Version 18 - New class feature - any input on details?

Its really TC 1 in the AM and TC starting from 3pm until I wake up in the morning. And I do skip chests, but that doesn’t cost food, so I’m not sure why its an either or question.

1 Like

In thinking about it, if the trial is one day, that is a lot of WE. If it is two days, then it will be challenging to complete and do normal farming to keep the hero factories going. If it is three days, it isn’t so bad. I made a possibly bad assumption when I spoke, so I will shut up now until I see how it plays out.

Then I will whine and complain.

2 Likes

Thanks for the details! Interesting. The chest skipping is an either/or question to me simply because 8-7 is less efficient at dropping packs than 5-8 or 2-1-3. So I always feel a little bit like I’m wasting my flags by farming there to fill my chests.

2 Likes

Well if it’s good enough for Martha… :wink:

I actually am wondering a bit about how recruit farming will shape up when we start having Season 2 levels, Challenge Events, Rare Quests, and Class Trial Quests all pulling WE on a somewhat constant basis. At a certain point it does become hard to maintain enough recruits per flag to sustain anything other than 4xtc11.

It’s not really that the Class Quests in particular are an issue, so much as it all adding up.

I hadn’t personally worried about the related mats, given my stock situation. But I suspect it will sometimes necessitate tc changes for some people who otherwise need to farm with an eye toward getting backpacks to keep a tc2 running.

And it’s certainly possible that the Alchemy Lab will further strain farming requirements, depending on what inputs it takes.

Everything in this game is always a balancing act of resource prioritization. To me that’s the fun.

I’m just wondering how it’ll balance out in the long run.

4 Likes

Simple.

Don’t make the tokens purchasable.

Keep them earned through gameplay only.

Thought i mentioned that in a post above.

Even a lot of spenders don’t want the tokens purchasable. They’ve already spent to get the heros they have. They’ve spent to get the mats to max them. And now they’re going to feel pressured to spend more to keep up with the competition when these tokens hit the shop. Which may be good for SG’s bank account, but it’s definitely pushing quite a few players out of the game.

Been sayin this for 2 months. Some beta testers have said the same thing. Players from some of the top alliances have said the same thing. Some players have already quit spending since they saw the news of these tokens, tokens hitting the shops was just the nail in the coffin for them.

It’s not just about f2p vs p2w. It’s about the good of the game. Why should we spend the time and money to max a bunch of 5* if a couple years later SG will just add another layer to them to get people to spend more time and money working on heros they already have when players still spend money and time getting new heros to work on. It’s a bad move for all involved.

I get it as far as business. But I’m pretty positive this will hurt the business end sooner or later as well as the gamer end.

I’m not against SG making money. But they need to know people have a limit. You try to push for their wallets too much, and you wont get their debit card info. You’ll just get players and their friend’s moving on to other games. There is a way to get players to spend and be content about it and then there is a way to try to get player’s to spend that just drives them to quit spending.

Anyways I’m not a game developer or anything of the sort. Just speaking from a customer’s point of view and shedding light on the concerns i know myself and others have.

SG knows more about the big picture. They have a goal in mind. They know what their customers want and don’t want. We’ll see how it all plays out.

18 Likes

Hi. Do all the talents stack because only the Barbarian’s mention this?
Thanks.

I agree with you on the Point that the the Tokens should not be buyable.

With this I disagree because quite a lot of older players complained there is nothing left to do for them and the new content seems to be a resonable solution to that problem if they do not sell the tokens.

2 Likes

V18.0.1 success :joy: opened talent

1 Like

Embrace the talents!!!

1 Like

What does the x by some of the talents mean?

so with the reset does that mean once you max a hero you can reset to get the emblems returned and the hero is still maxed?

Got my first monk coins from a diamond chest.
2 coins.

I want to die.
Let me die.

4 Likes

Check your inbox too :wink:

…but you’ll still want to die. :smile:

2 Likes

5 * heroes need 1500 emblems :joy: you still want to die :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Thanks, was going to say this. I don’t care if the emblems are purchasable or not, but I’m glad there’s something more to work towards.

It means that stat is increased by a percentage instead of an absolute number. The upgrade path you choose will affect how many points that stat increases.

Do Thoth Amun’s minions normal attacks trigger his Sorcerer skill too ?

I’ve been farming S2 15-10 like crazy because of the mats and recruits

1 Like

FThe “x” nodes increase a stat by a % — a multiplier, whence the “x”. So if you’ve boosted defense a lot in earlier nodes, then this x node will give you more benefit.

2 Likes

does anyone want to try it on hero 3* because it only requires 14 emblems :joy::joy:
Like this bane = monk can resist status ailments :laughing::laughing:

1 Like