🎃 Vanda - 5* Fire/ Red from Return to Morlovia (Halloween) (NEW)

She has seemed fine on defense for me fwiw. However, I run a defense where everyone fires in 7 or less tiles, but I think that she complicates things for the attacker.

The hit isn’t the greatest, but depending on how often she fires, she can really nullify a lot on defense (beyond Telly, she stops blinds, def down, all DoT, att down, etc). If you’re attacking, you’re forced to just use your special for damage (a bad deal if you have JF or Vela with you) or wait her out for two turns if there’s no dispellers and then hope she doesn’t fire again.

She also takes your heal, so waiting her out and staying alive becomes an issue (the heal is a big deal; she gets almost 1300 on a BT heal if 5 are on the board).

If she’s in a fast defense that can pressure an attacker on a bad/mediocre board, I would argue she could excel because she can help force attackers to do things they don’t want to do, which I think is what a good defense does.

On attack, timed right, she completely nullifies Telluria and Vela. I actually fire tiles into those two if she’s up, let them tap me for about 130 points combined damage, and then finish them. So I think she’s worth taking in case they, or any other DoT reliant heroes, fire (and she sucks a ton of health off Heimdall’s heal).

3 Likes

I decided to work on her anyway since I miss anyone with debuff protection other than Gato and have mana troop Lv17 ready for her. I think she’ll fit better in my team then QoH currently. Plus, at low Diamond I still meet teams with either two healers, Telluria, or heavily relying on debuffs (or all of the above at once). I find she’s worth taking for just one healer, and she is the perfect response against Kunchen: you heal all the team? Well, more than half of healing is mine now. Debuff defense? Nope, team resists it now. Cleanse? Well, it happens after healing, those debuffs last two turns anyway, and she is very fast to put them back in no time.

Though really, my main reason is that I used Victor in attack team ever since. Not even Clarissa could push him out. Only when I got Kage I put Victor out, and I miss his heal stealing skill. Therefore that’s why Vanda. Also, those two will pair nicely.

Also, I realize that despite being very fast, she’ll be still very useful in Rush Tournament. Faster heroes = more opportunities to steal healing and on defense this potentially means much bigger pressure to put off healing and thus more mana lost.

Here’s vanda +20 on defense. Personally I feel she is scarrier to face than grazul, because she can mess up ur healing timing and cast ailments timing.

9 Likes

She is also a Very Fast Sorcerer with AoE attack. That means good chance for someone getting their mana slowed down is she is fully talented, like it happened to GM. That’s worth considering.

3 Likes

3 Likes

This is my 5* fire heroes… i still have at 3/70 marjana noor and elena. You think Vanda worth my 6 rings?

1 Like

Compared to Noor, Elena and Marjana. I think yes, unless you really need red sniper (then Marj).

4 Likes

I think same… need for red sniper… i will wait hopefully some better red from S3 will come… or marjana costume

1 Like

How much ring do you have?
1 sniper in each color is essential as they are the backbone of offense team.

Keep 6 rings reserved for sniper. If u have excessive rings then u might use it to vanda (but since vanda and grazul almost the same ability, u might won’t feel much differences).

Vanda can wait her turn after u max red sniper first.

3 Likes

I have 5 rings… Marjana just arrived ( in same time with Vanda) from hero academy ( it was only one not received from summons or TC20). MY first red was Grazul. So thank you for advise… I do need a red sniper.

1 Like

3 Likes

Got her. Not really excited as I have Grazul and Garnet already. And i only have 6 Rings left.

I might bench her for quite awhile first until I didn’t find a good Red Hero to lvl up and have 12 Rings.

But still quite happy to get her.

3 Likes

Francine was my main target, but even if i have a +20 Grazul and +20 BK, i’m going to emblem her too as my sorcerers are all 4 and 3 stars.

4 Likes

Is it me or was Vanda almost I impossible to take out in the Morlovia event? I hope she performs just as well for me! :wink:

3 Likes

Really enjoying her more than I thought. I like her more than grazul due to her healing steal. Makes it so Telly or any other tank doesn’t gain enough health to get out of the tile killing range. She does her job well enough at 3.70 that I’m not sure if she will get rings right away however.

3 Likes

This is my defense team til i get a better tank, i have a Richard with costume, but he’s not so strong, plus, i have to use paladin emblems, just like Clarissa, i prefer to give her than use on him, anyway, since i finished Vanda, she’s playing as flank beside Clarissa, my team seems to be a bit stronger than before, i’m gaining more trophies without make anything, i still need to finish my troops and still need a green and blue mana troops, but let’s wait. I’m using her against Telluria, she’s absolutely brilliant, i’m very satisfied with this hero

4 Likes

@Nicu_braty I’d be reluctant to max non-costume Marj over Vanda. I have both, and noticed the following disparity as I was levelling Vanda. :frowning:

Note: If Costume Marj keeps her elemental defence down, I’d max Costume Marj over Vanda.

Rumors about Marjana with costume that she will have on special skill -54% defense to target and nearby enemies
But I face Vanda in raids and she is difficult to kill… actually i did not manage to kill her…sooo… since i do not have marjana with costume… i will wait, get both at 3/70 and wait… for rings and/ or other best red

2 Likes

Myztero finally has a use. Satisfying to see that vampire getting her health drained by him. Although timing is still important because of her ailment shield

I think they just tried to make her queen amidala but with a bat theme and then gave her darker versions of Victor’s eyebrows. Her expression looks like she walked in on a surprise party she already knew about but is pretending to still be surprised

1 Like

Cookie Settings