[SOLVED] Version 20 Update broke my in game fonts/text/labels/sprites, etc

I was using Samsung Galaxy S4 with the official system of Android 5.0.1. when I encountered this problem.

I guessed it’s due to the low version of android system, so I have flashed my mobile phone with an unofficial system of Android 7.1.2 and reinstalled the game, but it doesn’t work.

Finally I have to install an Android emulator called “BlueStacks” on PC to play the game.
This emulator is running Android 7.1.2 and I can play the game without any problem.

I have told the SG support about this and hope it could help them to find out the reason.

1 Like

I think it is not a problem with android, but it is a graphical programming error, there are players with inferior android version playing and with higher version with problems. They ask for our ID on the medium, but there’s no way they can. We need a solution as it only affects ASUS and SAMSUNG users. There are many bugs in this version and no one in Development says anything to us. Many of us are VIPs and we are losing money.

Mine is neither of those. My tablet is a Fusion 5, and I also have android 7.1.2. and I’m having this issue

1 Like

I also have a Fusion 5 and am having the same problem.

no answer so far about our problem? Will not anyone help us? Let’s get sidetracked?

If you are still experiencing this issue, and have checked the device requirements linked by Petri, please send a Support ticket through the affected account. I am including an image to where you can find the Support button through the game, if you do not have the text - Menu → Options (Gear Icon) → Support (middle tab)

image_from_ios%20(2)

2 Likes

unfortunately my friend, this is not possible, because the support button inside the game, due to the bug, disappeared or crashed. With the help of friends, some here got the account number and opened ticket on the support, but no answer so far. In fact we do not even know where support will respond to our request.

Please remember: the actual Support & FAQ page where you can contact our Player Support is located at https://support.smallgiantgames.com/

More instructions on how to contact Player Support can be found here: Empires & Puzzles Support > Community & Support > Customer Support

The instructions for this can be found here on the Forum as well. Please remember to add as many details as possible, as they might help us with the issue (e.g. Device model, platform & os-version and most importantly enough details so that we can find your game account).

2 Likes

Hello all at the end of the day many of us are having this issue with no real response…I have contacted customer support as suggested, with my account identifier and the details concerning the problem we are having and screen shots of the in-game problem. This was the response this morning…I will leave names out of course.

** (Small Giant Games)

Mar 25, 15:51 EET

Hi ,

Thank you for your message.

To play Empires & Puzzles, your Android device must have at least the following specifications:

⦁ 0.5 GB of RAM (1GB or more is recommended)
⦁ Android OS 4.4.3 or higher (6.0 or higher is recommended)
⦁ 800x480 higher screen resolution (higher is recommended)

We cannot assure that even with these minimum specifications your device will be able to run the game. Android offers a multitude of devices and they are made for specific purposes, and not all devices are designed for gaming.

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer assistance on device-related issues.

If you are experiencing issues with your gaming device, please contact your device manufacturer as soon as possible.

While device related issues are beyond our control, we are investigating this issue further to see if we can affect anything on this end.

As this is not a game side issue, it is not guaranteed that we will be able to affect anything, but we will do our best and update you if we have new information

If you face any other problems, please don’t hesitate to contact us again. We are always happy to assist you.

Best of luck in the battles!

Kind regards,

Small Giant Games

This was my reply to the above email.
Hello,

I have read your reply and are still unclear as to if the matter is just being brushed off…
To begin, Empires and Puzzles was working fine with no issues up until the 20.0.0 patch, and from what I have seen on the community forums I’m not the only one that is having this issue since the update.
I have checked the specs of my S4 and it is more than the minim requirements to run the game.

⦁ 0.5 GB of RAM (1GB or more is recommended) I have 2GB

⦁ Android OS 4.4.3 or higher (6.0 or higher is recommended) My OS is 5.01
⦁ 800x480 higher screen resolution (higher is recommended) My screen resolution is 1080 x 1920

I would like to say again that up until the 20.0.0 patch the game was working perfectly fine.

I have spent money playing this game and currently have a VIP pass running. I would like this to be addressed please so I can continue playing and enjoying the game.

Thank you.

So there you have it. This is the response to our problem so far…Not good at all in my opinion, sounds like “Well it’s not our problem good luck”.

No one here is trying to help us, because they want to blame our devices. I have friends in my alliance with cellular superior to mine without playing also and some with cellular scrap that is playing normally. No use coming here and saying that they do not detect problems, but they are too lazy. And yes, we’ve opened ticks for support with no response. SOMEONE CAN GIVE AN EXACT SOLUTION OR TRUE EXPLANATION

A post was split to a new topic: Drake Fong’s Monk Withstand Caused Evelyn to Not Hit Adjacent Obakan with Damage or Dispel

My Fusion 5 has done exactly the same after installing update. I can do without new raiding abilities if it means I can carry on playing. Please provide a fix or a way to retract the last update!

1 Like

I received a different response, so apparently we at least are not receiving form replies. Mine says:

"Hi Kamyk,

Thank you for contacting us and my apologies for the problem.

We are currently investigating this issue here and try to get it resolved as soon as we can.

We will update any news on the issue on our Announcements Page and the Community Forum when this has been solved.

If you face any other problems, please don’t hesitate to contact us again. We are always happy to assist you. Best of luck in the battles!

Kind regards,"

As to whether or not that actually means they really are looking into it will remain to be seen. I may have received a different reply based solely on the fact that I included my system capabilities in my support ticket to begin with. I’m sure it didn’t hurt anything that I also included a total of how much I have spent on their game in the last 2 months.

Edit:Why is this thread marked as having a solution? Other than info on how to contact customer support, it has not been resolved.

At least we know it’s not generic copy/paste messages. I do hope they manage to get this resolved quickly. Personally, it feels like it’s been awhile considering that lots of us spend more than a couple dollars regularly in the game.

After sending my reply to them that I posted I got another email this morning saying the same thing they told you. So I dunno what to think, lets hope they are really investigating it and are able to have a solution soon

I just checked my ticket and saw it was marked as “solved”!? I added to it to reopen it. The issue is still occurring, so I have no clue why they would mark my ticket as solved. Looking into the problem is not solving it. Fixing the issue is solving it. Again I say the same thing for this thread being marked as solved. Saying here’s how to contact customer support is not “solved”. It’s one step towards solving the issue, not a solution unto itself.

Getting kind of annoyed with this issue. I have figured out how to do a few things in game with no text, mainly collect my resources, upgrade buildings, and fight a battle I know I can win since the gems still show up, but it’s all from memory, and I can’t do anything else. I can’t interact with the group I am in, I can’t fight titans, I can’t do raids, I can’t participate in alliance wars, I can’t see my heros to level or ascend them, I can’t see enough info to use the forge, and I certainly can’t see enough to try to continue with the campaigns, since I can’t see any numbers, or any of my potions, etc.

3 Likes

Funny they throw something new in the game and they do not even solve our old problem. Still comes here and marks the post as resolved. Is that lack of consideration or lack of shame in the face? My vip will win and I could not enjoy it, and the only thing I see are some automatic answers here, because until today I did not get a response from the support.

Exactly! and no one is saying anything…not even a post saying they are aware of the problem. It’s like they are just blowing off a portion of their player base. How do you check the status of your Ticket?

1 Like

I think version 20.0 is dead for us because they are not worried about us. No one will worry about us anymore, because if we want to try to play again, we’ll have to wait for version 21, hopefully it works. I know that when I buy a new phone, I will remember to ask the seller before buying: - Hey friend, but this cell phone is good? Can you play EMPIRE & PUZZLES on it? I already see the ads of the stores: WE SELL CELLULAR TO PLAY Empire & Puzzles! Are we still going to play version 20?

If the issue is NOT addressed, then I am going to request a refund, and never put a dime into their company again, as well as make a stink about it on my social media. Hopefully it will be fixed though.

Well this is the latest info I got:

"Hi Kamyk,

We are actively trying to find a resolution to this issue here. Once the issue is fixed, or for an update on any issue in the game, you can find the information through the links I sent you in my prior ticket.

I thank you again for the information.

I’m marking this request as solved now, if you face any other problems, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.
We are always happy to assist you. Best of luck in the battles!

Kind regards,"

So in all probability we are being swept aside. I’d like to think not, but seriously? I’m told to keep my eye on the announcement page and community forums to see if/when this is fixed, and that’s my solution? Not happy.

1 Like