Vela – 5* Ice/ Blue - January 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

I’m another Kunchen avoider. My reasoning at the time was that I had Rigard and didn’t need a more expensive one with slow mana. Lesson no 1: never take pre-release opinions as gospel.

2 Likes

Welp, got bored, did a few single pulls, snagged vela on 15th, glad to have her and will now be on full blown “wait for February” mode. Not sure I’ll max her just yet, but she’s a contender… I’ve had an odd run of good blue heroes lately (vela, Miki, rumple, Alice) and one of them will get my scopes next… just not sure who yet and still waiting on the hopes of Ariel.

Her clothing do not look like ancient greek clothing.

1 Like

Looks more Moana-esqu

3 Likes

Useless hero imo. Does not hit hard and the specials are nothing special . So many great ice heroes that I would ascend over her

1 Like

Curious at what level you’ve gotten her to to make the claim that she’s “useless”. I’ve had heroes I have put lower than others, but I’ve yet to see a “useless” hero.

I’m curious if you even gave her a chance.

3 Likes

Does vela innate ability help her avoid minion damage?

1 Like

Yes, as well as incoming negative Minion effects:

4 Likes

got vela after 6 x 10 pulls. 1st 2 x 10 pulls nothing, so tried nxt day using christmas summon. couldn’t get mother north for 2 yrs so was running low & lucky got HOTM. going to lvl her magni feels so squishy now

DoT hero is useless before maxed.

Anyway she got A grade in Titan, Raid, Defense, Buff Booster, and Rush Attack in Anchor Grade. She also got A+ in Bloody Battle.

5 Likes

Every time I want certain hero so badly, I end up fail to pull it. Happened with Kingston, Seshat, and Mother North… And now I really want Vela (and Jean in February)… Well, I guess I will have to get prepared to be heartbroken once more

p.s I got Victor and Grazul; 0 interest but get them anyway.

1 Like

I tested her in beta , maxed no emblems .
end of the day she hits as hard as zim but the specials are no really useful , unless your hoping for a mono red stack to attack her to get utility from the elemental attack down, even then considering most fire heroes have dot I see no real benefit.
I’m defence and offence she did squat when used

4 Likes

If you got to test her out extensively in Beta, I stand corrected.

Her initial hit is as hard as zim vs non reds, hits harder vs reds, also has a dot that can be very useful at helping to kill off flanking reds, which the game seems to have plenty of… also also, great vs red titans. Vela is plenty usable but I don’t know what the rest of your roster looks like, so maybe you just couldn’t find a good fit for her, who knows.

1 Like

Didn’t get Vela but I got MN, now I consider that a win :sparkler::smiley::smiley:

12 Likes

I think a stack with her, rana, GM/JF, Jabberwock, and MN would be a interesting rainbow team. with gm tank, vela and jabber flank mother north left wing and rana right wing.

that is a video taken from youtube, but it is not mine

From my alliance mate.

I got her as well but will leave her on the bench for awhile. AoE is not my style :pensive:

1 Like

Aegir vs Vela vs Miki - what do?

• Aegir
  • Vela
  • Miki

0 voters

For reference, I’ve got 6 scopes and maxed-out Ariel + Frida + Magni + Rumplestiltskin

Happy New Year!

2 Likes

Miki serves the same purpose at 3/70 as maxed if you only want a titan hitter and aegir is not a necessary max unless you are in need of a blue tank and I have seen people using frida. All of that is to say that with your current line up I think vela will fit in best.

2 Likes