Version 49: Discussion

Version 49 release notes were published today

Discuss!

My thoughts:

This is not the QoL update I was hoping for. I guess it’s easy to add, but I won’t celebrate this as SG making QoL updates.

I like that they put dates out into July. 4 of these 5 heroes are considered “good” heroes within their rarity. Why buff them further?

Solid update I guess. I hope it gets added for other seasons just to make farming easier.

What is time skip?

How many buffs have Villians gotten by now?

16 Likes

Next Dark lord buff to 600% damage? Yes please

3 Likes

For time skip, the only timed stuffs in the game and in the hands of players are: constructions, researchs, trainings and Craftings. So maybe something to skip those instead of spending gems, to help newer players I guess. Just my few guessing cents.

2 Likes

Looks great to me if you’re new player.

A good sign that SG is listening to the forum, hopefully it will help the new players to benefit from POV and events.

They should really buff Bennu a bit.
At least put 20 recover like Azmia before. Then we have a decent Counterattack Blue 5*.
Cause seem like Bennu is way weaker than Sif (and whole lot weaker than C.Sif)

If challenge festival 2 is in August, July will probably be gargoyles again unless there is another new event.

2 Likes

Some games offer construction expeditors for players, who are impatient to get their buildings done ahead of time. These can be free (from loot) or purchased from the in-app Shop. Another option rather than use gems.

One of my games has this feature. I don’t bother with them even when I get them free.

This “time skip” can also be referring to hastening completion of HA or AL or even TC. Another option other than gems.

My two cents about each stuff :grin:

Kalevala event
Yes. YES. Seasonal events are sooooo much better than challenge annoying events. No random rewards, no pro anxiety clocks and no need of item burning. Good rewards, good amount of time to complete and free avatars. Not mentioning free EHTs and being able to use them in its portal. So much better than ANOTHER tiring challenge event.

Challenge Festival 2
I’m kinda neutral. The more portal excluding season 1/2/3/4 heroes, the better. But only villains, circus and slayers? I was expecting Knights and/or gargoyles too - but not really complaining. Those events have miserable differences between each other and all 3 are super boring so I think they will do so much better merged. Only ONE epic hero and no rare from bards family keeps the streak of legendary Heroes spam, though.

Valhalla Costumes
Not needed, poorly planned, messed up (at least in beta). I’m not expecting anything from it. They’re just adding reasons to make you spend for dupes. They barely started the S2 costumes and are already making greedy, boring, barely changing original heroes skills costumes for S3 too.

Perks for s5 heroes in s5 map
It’s okay. Fair enough.

New Atlantis hero: Oceanus
Another overpowered hero like Tethys to make you pull a ton of dupes while chasing them. Greedy boring move part 82928389283882937. Atlantis and Valhalla are gem exclusive portals basically already so no doubt they will start to hide OP heroes behind them.

Master Trainer and stuff for beginners
Master Trainer are alright but if they’re as rare as trainer troops I won’t even bother to think about them. Almost never seen any trainer troop as loot. The stuff for beginners I don’t have any idea of what are them but probably you’ll have to pay for skipping first boring stages of the game :laughing:

Another villain buff
The ONLY fair buff to villains until today. Their family bonus always were mediocre. I’m surprised they didn’t further buffed their skills again but they probably will when challenge event 2 is closer. :face_vomiting: Again, nothing we can really call a balance update. This game had none in a while - in exception of Kalø’s nerf - that was needed, but was clearly a bait and switch from Zynga because there’s no way a hero like that could exist.

2h mystic vision
The best part of everything for sure.

Grading:
Quality of life? Not really
Hero spam? Definitely
Roster space solution? No
Balance update? No

Just another day in e&p. Nothing much imo.

28 Likes

Best news from this update is that CF 2.0 will be in August, not July. All those wanting to pull in this event will not be tempted to hold back because the July HotM is dreadful.

6 Likes

I wonder what that Starter Pass might be to help newer players :blush:

2 Likes

Should include that Classic Legendary Hero Token for sure. Or at least 5x EHT and ETT

1 Like

Time skip is like legendary tome. They’ll tell you it’s not PAYWALLED and everyone has a chance to get it. They just left out the word “fat” before chance

3 Likes

I’m not sold on July’s hotm. Already have better heroes than July’s hotm.

1 Like

Agree. I think he’s awful. If the new Challenge Festival were in July, I’d have had mixed feelings about summoning there, because I need many of the CF heroes, but I don’t want that HotM taking up roster space. With it being in August, where the HotM looks really good, I have no such reservations.

1 Like

Would take one to time skip my tc20 trainings or HA10 trainings if it can apply to that

So is the challenge event rotation now Gargoyles → CF 1 → ?? → CF 2? Or will CF 1 be retired after June?

Since CF2 does not include the old challenge events and heroes (which are gradually getting costumes, thus bringing revenues to SGG), no way it’s going to retire already.
Anyway, this looks sane to me to have only three events in the rotation (CF 1 and 2 and Garygoles). This allows to have the same event’s occurrences not too far apart from one to the next. No need to wait for 6 months to pull for the heroes you are looking for.

1 Like

Which legendary tome are you referring to ?

it is good overall
need more buffs for other families and heroes

and classic S1 need a family. it is funny seeing them in story mode trying to make things work yet they are weaker than the rest

They’re making costumes for aesthetic reasons, not to buff. The buff is typically minor.