Vela vs Richard (with costume)

Lol it’s difficult to see clearly see the profile picture on the phone but I knew that there was something strange with your profile pic. You looked cartoonish.

1 Like

@MD-DC, it would be embarrassing to Richard if they called it “cloud mailbox”!! I mean it’s not his fault that Yunan’s mailbox is directly at the end of his driveway?? He planned on returning it in the dark until SG outed him and now he has to pretend it’s an axe!!!

1 Like

If you’re having trouble with Kashrek, I don’t think you’re entitled to be judgemental about Richard… really… Kashrek might be scarry for an unexperienced gold and platinum raider, but any high platinum / low diamond team should have the knowledge, skill and roster to consider Kashrek easy prey.

2 Likes

More trouble with Krasshrek than Richard. Richard goes down easily. I have around 2500 - 2600 cupa. However might be my team as well - Evelyn + Kingston gets him fast.

If that’s the case, when’s the last time you faced a Kashreck tank? I’m in the same cup range and I haven’t seen Kashreck in a very very long time while raiding… I guess it’s safe to say Kashreck in diamond is as often seen as there are sharks in the desert… however, Richard as tank is not a rare sight.

4 Likes

First things first, misandra is a great hero, do not ever pick 2nd richard over her.

As for vela? She is even better. You will never regret maxing her. And as stated in a post above, she would flank LoTL very well.

Vela, misandra, richie2 would be my choice

This is so true, like 20 truths worth

Rigard and mel’s costumes are the bombs

There’s no 2nd Richard involved. All three blue heroes are unleveled. He uses a 4-70 + 18 Rigard as tank, that’s where the confusion originated most likely. Anyway, I agree, Vela would be my first choice too, but Vela works best in a blue stack or as flank / wing on defense, while if you’re looking for a tank, Richard + costume is far superior to both Vela and Misandra.

1 Like

Yeah, my bad, sorry. It was rigard.

So if you wanna go with LotL, yeah vela is still a good choice.

But richard with two versions that are practically fast (charges with 9 tiles with lvl5 mana troop, like you said), i would go with richie. Much more tough on its own and as versatile as vela.

Do you have any other green? Maybe someone who you could prefer over LotL?

1 Like

Kash as tank? No, no, no, just NO!!!

I used to think he was a strong tank… when most of my roster was composed of 3* and I had a hard time killing him. Then I pulled him myself, leveled him, took Melendor off my defense and put Kash in as tank.

I didn’t think it was humanly possible to lose so many trophies in such a short amount of time.

Kashrek? More like Trash Wreck. Just nooooooooo.

To make matters worse, not only is he nearly useless defensively at higher levels, but he’s also completely useless offensively at any level.

4 Likes

I think like you. He was my first maxed green and now i regret that choice.
I would prefer using those shields on 2nd Mel or Gaderius .
My best choice cadmon which i dont have or hansel

1 Like

Mel is useful both offensively and defensively. Kash is nice for a starter team, but doesn’t hold up well once you get up to platinum.

I did manage to pull both Gaderius and Caedmon a while back, but haven’t leveled them yet. Based on my experience fighting teams that had them, both options would be preferable to Kash (Gaderius seems like a more potent version of Kashrek).

One 4* green that actually holds up surprisingly well at tank position? Buddy. I have one, but lack the mats to final ascend him… another much lower level player on my team has a fully ascended Buddy at tank, and she’s usually above me in trophy count.

And yeah I don’t have a Hansel either. Just realized a while back that Kashrek is a very bad tank. Which is unfortunate, because for some in my alliance, he’s the only real option they have for tank (they’re eternally doomed to gold tier in the meantime, I don’t think a Kash tank team can ever hope to stay in platinum, at least not without some seriously heavy duty firepower behind him).

Lol yep since ur bringing up lotl I would use her as tank with vela flank. Better then a Richard and lotl flank.

I do have Elkanen but I do not prefer him over LotL

Caedmon was my first maxed 4* green. He is reasonably sturdy but too valuable to die first. As soon as I maxed other 4*s I used Rigard a tank Caed and Wu as a flanks, Scarlett and Triton as wings. That team took me from silver through gold to platinum. With emblems and substituting Scarlett with Colen, Now I get to stable 2200 cups. With the help of Proteus in attack mode, now and then I loot into diamond.

I’m now in need of a team that can put me into diamond. It feels like I’ll be stuck in my position for a while since it takes ages to max a 5*.

Thank you all, I have finally decided to go with Richard. For a 5* beginner like myself, I need a work horse like Richard. Having his costume makes him even more versatile. Missandra is good but I’m not impressed with her mana increase. Her mana increase will be a drop in a bucket of super slow LotL.

So richard isn’t the objectively obvious choice but i would still recommend richie

You will be impressed by misandra with more sophisticated line-ups. She is an elite hero but richie vela and misandra is the right order for your roster

1 Like

Fwiw, this is my max+7 Richard with full costume bonus.

2 Likes