Version 18 - New class feature - any input on details?

Given the formula, 100x(Att/Def)^1.35, on less than a 5 stack Defense closes some of the gap I would speculate.

@AndyBSG… I concur with your assessment of the gap between f2p and p2w growing when /if this is implemented. It will likely destroy they enjoyablity of this game for f2p users.

Brian

3 Likes

Can you guys expand on why you think classes benefit p2w users more than f2p? This doesn’t even seem to be based on them selling emblems, but rather some notion you have about how spenders have some kind of inherent advantage in grinding. Not many people are spending hundreds on world energy flags unless they’re competing for events, if that’s what you concerned about.

2 Likes

@KingArchur… In response to your question, I have an alliance named Inimical in which I am the leader. Three, of the 27, players on my team have spent more than $50 whereas I have spent merely $10. Each of those three have already surpassed me in heroes, team power, and overall damage. It could be attributed to the fact that they play more than me, however, I am constantly on. In addition to that, one of the players joined three weeks ago compared to my three months of playing. As I said, it could be that they play more than me but I believe that is unlikely, rather, it is the fact that they have spent more. Which affords them higher level heroes sooner than a f2p individual. Just my observations and opinions.

Brian

3 Likes

I don’t think it will destroy the “enjoyment” since many f2p are well aware of the fact they’ll never be on the same level as spenders and are not willing to pay to be on that level.

I do believe making the emblems purchasable is a bad idea. I’ve said that for months now. But customers want them. The idea has been well recieved by the community.

All f2p can do is play the game with their alliance mates and achieve their own personal goals without paying much attention to the competition.

This has been coming for awhile and many players have pointed it out but either get shrugged off or debated against by both spenders and f2p.

Anyways we’ll see what happens. I just plan on killing titans, winning raids, and playin the game with my teammates until i can’t keep up since i refuse to further spend any money outside of VIP.

Even if the emblems weren’t purchasable, the gap would still grow. While spenders are progressing heros like guin, gravemaker, and kageburado, f2p/c2p will be progressing elkanens and thornes. So the growing gap is inevitable and highly encouraged across the forum.

P2w want a larger gap. F2p/c2p support that. So game will take it’s course regardless of how a select few feel.

3 Likes

Right. Not arguing that paying doesn’t give an advantage. I just don’t see what that has to do with classes. Every time any new feature is implemented, people immediately bring up how it will increase the game between spenders and f2p.

1 Like

Probably because everytime something new comes out, that’s exactly what happens. E&P will never have the balance it had in 2017 and it sucks. But eh out of our hands and i guess mobile games are supposed to become imbalanced to increase profit.

1 Like

Its clear we don’t know the frequency that these trials will appear, but did they show up in the quests screen in beta?

My assumption is that they would be run much like rare quests, but in looking at things further, that would seem to not be frequently enough get a leveled 5 star in a year, unless the drop rate elsewhere is far higher than other unfarmables.

Yes, they are basically the same as rare quests. They were a third active quest in beta, running alongside whatever two normal sequence quests were active.

1 Like

So long world energy

1 Like

Yep, f2p are going to have to make some more tough choices, spenders will just buy flasks or pay shop prices for WE so they can farm and get these trials done.

1 Like

It’s 36 WE for the full quest, so 6 hours’ worth of collection. That’s not the end of the world, but it’s going to put a LOT of pressure on completing each stage the first time you try it. There’s certainly no margin for redoing stages and still getting your chest fills.

2 Likes

Yeah, as far as WE is concerned, that’s one thing in this game, maybe the only thing, really, that you are guaranteed to get for free. At level 50 I have 42 WE when I wake up in the morning. More than enough to complete any quest. And honestly, I don’t farm nearly as much any more because at this point it just kind of feels like work. The point is, level up and you’ll never worry about WE again.

36 WE means I will not be able to keep TC2 running 24x7 unless I use some means to get more. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Looks like this conversation is about to turn into this one (which eventually evolved is a similar direction):

1 Like

How do you suggest they add any new functionality to the game without in your eyes adding advantage to spenders? Nobody actually answered me - what exactly about this class system gives a new advantage to spenders? How else could they have possibly implemented it so it’s more fair? Yes it costs world energy… like everything else in the game. This isn’t like events where you need to spend 50 world flasks to compete… anybody can do these quests.

I do spend on this game…Like most people that goes towards summons. I’ve never once bought world energy flasks and I’m willing to bet that’s true for most spenders. If anything, someone’s more likely to spend the 75 gems to continue if they die on the boss stage…

2 Likes

I was thinking about rare quests, S2, challenge events, etc.

@Zephyr1 dramatic peripherally on-topic redirect incoming!

@General_Confusion I can’t even keep TC2 running 24/7 now. Do you forego skipping chests in order to focus on on pulling backpacks?

:laughing: I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not. :thinking:

I switched to running tc2 and 3xtc11 recently, and found that the recruit piece is reasonably sustainable, even amidst other uses of WE. But I went into it with around 2000 backpacks stored up.

I’m making no effort at all to replenish backpacks as I go — I’d ideally like to burn them down. But I’m finding I’m getting more only slightly slower than I’m burning them, so it’ll likely take a very long time to burn down my stock.

I’ve been farming S2 15-8 Hard most of the time, and S1 8-7 when filling monster chests or when I want to finish off a small number of flags before bed.

Like Martha Stewart says, it’s a good thing. :wink:

I hit 8-7 for chests, and 2-1-3 normal for packs and swords (since I can auto-farm that easily). But I always run out of packs and swords and drop back to TC11 overnight. Maybe I angered the RNGods, and my pack drops have suffered?

At any event, I was not worried about 24/7 TC2 in my analysis of the impacts of class quests because it didn’t seem like a thing to me.

1 Like