Version 18 - New class feature - any input on details?

Thanks for noticing. Sadly, as I find out more about this class system the more I think this game just jumped the shark. I’ll give it a bit more time, but they it is implemented looks fatally flawed to me right now.

3 Likes

It’s going to be quite a while yet before we see the practical implications of this change play out. I’m basically holding off my judgement until we get a better handle on what’s happening. My read is that there’s a ton of heat on the forums right now, but very little light being cast.

2 Likes

I’m not basing this based on others opinions (which are all across the board). To me its clear this is another “let the strong get stronger and to keep up others will have to shell out a ton of cash” feature. There are enough of those already. There are other issues, but that is the biggest.

1 Like

36 WE is 6 hours worth of energy. Granted, maybe more than 36 WE is needed if multiple attempts are required to compkete all atages. But it’s not something I would point to if making a point about FTP.

1 Like

I wasn’t figuring you were, so much as commenting that I wasn’t getting anything much from the forum to inform my own opinion at present. If this does end up being basically a p2w cash grab, then I agree with you that game has probably jumped the shark.

Lets put it another way, its enough that most people can’t keep their hero factories running at capacity without purchasing more WE or using flasks. Twice a week. But that isn’t all - there is a ton of other issues associated with the implementation that favor helping the more advanced and willing to spend players. Further unbalancing game that as teetering on the edge of being too unbalanced anyway.

We will see, but as I said, from heroes classification all the to token acquisition it looks flawed.

1 Like

I think it’s awesome. Had a great, new fight today. Yes, I’ve been playing long enough to have about 15 maxed heros to choose from in those classes (Tusk and Grimm were key, BTW), but if a feature benefits those that have put in the time, so be it. I say it’s about time. Growing up, you won RPG video games by grinding through them. You got rewarded for playing and keeping up. We need more of this, not less.

1 Like

Glad you having fun with it, to me its was a yawn, other than the waste of WE.

Its Its paying to just keep up, so the gap doesn’t widen that is the issue.

I’ll make you a bet. First maxed 5 star will be in 4-5 months, and not the multiple years predicted by some. While most rest of the players will be far less than half way.

It will be a combo of them having a ton more WE available than most of us, and them paying for every offer in the shop and outside.

One or the other would be fine, allowing them to be combined…monumentally stupid.

Why is everyone convinced that people are buying these? I haven’t seen a single place to buy them, just earn them. And as far as WE, again, just play and you’ll level up. At Lvl 50 I have 42 WE. This quest cost me nothing but a some time over lunch.

That being said, the drop rates are really low so far. This is, indeed, going to take just short of forever.

That’s what I was thinking everyone is in a tissy over this new part of the game but its going to be months before we see any finished heroes, and if the chest war and quest are the only way to get them the ftp people should be very happy

1 Like

because we are running into players that already have parts of the tree leveled up. And because people have said they will when the offer shows up in their shop.

It isn’t we have already seen offers in the shop.

We have? I haven’t or I would of jumped all over it

Some have. We don’t all get the same offers at the same time. @rigs posted a screen shot of it and @Kerridoc made the comment that not all offers in the shop are offered to everyone at the same time.

Please define running at capacity. I use all my WE once in the morning, don’t touch my phone for 10 hours and then use all my energy once again at night on week days. I mostly farm 20-4 which is a poor source of recruits. Despite this, I’m running 4 TCs of very slow permenantly with the occasional lvl 2 on one of them. I imagine this isn’t good enough for you then? I have plenty of energy to spare without any refills…

To be fair I do skip events and play a bit more on weekends, but I think my point stands.

Yes, th aas t isnt an optimal setup for hero creation

Right, so what do you consider sufficient? 36 WE is somehow ruining your ability to train heroes to your heart’s content. Let’s be real… there’s so much exaggeration going on in all these threads. That said, I am actually curious what your setup is which is part of the reason I was asking.

Except at the very top where you see players with ridiculous levels (60+) and when competing in events, nobody is spending gems on world energy flasks. I can be reasonably certain of this because I’ve never used any (I have ~90 accumulated), spend less WE per day than most and still keep up just fine in terms of level pace. Not to mention, the consensus already seems to be that WE (chests) do not provide many emblems.

Most of the time WE is my limiting factor - as it impacting the farming for recruits and backpacks and swords. I use every drop of WE every day. And when special events are going on I burn flasks to make up the difference.

I run TC 1/2 24/7. I run TC 11 24/7. I run TC 20 24/7 (not optimal I know, and I may not do it for much longer) and I one TC split between 1/2 and 11. I can level up a fave star in 10 days, or as I’m doing right now 3 in 30 days. That’s if I can run all out.

Its the only way I can possibly play catch up, and it works well.

Correct, though elemental chests do. But I’m missing your point here…

1 Like

Cool. Interesting to see how people train heroes. My approach is very much slow and steady…

The point is that it’s a stretch to say that classes are P2W because people will just buy WE refills and somehow end up way ahead. Not only do chests barely provide any emblems, the amount of chests that can be completed a day is already capped and can be easily met without using WE refills. There is slightly more incentive to skip chests now, but again this is capped and easily achievable without spending.

If a large number of emblems can be purchased for gems, then indeed spenders have an edge. All I’m trying to do is make sure we keep focused on actual problems - exaggerating non-issues is counter productive.

Could you please link that.

Thank you.