Version 37 Rare Titan Reduction Discussion & Feedback [Developer Response in Post #85 & #200]

#IAmAnInconvenientPlayer

Good day, gentlemen of the community and the big family of the puzzle empire.

I am writing to you, Moto-moto, a person who has been playing this game for a long time and now the moment has come when I first ask you to cancel the 24 hour line when entering a new Alliance, this has a very negative effect on my regime games in the empire of puzzles, I ask you to return back the opportunity to enter a new Alliance and receive 100% loot, without a mark in 24 hours, without this mode I will continue to play with pleasure and interest that have disappeared at the moment after your new change in the game mode. …

Thanks, we look forward to hearing.
Moto-moto.:hippopotamus:

6 Likes

Strange way to sort out the problem with opting-in for multiple wars… instead of fixing it you guys just kill the whole merc-community
And speaking on the jumping in and out the alliances…why do we have “invite only” option then?

8 Likes

I wish I could like your comment more! That mechanic not only fixes the Merc problem but also doesn’t restrict other people from travelling around. Devs, please, consider implementing this solution

The developers cannot understand why they made it …

3 Likes

When I was in a much more casual alliance you need it to be open so you get transient players drifting through. Some move on, some choose to stay but for a lot of those types of alliances no one wants to be the recruiter.

So you switch everyone to invite only and that also kicks those alliances.

It’s a double edged sword. Sure sometimes we needed Mercs but we also had the exact issue this tries to fix which was people hunting rares, turning up, dropping monster hits, getting caught in the war selection and leaving us with a dead Titan and 6 dead war flags.

Mercs who are asked for aren’t the issue. It was the ones who didn’t care about anyone but themselves that were the issue.

8 Likes

sure thing, but types are easy to change from open to invite only for the period of matchmaking…

1 Like

So much this.

Meanwhile it’s pretty clear who here is the kind of player that joins alliances uninvited… do they also wander into unlocked houses and cars?

I’ve told people before that the only way to stop such players is to go invite only. That doesn’t make it right though.

I do think there’s a better solution available for both issues… but it’s going to require more effort on SGG’s side.

1. Disable war participation flag on join to an alliance. This does mean the war tutorial needs to be changed too. But making it so you’re not forced into war is one of those long standing QoL improvements too… and yes, it means people going out to merc have to re-enable it every time. Too bad.

2. Track rare titans over a longer period of time and only give full rewards once every 5 days (120 hours), which seems to be the minimum time between rare titans in a single alliance.

I’d tag Petri on this, but I suspect it’ll be lost in the spam.

3 Likes

If the next PoV requirements are for starred titans, my hubby and I on our small alliance are screwed. We were going to rely on helpful mercs to get us past the higher titans. I wish they’d drop the starred titans requirement altogether.

It’s hard enough to find mercs during the active war hours, now players will need to coordinate between rare titans, too. Seems like every change (or decision) being made by SG lately has pushed me closer to thinking about leaving the game.

5 Likes

Good day.

I think we need to make sure that the loot from a rare titanium is saved if the player received full loot for killing the previous titan in the same alliance.

Why then should other players suffer from your and their actions? wouldn’t it be easier to punish them?
the question now is why you didn’t give advance notice. I have never done evil to alliances, but now I have received an underestimated reward for the titan. it is unfair to responsible players.

2 Likes

I suppose the upcoming limit breaker items could possibly be included as Rate Titan reward, as far as the “gaining an unfair advantage” comment is concerned.

My personal experience with mercenaries can be placed into three groups. Positive, neutral and negative.

Positive are the ones that assist alliances asking for help to finish their (rate) titan because they’re not able to do it alone.

There are other groups that show up in your alliance before a titan spawns. If a rare titan spawns, hit it once or twice, then wait a reasonable amount of time giving everyone else a chance to hit it, before finishing it. Personally I never had an issue with these either. I think most of us can agree that they’re not negative by any means. So I’d rank them either positive Or neutral at worst.

Then there are some groups that join you, see a rate titan spawn and try to kill it as quickly as possible. Sometimes without anyone else even having a chance to hit it. Even better if they’re opted in for war and leave a couple [Ex-Member] on the war board. They’re are certainly a negative experience for most who encounter them.

Now, how do you ideally find a solution to penalise the players that fall into the negative group without hurting players in positive and/or neutral?

4 Likes

You got advanced notice, as v37 hasn’t rolled out everywhere yet.

Beyond that, there’s a thread on how bad SGG is at communicating with players. Several threads, actually. The underlying issue is that given the community response, it’s not particularly surprising.

This text will be blurred

3 gems for 324k ? Xaxaxa this game only take money from the people xaxa me never again dont buy nothing from this ■■■■ game

1 Like

I’m intrigued at the number of posters who seem to have joined the forum just to comment on this topic - and who are all coming from the same viewpoint and seem to be using the same or similar turn of phrase. I’m not saying it’s anything sinister, but it looks like there’s been some kind of campaign behind the scenes.

The “slavery” comments are ridiculous hyperbole btw. Nobody’s making you do anything. The rewards for certain behaviours have been reduced, I won’t comment on whether that is a good and fair move or not as it doesn’t affect me, although I can see that it might be annoying, but that is all it is.

I also note that SG have explained why they did it and have said they will reconsider whether this is the best method. That’s good, right?

7 Likes

I can vouch for unwanted “rare mercs” being annoying as when my current alliance was growing we were plagued with them. There weren’t enough members to go Invite Only at the time, by the time someone woke up to accept a genuine player the applicant had got bored and joined someone else. So it’s a problem that needs to be fixed, albeit not a very big one this time (ahem, ham, ahem).

@ERROR4 's solution seems to be very sensible and if it can be coded would allow mercing and travelling, as many like to do, but not allow excess farming of emblems and bonus items. Although it hardly seems worth the effort given the loot, I wonder why they do it tbh.

1 Like

@Petri This is a very reasonable solution to this problematic change. Please for once listen to the community!

3 Likes

I am amazed at the opinion of some …; (This is a game that brings us pleasure to play it. The current change will radically change the gameplay of many. Each of us is free to choose how to play, so that it brings really positive emotions. And the role of developers is to be on the side of each player! With this change, this is not entirely true: (Leaving the alliance in constant fear sitting with a calculator, so as not to lose rewards that are not easy to get, this is very sad! Even if there are people who abuse, this does not mean that there should be all are punished … Alliances that do not like the appearance of random players can change the alliance type to “by invitation only” and for this there is a leader of each alliance!
All the best in the game and in offline)) it is a pity after few years of playing, most likely I will have to say goodbye to the game in which I spent a lot of my free time …

2 Likes

Good day again! Yesterday I tried to understand you for a very long time after the introduction of the new rules in 24 hours in the alliance, but I realized that you are infringing on the free players ’ rights! This is discrimination! Why are you against free players? Alliances that don’t want to see players coming to the rare Titan always have the option to close the alliance, put restrictions on cups, or simply kick out uninvited guests! When a strong player comes to the alliance and helps kill the titan, it inspires new players to be stronger and develop in the game. Some of them will use donat to grow faster. Is it bad? Someone chooses to play in an alliance, and someone finds it boring, and he is interested in playing without an alliance, why are these players not equal in their rights to loot? The rules of the game do not say that the player should only play in an alliance, the player can play without an alliance. But you restrict the rights of free players and turn them into slaves of the alliance, because now you need to wait for a titan for 24 hours, and if a rare one arrives at random, then wait even longer. Where is the freedom of choice in the game? This is discrimination against players who are not in the alliance! Are they different, and not like the players in the alliance? The whole world is fighting for freedom and equality, and you are against it? Please return the rules back, do not disappoint the huge number of players who will simply leave the game because of the new slave rules! By the way, these free players also bought donat in the game, but they will leave because of your new rules…
#IAmAnInconvenientPlayer

5 Likes

I was in an alliance where mercs poached our rare titan. The alliance was all members from North America. The titan spawned in the middle of our night. We woke up to a dead rare titan. A whole bunch of people with names in a foreign language entered our alliance, killed the titan, then all left. The last one out the door left a smiley face in the chat. No one in our alliance got any loot.

Obviously the way to prevent that is the make it a closed alliance.

Perhaps SG did this move to deal with bad mercs instead of eliminating the option to have an open alliance.

2 Likes