Version 30 Announcement Discussion

I’m like 99% sure that the valour challenges won’t change… That would be incredibly stupid imo…

3 Likes

Schedule changes: Event Schedule Changes (Version 30 Onwards)

Previously players had “mapped out” the common recurring ones in calendars (e.g. this month: JUNE 2020 CALENDAR (Path of valor III, Atlantis, Guardians of Teltoc, The masquerade, Tavern of Legends, Sand Empire, Valhalla, rare quests, trials) -tentative-

1 Like

as I understand they are like this (but i might be wrong):

First Thursday of the month: AR (THU-SAT)
Second Thursday of the month: Challenge event (THU 7 am UTC - MON 7 am UTC)
Monday immediately after the challenge event: - Costumes (Mon 7am - Wed 7am)
Third Thursday of the month - Legends (Thu 7 am - Mon 7 am)
Fourth Thursday of the month - Valhala (Thu 7 am - Mon 7 am)

all times are UTC.

1 Like

So, challenge events are going to end at 3 AM EDT on Monday morning now? So much for that final push, lol.

So… do I get my popcorn back now? Do those who complained about that one line come back and provide me salt or butter?

Glad to see that changed.

3 Likes

They had told us that Valor Challenges wouldn’t be updated until POV4, but that Daily Challenges were expected to be updated in POV3.

I posted about that a few weeks ago:

9 Likes

Glad the AL information regarding lvl 10a was a mistake. Researching that lvl wasnt a waste after all. It was the main reason I got upset about the announcement… As the fact that HA wasn’t going to be really exciting wasn’t anything new and I don’t mind the adjustments about the monthly events really much. Could be even for the better.

3 Likes

So do I now use the majority of my 4 star duplicates as feeders lol?

3 Likes

It’s funny thinking that by the time V31 hits the store, my HA will still be under construction :sweat_smile:

EDIT: thinking about it more seriously. This update will have the revamped sand empire, I’m expecting the halloween event to be revamped too this year, and it occurs in october. Without a second builder it takes at least three months to reach HA10, and this means late september.
Holy gems! I may be right! O_O

8 Likes

In fact, Clarissa has finished up with the digestion of some of my 4* dupes as I saw no immediate hope for them…

1 Like

Free reloll when opponent is online removed :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So I have no reason to research titanium shields, thanks SGG.

4 Likes

It’s a shame that they canceled the free reroll … So I’ll make my own defense team with 1 hero :joy:

4 Likes

Unpopular opinion: shields are still a good item, just not exactly amazing considering the hoops you need to jump through to get them.

As for the rest of the additions, not thrilled about either alchemy or hero academy, will max everything I have before those. Will maybe try it in a year when/if it’s revamped (and when I actually have all prereqs, f2p base building takes a while).

Don’t have any strong feelings regarding the event schedule changes honestly, but I could see how moving Atlantis off Sunday would be a detriment to weekend players.

TL;DR: 3.6 roentgen, not great, not terrible.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see Sand Empires broadened and updated. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m going to give HA a shot and see what happens… :face_with_monocle:

The Titanium shield change just seems incredibly mean spirited :unamused:

22 Likes

as if the reduction of loot tickets in chests did not make it clear enough :rofl:

6 Likes

In an effort to highlight something positive…

I have a 4-70 Capt of Diamonds that I had regretted ascending and maxing, but I guess he is improved now… he’ll clear minions from the board now, since he jumps to next target that HAS minions before stopping.

Maybe this was covered elsewhere, but I’m curious how he interacts with Telluria. From the wording in the update notes, it says “if the target had Minions, they will attack another enemy who has Minions.” It no longer specifies that the minions must be destroyed or removed, just that the enemy had minions. So does this mean that even though it won’t auto-remove the minion from Telluria (because of her special resistance), it will still move on to hit another target?

Also, if he misses due to blind or dodge, will he continue attacking? Because “the target had minions”… which doesn’t specify it was a HIT target, but maybe I’m overthinking it. :wink:

Either way, I’ll probably roll out the Captain at times now to see if he clears minions, especially with someone like Freya, perhaps… or next month’s HOTM… or Seshat if there is another minion summoner or druid on the team. I think the Captain may have potential to at least be somewhat usable now, instead of relying on RNG to determine how many targets he hits. :slight_smile:

EDIT: So to work it out a bit…
…if only the primary target has minions (Seshat), he’ll hit two targets (Seshat + random)
…if three have minions (Buddy), he’ll hit four targets (three w/minions + random)
…if all five have minions, he’ll hit all five targets (unless minion-removal exceptions apply)

Good gaming!

7 Likes

I think it was @Razor who made a video using CoD against minion teams, highlighting the amount of damage he did. Seemed to be a considerable option even before the buff. I also have a maxed CoD but due to better options, he still couldn’t make it in my team. Obviously the downside against Telly is him being blue.

2 Likes

I agree about the shields. It was a creative idea by someone to get a bit of an edge, albeit a bit expensive, against 13-14* titans. I just don’t understand why they would do this. It makes absolutely no sense to me, but I’ll save ham and iron on them from now on because they’re not worth it to me otherwise. (Along with most of the rest of the alchemy lab). Unfortunately, it’s not looking promising on the hero academy we’ve been looking forward to for so long either. Very disappointing. The more things seem to get pushed on me that appear to increase the urge to buy, the more I’m inclined to spend less and less. (Stubborn Texan that I am :woman_shrugging:)

13 Likes

Atlantis Rising will be moved from Friday to start on Thursday, ending on Saturday. Please note that there are no changes to the duration of this Event.

What another unpopular move, noone was requesting… Sorry SG, one step closer to the graveyard. :coffin:

18 Likes