Vela – 5* Ice/ Blue - January 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

Why don’t aquatic outbreak extinguish burning fire? :thinking:

9 Likes

Because JF’s fire is very special, it burns water too. Hence the overkill DOT

2 Likes

Just got mine! Ive been wanting her since her info leaked. Needed so much an icy hitter.

Also I’ve recorded the pull if you wanna check:

I was aiming her or mother north, also maybe Buddy since I hadn’t him yet. Grimm was the only classic 4* that I didn’t had too! I was great. My pulls normally are garbage so I may say that I am a lot happy :slight_smile:

Thank you hope to see you there x

10 Likes

My mama’s name is Vera, also… somewhat the similarity made me a little emotional about this character :')

She is now my favorite because of that :') :heart:

4 Likes

I got her, is she good ? And which ways

And y water damage lesser compare to @zephyr1 photo ? @zephyr1 take a look

Congrats! :slightly_smiling_face:

Damage Over Time (DoT) amounts scale with the base Attack stat of the Hero, so the amount increases as you level the Hero.

For more information about that, this guide goes into full detail: Understanding DoT (Damage over Time)

8 Likes

Thanks @zephyr1 for quick reply

3 Likes

I’m really interested in picking her up… I’ve just got so many blue heroes waiting for telescopes. Literally only have 2 blue heroes maxed out of like 6 waiting. Still, I’ve been trying to get all the HotM heroes just out of principle. So far, been lucky, only kingston I tried and didnt get so far.

Curious to see where Vela fits in on teams though. A blue DOT hero is intriguing however and needed.

1 Like

save 4 hero tokens and all i got were all 3 stars heroes… i really like Vela design. I want her so bad because my current 5* blue hero is only Thorne… I’m F2P btw

I think I saw samwere in the comments that Small giant have missed a great opportunity to level up the plain field a bit with her. I kind of agree she would of be a top hero if with these stats she had the ability to cleanse ONLY the burn DOT from the fire heroes. If such cleanse were there I would really go for her hard and give her my precious scopes, Now I will go cassual and do some pulls on the upcoming event and Atlantis. If I happened to get her she will be stuck on 3/70 probably for good.

4 Likes

I made this mistake with Kunchen. I believed Kunchen to just be a “glorified Rigard” and didnt try for him.

Now, literally 40% of the raids I get have him as a tank, and hes annoying for me to face.

I really screwed up. Now I try to at least get every hero of the month, even if I don’t immediately plan on leveling them up or see their potential at first.

8 Likes

I just used her for fun in raids although I haven’t got enough recruit-material to power level her (the ascension ones are already mine). She’s at 2/something at the moment. My raid team with her was

Richard+14 - Frida - Finley - Grimm+20 and the beautiful, best looking, Vela (2/something)

And what should I say? She was good and fun to play with. Surely, she was flanked by a wonderful, nearly perfect mono blue team. But she’s got her kills, thanks for the dot!

She’s a great hero and for me, who hasn’t got the luck to have Isarnia, a very important AoE-attacker. I will level her to 4/80 for sure. The scopes are already here for her. I just have to be patient to level her up. Like always. :sweat_smile:

I love her!

6 Likes

I will say, she is rather easy on the eyes. It makes the grind of leveling her up not so bad. Not sure I’m convinced to give her scopes but I’ll bring her up to 3-70 for now. Anybody max her yet?

PS - I’m surprised that there have been zero comments in this thread regarding her underwear / tucked in shirt. After the giant controversy over Zeline, I thought this was sure to pop up again :joy: :wink: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I have Isarnia at 3/70 and now Vela… i have 6 scopes waiting to be allocated but not sure who will get them. I really struggle to think of slow heroes more worthy than fast heroes… with mana troops Vela is going to fire many more times than Isarnia. Will get Vela to 3/70 then make a decision…

That’s a rule for artists at SG. If you don’t give her cleavage, you gotta have her clothes open somewhere.

6 Likes

I wonder why they can’t do that for Mother North.

A lot of modern game care more about aesthetic than functionality… Who would wear plate armor like Elena (no costume)?

I like Vela cool hair better than torn trousers.

3 Likes

The sexiness of some of the characters is fine to me, but the almost ubiquitous large breasts/cleavage is kind of insulting. If you were targeting teenage boys fine, but this is a casual game that skews towards an older audience. It’s OK to have some sexy characters and some warrior types, not everyone needs gratuitous cleavage.

4 Likes

Fortunately, Vela is fine compared to Isarnia who even use that kind of clothing in snow…

3 Likes

I’ve updated the Status Effects guide with Vela’s water damage.

Note that it stacks with all other existing DoT in the game.

@zephyr1 has linked @littleKAF’s excellent guide on DoT already :slight_smile: See the link in this post for more information on how DoT works

15 Likes

A player sent me a couple right after she maxed her and put 11 nodes on. Good support hero.

3 Likes