Vela – 5* Ice/ Blue - January 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

Its -54% Attack not defense

6 EHT - meat
1 x 10 - meat. But I happy pulled Vela, and didn’t have Gormek.

4 Likes

Decided to try that first lucky pull I have seen here many times.

Got Gunnar.

And that’s it.

Well, at least it’s not Renfeld?

11 Likes

try 2 x for xmas event but main purpose was to get vela, no luck yet.

Is it vela good hotm?

Vela will be a good left flank for a green tank, methinks :thinking:

2 Likes

If I don’t get Vela I’m going to hunt @Petri down and raid him 73 times a day, you have been warned!

2 Likes

I want to raid @Petri 47 times because I did 47 pulls earlier today without Buddy.

Can anyone explain to me why Vela is good? I can see she is useful for red titan. Other than that, i am not sure what other areas she is good in? Perhaps a quest with many red monsters? Or a defense team with many red heroes(which isn’t a good defense team)

But i have to say her artwork is very good

1 Like

Got her, leveled her, emblemed her…she’s good
She’ll probably make it in my war def team, freeing ranger emblems from Alasie

3 Likes

Yup, to me she’s weaker sister of Zim and Zeline. These ladies at least cleanse/dispell and buff/debuff, which makes them top utility choice in every team; while all miss Vela does beside direct hit is mediocre 50 dmg per turn - and even dispellable. I think the hype is due to her being new, in a year she’ll be forgotten. Missed opportunity to introduce a counter for Gravemaker. She could be granting immunity to burn for all team or turn DOT into healing, similar to what they plan to do with JF and defense ailments. Instead she’s 5* version of Agwe.

But yeah, artwork is beautiful.

11 Likes

I think burn immunity would have just made her OP,gotta maintain that balance. I’ve seen her in a few videos this morning and she’s pretty good.

I can’t really say I’d be excited to pull Vela since I don’t really see a use for her outside of maybe titans and against people who accidentally leave their titan team on defense after fighting a green titan. I’ll be saving my pulls for next month.

I’d like to have vela. Did 2 pulls this mornin, no luck. May do a 10x pull before xmas summons ends but big maybe since zeline & kunchen are in atlantis this month and i have neither

5 Likes

I want this too…

Where did you see it?

1 Like

Went for Vela but got Sartana instead who I’ve wanted forever so i’m very pleased she’ll go great with my Panther.
Great pull for me even though I didn’t get the hotm

4 Likes

50 pulls no Vela, but Budy, Mother North and Santa, so I’m okay.

9 Likes

Shouldn’t vela read “deals 150% to all enemies.
Deals extra damage to fire enemies.
Fire enemies receive -54% attack for 4 turns.
All enemies receive 208 water damage over 4 turns.
Element link gives ice allies +10% critical chance for 10 turns.”
Or something. The order of operations is strange don’t you think? It says she does damage and then it says she does damage over time and then it says she does extra damage to fire. That seems out of order.

1 Like

What about gravemaker order?

What‘s wrong with it? As both damage skills do more damage against red heroes it‘s correct isn‘t it?

3 Likes