Version 37 Rare Titan Reduction Discussion & Feedback [Developer Response in Post #85 & #200]

This needs to be bumped repeatedly. It is a simpler and more elegant solution to the problem SG is trying to solve than the solution SG has proposed.

When we began my current alliance we called on Mercs twice. Both were for rare titans when several members had RL issues that kept them away from the game (gave advanced notice).
We could not have had a better experience, kind, helpful, pointers, respectful to the point they did not stick around for the loot, they simply helped us.

We switched to Invite Only because we had transient players join and quit in rapid succession many times and some unwanted kills on titans we were saving to the last hour to avoid gaining too many stars.

Always a dilemma, people do misbehave and the war issue is egregious, therefore @ERROR4’s solution aids tremendously and not only regarding titan mercs but all visitors. Anyone that goes out visiting often will quickly learn to opt back in when landing in an alliance where they would like to participate in war.

If using Error4’s solution it could always be combined with a bonus for “loyalty”, ie for having stayed in an alliance for longer than XX days or months. It doesn’t have to be much but a clearly demarked “loyalty” slot could be created and SG could determine whether it is mats, tokens, emblems or gems…

Legit, respectful mercs have a role in the game, everyone enjoys the game differently. Rather than cutting off an avenue for enjoyment as SG proposes, why not leave it open as Error4 proposes?

3 Likes

i agree with every word you said. i have been playing the game for 3 years 7 months been mercing for 2.5 years i spend like 10 months without getting 4* ascend (i was in alliance) started mercing everything changed for me

Something about titan loot now.
Used: two flags, no battle items
Gained: TEF, 3 LT, Trainer Hero

How does this random work?
New restrictions are bound to lead to new opportunities. This is the law of life.
Even if some kind of restriction is made with rare titans, nothing prevents us from beating ordinary titans and getting more rewards as a mercenary and breaking away from alliance players.
For example, 50% of HP from 14* titan is 9-10*
Which is better - one large titan or two small ones? In the first case, you will get 4 attempts for a 4 * subject, and in the second - twice for 3 attempts (total - 6).
In this update, there is an attempt to give an advantage to alliance players, but the problem is not being resolved globally.
In addition, players who specialize in challenge events and ninja towers (including me) find it beneficial to beat small titans (up to 11-12*) in order to save the necessary amount of battle equipment to reach the top places and guarantee themselves excellent rewards (items, emblems, etc).
In this way, the players create self-sufficiency. Any developer understands that this should not be the case, otherwise the profit will be lost.
In my memory, there are many cases when on weaker titans the rewards are better than on stronger ones. Therefore, the players gradually come to the conclusion that the race for the titans and the tops does not lead to anything good.
It should also be added that it is unprofitable to keep high cups. The optimal value is between 2,000 and 2,400 cups. There are a lot of people here who quit the game, and they give more food and iron than in the diamond league. And it’s much easier to win them.
But what if you introduce additional rewards for being in the top of the alliance and in the top in cups?
Why not enter seasons, for example, every month? And to display rewards by cups, titans and wars?
Why not introduce a “weaning” of a part of the loot from the alliance in the war?
In fact, it could be much more interesting for all players! Even if it does lead to treaty wars, there are still ways to avoid it.
It may seem incredible, but there are still so many opportunities to improve the game and add competition, so that the strongest and best players prove their superiority in the ALLIANCE again and again.
Agree that the role of a mercenary will immediately lose interest in the game and the alliance players themselves will have to develop their own strategy to reach the best places.
Or maybe it makes sense to add more than just a personal top on events and a ninja tower? Maybe there will be top alliances with an average result here (or sum)?

In general, I threw in a huge number of options for the development of the game, which will be positively perceived by absolutely all players. Along with all the active events taking place in the game, you can safely add the competition of alliances so that it is the game in the alliance that has more advantages than playing as a mercenary. But nowadays the scales are tilting in the opposite direction.

Thanks for attention!

2 Likes

Still have to wait 20 hours for it to die. And be their before spawn for the regular titan don’t forget the other ridiculous rule. :panda_face:

A quick status update.

Thank you for a good suggestion! We actually did already consider a similar idea before, but at the time we rejected it because we think the 6-day limit is too short and making it any longer could result in a situation where you get reduced loot even if you stayed in the same alliance.

Here’s what we are planning for Version 38:

Rare Titan Rewards are reduced if you were not a member of the Alliance at the time the Titan appeared, or if it has been less than 12 days since you received a full Rare Titan reward in a different Alliance.

One key thing to note is the word “different”. If you stay in the same Alliance, you’ll get the full reward even if the Titan happens to spawn faster.

15 Likes

First, thank you for the response and for addressing @ERROR4 ’s suggestion in particular, because I very much agree with it.

I’m not a merc, have never done so, and never used them, so this doesn’t affect me, but I’d still like to see a better solution.

It’s theoretically possible to get a rare in the same alliance in 6 days. Super unlikely, but a number of us have seen it occur. Although not recently.

Point being, if it can be that short inside a single alliance, why isn’t that the standard?

I really hope this is EXTENSIVELY tested, particularly corner cases. Ahem.

Such as…

1. Is the first rare Titan post patch giving full loot to everyone as long as they joined before it appears?
  2. Even if this was their first alliance?
  3. If you do merc, kill rare in alliance A (your home), kill rare in alliance B 5 days later, then kill rare in A 8 days after that, are you out of full loot for both the 2nd and 3rd titans?

If 3 is true then I don’t see it helping with the issue, since many will be forever in that situation. Twelve days is a long time.

But I’m glad SGG is looking at further tweaking this. Again, thank you for the communication.

4 Likes

Seriously?? 12 days? Are you crazy?
A total non sense.
It kills all the players without an alliance.
The “fix” is really worse than the problem…
Why do you like to kill a piece of the game every day?

The “situation where you get reduced loot even if you stayed in the same alliance” is avoided if you apply this solution.
So why did you double up the days???

2 Likes

i get out often to do some merc and i really like this idea to fix the problem. As i hate you when you don’t listen us :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: i wanna say thank you this time!

Chopping the the game down bit by bit fun will be truly gone soon. Hay ho plenty other games out there.

Thanks for the heads up.
Luckily I am far too lazy to be doing any type of out-of-alliance titan hunting for this to affect me

1 Like

I totally agree. You guys have all this time to think about and implement said changes but the quality of life changes that have been years off in the making like hero academy???I hear nothing but silence . We were promised a year ago that the duplicate hero problem and hero academy would get a revamp but we’re still waiting. You have all this time to mess around in trivial crap that doesn’t really matter but no time to fix the real problems??? You strain out the gnat to swallow a camel. Since you guys have so much spare time to screw with minor details how about getting to the big issues that we’ve been waiting on for over a year.

5 Likes

In my 2+ years of playing, I never considered mercing, but I recently joined an alliance that kills 14* in under 12 hours (without flasking) and I usually only get to hit one or two extra times after using my initial three flags. I would consider mercing now to use my extra titan hits to hep out other alliances that can’t kill a titan on their own. I think the initial idea was poorly thought out, but the fix might still make it worth trying out the mercing life (for titans only).

Hello! I totally support the idea to reward players for staying in alliance instead of punishing them for leaving. Usually players have 2-3 free flags to spend on side titans and get ~ 100k food/iron and some other loot for each one. So why not to add increasing daily bonus to motivate them to stay in home alliance? I think this bonus should be something like brilliant chest loot to compensate unused flags and lets say for 100 days staying in alliance, so the reward loot formula could be look like:

(typical brilliant chest loot)*ln(days in alliance + 1)/ln(100)

This formula and loot amount is discussionable. What do you think guys?

1 Like

You guys keep talking about QOL improvements…all the improvements are QOL based…lol.

To try and bolster SG’s cash flow to improve their quality of life.

Havent ppl realized that all these SG staff members really dont care about their customer base and oy themselves?

not fun…
only happen to us once…
found out someone had called for a merc.
communicate and lock the door.

1 Like

They don’t bother me… I instablock if they spam or don’t respond… but yes it did make it worse… demands a longer block list!

1 Like

I have periods in the game where I stay in an alliance for months.
But sometimes, like in the current moment, I like to change every week/2 weeks.
This is for different reasons: I love to meet new people, I love to visit old friends, I am less invested in the game and have some more time for real-life things.

With the rule you suggest; you are punishing me hard.

I don’t understand why it should be 12 days. If I for example leave after a rare titan died; 11 days later I will still get reduced loot in new alliance. And the next rare titan might be 10 days later. This leaves me with 21 days in between full rare titan loot.
The waiting period in between should be more reasonable. 12 days in between loot is the best case scenario in this new rule you suggest, but it will be a lot more in most cases.

Can I please enjoy the game the way I want too without receiving punishment? I don’t see how my playstyle is hurting anybody.

7 Likes

I have pointed out this problem in Beta, more than one time.
THEY DON’T CARE.
Some players are penalized because other players play in a way that SG does not like.
Another great addition from SG!!!

2 Likes

Per the Version 38 Release Notes, Devs are changing their Solution to “Rare Titan Mercing” to the below:

This is (essentially) the solution put forward by @ERROR4 earlier in this thread.

PLEASE NOTE: it specifically says DIFFERENT alliance… So if you are in the same ally, you are unaffected by this change.

In Version 37, it was introduced that players needed to be in the alliance for 24 hours prior to Rare Titan appearing to get non-reduced loot.

1 Like

Common guy’s just read the 38 what would be out in few days and there they change not 24 hours instead they put 12 days guys so very nice indeed. In a short period of time if you left the alliance you will get anything for a month or two :)))