Version 37 Rare Titan Reduction Discussion & Feedback [Developer Response in Post #85 & #200]

Guess there’ll be even more requests for titan help in Peer Support, Experienced and other chat rooms. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Peer support has already turned to a complete graveyard with merc request spam. Thanks SG!

2 Likes

Did you know there are some high level players (level 60+) who legitimately think the purpose of PS is a titan request room? :scream:

Sorry to go off topic.

1 Like

When in doubt best to file a support request to SG. They either fix your loot or sent you back the exact times they registered. Over the cource of a week we filled 10 to figure out the exact conditions for full loot.

It’s not like a titan chest that you can wait-out by being ofline untill a certain time. It’s about loot pick-up vs kill time. I can draft you a scenario where you are in an allaince 30h when picking up rare titan loot that still guartees you recuded loot.

I merc everyday 1 or 2 Times…in 3 months and for sure 30 at least rare titans between *4 and 12, I never received a 4 ascension! Normally a backpack and other ■■■■■ it’s a choice and i’m happy with IT!

Thank you for your feedback. As mentioned in the Version 37 Release Notes, Rare Titan rewards are reduced if you were not a member of the Alliance 24 hours before the Rare Titan appeared.

This change was made because some players were abusing the Rare Titan spawning logic to gain an unfair amount of Rare Titan rewards. This led to many Alliances feeling harassed by players constantly joining and leaving as they looked for Rare Titans about to spawn. This behavior also had an adverse effect on Alliance Wars because the visiting players were included in the matchmaking but never stayed for the war.

Please note that this is different from merc’ing because the Alliances were not asking for their help, and the players didn’t actually stay to help almost any of the alliances they visited.

We discussed many different options to prevent this unwanted behavior. At the time, we believed the current fix to be the best solution for the problem. That being said, we did not fully consider the effect it would have on the players who spend most of their time in a single Alliance, but periodically visit other Alliances. We appreciate your feedback regarding this topic, and will consider if we could implement a “best of both worlds” solution to the problem.

54 Likes

Also you want people to stay in and join alliances?
This is counter productive when a new recruit could join and a rare titan appear he’s just going to leave because you just cut his loot …
now I have to calculate when a rare is “probably coming” and try not to recruit untill it comes …
Ridiculous

Stop trying to make everyone happy.

They can lock their alliance if they are complaining of ppl coming in and out of their alliance.

You don’t have to change everything people complain about.

Most ppl like mercs …

12 Likes

Wow we always just looked at the players name and made sure it hit 20 hours. They got full loot and blems and a scope! Odd.

Had to be in it 20 hours before it died we do it all the time… never had a problem. This is just stupid. If I join an alliance and a rare titan spawns I’m going to leave because I’m not going to get good loot … just dumb at least the old way I could tell everyone to not throw the death flag till so and so’s been in the alliance for 20 hours which was so doable.

1 Like

Wanted behavior:

1. people helping out in allaince to kill the titan upon request

Unwated side effects:
2) people clearing an unfair ammount of rare titans
3) people matching up in war that don’t stay for war

Solution to problem 2 - You can only get full loot on a rare titan if your previous rare titan was over 6 days ago.
Solution tot problem 3 - upon entry of an allaince you are automatically opt-out of war. Each time you join an allaince you must opt-in again.

Remove the new 24h rule, keep the existing 20h rule and implement above. Fixed :slight_smile:

35 Likes

Thank you for the explanation. At least it would be fair for loyal members to stick to their alliance where loyalty should be rewarded. Before this upcoming update, it appears that disloyalty are rewarded more, jumping from one alliance to another, especially those who join alliances without even asked to do so just for them to reap the benefits from rare titans.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, did you just compare limits within a mobile game to discrimination against race, sexuality, and gender in real life ???

Wow now I’ve seen everything.

14 Likes

I think this change will also hit alliance war jumpers as well. I know a number of players and even whole alliances who are jumping from one alliance to another right after the end of war. And they are present even amongst top alliances.
SG will see a lot of rants because of this. Sure, most or maybe everyone of them will officially claim another reason/s for them standing against this change.

Well…

1 Like

Cheers for the explanation. I can understand why now. but will upset alot of other players that don’t stay in alliance but hay ho they will hav to take it on the chin. on there other hand will make recruiting easier :rofl:.

sucks that I won’t be able to use my free flags tho. Hopefully there will be a solution to this down the line.

I like it, good update (following feedback from staff explaining)

Mp idea why this was flagged. Courtesy of Google translate.

Return everything as it was. This is an inconvenience. Why make such a restriction for players?

We chain 14* titans and I’ve never had a free flag since we started that…

But back in the day when we used to skip I could see the issues. I’ve never merced, I’m too lazy to be bothered so we just lost a couple of flags and that was that.

I’m not involved in recruitment but anyone that is knows it’s a pain…so maybe this helps that which fixes another issue I guess.

Trying to appease everyone usually ends up with no one appeased though…

1 Like

Dear developers, I completely disagree with the innovation regarding loot from rare titans. You write that the hiring is not in demand and the fact that many entering the titanium get on the selection in the war and do not participate. There are such moments, I do not argue, but these are isolated cases due to the negligence of one or another player. In other cases, people ask a lot for help, now you have deceived them with this help and many weak alliances will be forced to let go of a rare titan. leave everything as it was, and for new items of scales it is better to do a special quest. It would be a better solution than to kill part of the game, that is, hiring!

1 Like

As I said in my previous post, I dont merc, so this new rule doesent hurt me much (havent left my current alliance for 117 days, we are killing every titan). But, what does make me very angry is the fact that you guys (SGG) have time to develop marginal game features to (as you call it) “prevent unwanted behavior” (a.k.a. mercing), but dont have time to consider developing some very wanted and long waited QoL improvements of the game.

11 Likes

I’m in a alliance hitting 14* now so completely understand the top boys and top alliance’s won’t care tbh.

But will suck for merc and small /medium alliance that pop in and out and guess POV aswell.
Plus a good chunk don’t like being tied down to one. So will be interesting to see what they do as won’t be much point being a merc so there options is struggle, join, or leave completely or take it on the chin and except poor loot.

I’m a busy person so this don’t really effect me as I just stay in the alliance.

1 Like

Cookie Settings