Vela – 5* Ice/ Blue - January 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

Got her from epic hero token, she’s pretty good, I think they debuff on red heroes is the only good quality of her tbh. The dot is pretty weak

1 Like

22 EHT and 2x10 pulls for Buddy. No dice.
Consolation prizes: Santa, Elena and 2xVela.

Very Happy, but my green titan stack still needs a ton of work.

4 Likes

Sand DoT from sand empires.

4 Likes

Did 10 EHTs for mother morth, but got buddy, rudolph and vela on 8th pull

What does “deals extra damage to fire” actually entail? How much more damage?

100% more damage (which does not mean that the hero takes 100% more damage)

Already have Santa, Buddy (and Alberich, so didn’t really need MN) … so glad Vela popped out quite early!

1 Like

I believe it should be 40% extra, as that’s been the amount for ”Extra damage against” an element since Version 1.8 in October 2017:

Hel and Athena were the only heroes with that effect at the time of the announcement, and you can see they have the same sort of line on their cards:

5 Likes

Thanks zephyr… and thanks in general for all your efforts.

5 Likes

Hey @Shohoku79

From one fellow FTP to another could I kindly suggest that you get rid of your spoiler-free philosophy because the NEXT TWO HOTM will likely rock the E&P planet and it’s better you know now than later…

2 Likes

12 EHT, Joon and 2 Velas

9 Likes

Trade you one of your duplicate Vela’s for my duplicate Grimble.

1 Like

Neverrrrrrr… Oh dear speaker of the Vanilla Milkshake Terror. One way I keep myself entertained is to not reading into spoiler material that will make me overthink about what’s coming and just take the upcoming game contents for what they are as they are released.

What’s the point of reading up about them knowing that my chances of getting them is zilch when I have my monthly Atlantis Namahage and challenge coin Dawa sessions to look forward to?

It’s much better to just see them when they are released, less headaches about what I have no power or control over any way. Can’t exactly prep for their arrival if all I am given are TC20 heroes, right?

So the next two are going to be so earth shattering that they are the HoTM of HoTM which makes all previous HoTM wallow in shame and thinking they might as well pack it in huh? Let’s see if the two after that have anything to say. They can’t all be Margarets… And even so, I couldn’t even draw a Margaret just so I can make fun of while my alliance mates have 4. /sarcasm

3 Likes

Well that’s one way to look at it.

How about prep for our departure from this game? :sweat_smile: :joy:

That is actually not a bad suggestion. I will be coming up to my 2 year anniversay of playing this game in less than two weeks. The game is certainly releasing heroes at a faster pace than I can collect them, that’s for sure. This game isn’t exactly a collector’s haven if you are playing for free and non-dupes. As an update, including costumes, I have only 11 heroes left on my roster to work on (mostly TC20 5* left, and I am still short of 5 of them because RNG has determined that it does not want me to have these 5) before I run out of heroes to work on and have to start imploding feeder heroes onto other feeder heroes, and when that happens, I am not sure how long I would keep playing.

4 Likes

I pulled several Times. Now got Magni and Vela. Not Sure Who Level first. First thought says magni but she could be nice against GM and Hotm February. What are you thoughts?

2 Likes

I really love her design!! Pulling for fast blue, yellow, 20x so far this year, nuthin of worth…

They’ve been whittling GM’s dominance for some time now, at this point he is still a great hero, but I don’t see him as fearsome anymore.

In my opinion he was very broken before, unless you had Zim you were stuck with someone like Rigard who struggled to keep up with GMs speed.

But now we have Grazul, Kingston as a solid defensive counter, and Sonya’s costume providing a fast cleanser. Unless GM is tank it’s fairly easy now to avoid taking full burn damage, where before it felt almost inevitable.

Got her by doing 1 random pull lol

Why don’t aquatic outbreak extinguish burning fire? :thinking:

9 Likes

Because JF’s fire is very special, it burns water too. Hence the overkill DOT

2 Likes