Version 18 - New class feature - any input on details?

I’d rather wait until we can confirm the things that we’ve assumed carry over from beta did indeed make it into the main game. That won’t be until SG turns on Hero Classes.

4 Likes

Unless somethings change it takes about a year to max a 5* it’s about 3 months to max a 4* and about 1.5 months the time to max a 3*.

Since it’s only a 5% loss to respec emblems there is little benefit not to max your 4* and make them at least statistically closer to most 5* plus the added talent. Especially if you hav some 4* hero’s you use a lot.

While eventually 5* will get stronger it’s intentionally a grind. So initially I hope it actually bridges the gap of f2p/c2p players and p2w.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Sounds reasonable. @Kamikaze_Assassin also made a very useful spreadsheet. Maybe once the update is out y’all can post them together. Thanks to everyone who worked hard to make these materials available to non beta players! Y’all rock! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@rilf’s spreadsheet and @Mariamne’s graphic tell it all.

Notice that there are several tabs in the spreadsheet, revealing different sorts of information.

6 Likes

You’re missing the fact that these improvements are more granular than ascending tiers for normal leveling. Most of the talent nodes will improve some hero stat, be it attack, defense, HP, critical hit %, mana generation, etc. If you store up the emblems in a 4-star hero, you are wasting these incremental benefits on a 4-star hero. Those little improvements could and should be applied to a 5-star hero even if improvement is at a slower pace than it would be on a 4-star. The benefits of improving your best heroes outweighs the speed of leveling up the second tier heroes.

The general recommendation of maxing a 4-star over bringing a 5-star to 3-70 is still valid, but that was because the game made the stats of 5-star 3-70s weaker than maxed 4-stars. That will not be the case with Hero Classes. A 4-star at 70+20 will, in general, be weaker than an analogous 5-star at 80+0.

6 Likes

==Reference==

@Rilf
This is an excellent primer. Love the raw reference data. ( Hands him a cup of premium drinking chocolate ).

Note:
“Depending on the hero rarity, the talent tree is bigger”
They all appear to be 20 levels.

MY PERSONAL OPINION
However, like Hero grades this is not targeted at anyone in my alliance. So my advice to my teammates will be slightly different.

==Some classes are good==

Some classes are good, some suck, but most are okay.

If there is a 3*/ 4* hero with a similar class to a 4*/5* hero, try out the class on the lower hero first since it will take less Emblems to get 5/5 class talent. Reset tokens will let you recover Emblems used on the 3*/ 4* hero.

Note: 8/8 3* 3.50 heroes will be much easier to get with this update.

==Spending Battle items==

Given a choice between spending battle items, or 75 gems, to get a 4* ascension item or more Emblems, spend Battle items getting more emblems since they work for 1* to 5* heroes.

==Alliances that participate in War==

Winning War gives you more loot ( though only one ascension item roll ). War matching cannot be rerolled. A majority of war attackers will not have thirty 5*+20 heroes, so a war defense team of 4*+20 or 5*+20 Heroes will give you the most return on using Emblems.

If you have very good synergy on your war defense team, and you have multiples of one class, split your Emblems equally among them to get more gems, Atlantis coins, loot tickets, etc.

If you can replace a 5* hero on your war defense team, with a 4* hero, use the 4* hero since 3x 4*+20 heroes are the same number of Emblems as 1x 5*+20 heroes. Reset tokens will let you recover the Emblems used on the 4* hero team.

4*+20 are only in the 700 power range, but 5/5 class talents make them more effective than their raw stats suggest. While a 5* hero with the same number of Emblems will only have 3/5 class talents.

Defense stat is non-linear, if you have a choice, pick the talent grid path with a +Defense stat for your War defense team. For War defense heroes, also prioritize paths with +HP. This will especially help with Field Aid (WR).

==Attacking heroes==

Talents are generally less useful for attackers. But Emblems are actually more useful for attacker’s stat increase since Total Damage Output increases significantly with small increases in Defense stat and HP.

After war defense team, next biggest return on Emblem usage will be to complete Class quests. This is a classic example of rolling your profits back into your business. While spreading your Emblems among your attacking heroes will not increase their talents, it will increase their Total Damage Output making Class quests easier and costing less Battle items.

Once you have a team that can easily complete each Class quest your play style will decide where you spend your Emblems.

13 Likes

Thanks for posting all this good info!

Questions:

1. Are these skills innate, or are they active only when a special is triggered? Since I don’t see durations listed (except for wound), I’m assuming its innate, but some of these would seem to be too powerful to be always on.
  2. Something like wound - it looks like you will get a few levels of wound if I understand correctly. Does each level give you an additional 6% chance, additional damage or?
  3. What does the color coding mean on the Talent Tree page?
1 Like

just did :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. All of the talents are triggered events and they only happen X% of the time. This is different from an immunity ability, take Onatel’s immunity to blindness for example. The Monks have an X% chance of resisting status effects. They could still be affected by them if they are unlucky.

2. Yes, the % chance of triggering the talent combine. These increases in the talent ability are staggered throughout the talent node map so you won’t get to improve just the talent.

3. That was a carryover from beta. Earlier, only the 5-star heroes went up to +20 nodes. The 3-star and 4-star heroes stopped development at lower levels. They followed the same path so the only thing that was different was how far up the path they went, hence the color coding to see where each would have stopped.

1. Are these skills innate, or are they active only when a special is triggered? Since I don’t see durations listed (except for wound), I’m assuming its innate, but some of these would seem to be too powerful to be always on.

2. Something like wound - it looks like you will get a few levels of wound if I understand correctly. Does each level give you an additional 6% chance, additional damage or?

3. What does the color coding mean on the Talent Tree page?

5 Likes

How many emblems of what types from trial rewards? How often do we get trials?

1 Like

Each Trial gives 1518 Emblems for each of the two Classes in the Trial. We have no idea how frequently these trials will run. My hope is about weekly, but we have no information. There was always one running in Beta, but that was for testing purposes.

5 Likes

It’s a lot more tiers then granular.
Certain talents have a strong impact on certain hero’s. It only takes about 329 (if my memory is correct) emblems to max talent a 4* hero and give it enough stats to rival a 5*.

Whereas 329 emblems gives a 5 hero a 10% Chance to trigger i Believe

I’m going off memory so don’t shoot me however given those numbers I can max talent 5x 4* For a full team when it takes you the same time to max 1 5*.

Odds are no one is doing that but a f2p player but that was my point. The vast majority of people will be leveling a mix of 4-5* hero’s.

Wow… Guin, Zeline, Hel, and Sartana are in the same class? That’s really going to shake up defenses at the top.

2 Likes

@Rilf Would love it if you could take the time to come on over to the Wikia and add your content to the body of knowledge available over there! It’s always better to have all of our sources in one place. We’ll be sure to link to your content regardless, but it’d be great to have someone so knowledgeable lead the way in adding the new pages/content if you’re up for it.

It was 18 emblems per class in beta. The problem is that running all levels of each Trial costs 36 WE flags. It was 8 / 12 /16 WE flags for 4 / 6 / 8 emblems IIRC.

2 Likes

Did it look like you could run the trial once per spawn (like a rare quest), or as many times as you had WE for (like a challenge event)?

I remember the 4-stars still falling noticeably short of 5-star hero stats even at 70+20. They are not equals IMO. It is suspiciously like the difference in stats between a maxed 4-star and a 3-70 5-star hero. You can think of them as equivalent but one is objectively better than the other. Think of it this way, the talent part of a Hero Class has some kind of TP value. A fully developed Hero Path is worth about 100 TPs regardless of which hero is improved. If some of those TPs went towards the Talent, there’s no way the remaining stat bump will be equal to the difference in stats between 4-star and 5-star heroes.

You’re also remembering the emblem costs from 2 versions of beta ago, before SG allowed 3-star and 4-stars to develop the full node path like 5-stars do. The last version of beta had the cost to max a 4-star at half that of maxing a 5-star. 750 and 1500 emblems.

1 Like

It was once per spawn, like Gather Food and Find Recruits.

1 Like