šŸŽƒ Vanda - 5* Fire/ Red from Return to Morlovia (Halloween)

Fwiw, she does what sheā€™s designed to do quite well on attack. I have her with Mana troop so that she fires in six tiles, and if you can keep her going, she makes life a lot easier against the G(JF)TV teams.

That said, she has to charge before them in order to really be useful, which is board dependent, but if timed right, she can more than hold her own (and donā€™t discount the heal; she had her special active for me against a BT tank earlier tonight and healed back almost 1300 HP because she took from all 5 of the enemy).

2 Likes

These are my maxed reds and my options. Six rings so I want to ascend. Although I need some firepower, Vanda is my clear favorite. Just want to quickly reassure if I miss something as she is still new and we all know that these rings are hard to get ā€¦

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a great defense despite of Vanda and itā€™s strange for me to hear that you had no problem with it. Not that I doubt it, just saying itā€™s strange for me because I would have a problem with it every time, unless the board was very favorable.

What was your team?

For raids against Telluria tanks I always use Ariel, Mitsuko, C. Boldtusk, Zimkitha, and Marjana. I win over 90% against Telly teams like this. Iā€™d say Vanda was worse as a Telly flank than Vela isā€¦and Vela isnā€™t great these days.

As a follow up to this I faced her as a flank in a raid today. She hit for what I was expecting but one thing was noticeable was that after Finley hit and my team had defence down, her hit was for 250 per hero.

That said, from facing her so far, I think the attack is most of the time too low to be much of a factor though it can be high in the right situation.

The main problem was the heal steal however at 2 turns I was able to time it so that she didnā€™t steal anything but itā€™s enough to make you change strategy and in another raid it may have been different.

So far, seems like she is an okay flank and in the right team could be effective, but probably not going to be a top flank in defence. I may be wrong as itā€™s only a small sample but I think she will continue to be a mainly offence orientated hero

7 Likes

She is now 3/70 here, with 23lvl mana troop she will fire with 6 red stones. Already using her instead of full azlar

She doesnā€™t need level 23 mana troops. 11 is fine if you have it.

5 Likes

I know, but i have them already on 23 haha. Dont have second on 11 yet

1 Like

I am most likely going to ascend her ahead of Tyr. She could replace my QoH because of her status protection and that heal steal would be also useful against Kunchen and the like. Plus she has high stats.

1 Like

Mine is 4.71 now, will have her at max level by tomorrow noon roughly and then pump some emblems into her. On offense, paired with BK and costumed Magni, her damage is relevant. She has good stats, so I will go some attack nodes indeed. I really like her, and her special looks cool. Will put her in my war defense tomorrow as well replacing ursena in flank position: seshat+19 cmagni+18 telly+18 vanda+x cjoon+16. hope it works somehowā€¦

1 Like

I maxed my Grazul a month or 2 ago and loving it, when she goes off, with mana lvl 11 only 6 tiles, i can freely cascade my tiles with no worries.

2 Likes

Iā€™d advise experimenting with her a bit longer to test against the current meta.

Potentially, she is better than even Gravemaker, as she deals more direct damage, and her heal steal could be higher than GMā€™s DoT and personally, I consider heal steal just another form of damage.

However, most teams I face nowadays either use Telluria/Heimdall tanks as the sole healer or donā€™t use a healer at all, which means one of her top features becomes useless, as the tank usually goes down before she fires. Sheā€™s still a very useful hero but is it worth it to you only for her low damage and short protection?

On a related note, I"m very intrigued by her idea as a tank and Iā€™d love to hear more from people that have used her in such a way.

1 Like

She has seemed fine on defense for me fwiw. However, I run a defense where everyone fires in 7 or less tiles, but I think that she complicates things for the attacker.

The hit isnā€™t the greatest, but depending on how often she fires, she can really nullify a lot on defense (beyond Telly, she stops blinds, def down, all DoT, att down, etc). If youā€™re attacking, youā€™re forced to just use your special for damage (a bad deal if you have JF or Vela with you) or wait her out for two turns if thereā€™s no dispellers and then hope she doesnā€™t fire again.

She also takes your heal, so waiting her out and staying alive becomes an issue (the heal is a big deal; she gets almost 1300 on a BT heal if 5 are on the board).

If sheā€™s in a fast defense that can pressure an attacker on a bad/mediocre board, I would argue she could excel because she can help force attackers to do things they donā€™t want to do, which I think is what a good defense does.

On attack, timed right, she completely nullifies Telluria and Vela. I actually fire tiles into those two if sheā€™s up, let them tap me for about 130 points combined damage, and then finish them. So I think sheā€™s worth taking in case they, or any other DoT reliant heroes, fire (and she sucks a ton of health off Heimdallā€™s heal).

4 Likes

I decided to work on her anyway since I miss anyone with debuff protection other than Gato and have mana troop Lv17 ready for her. I think sheā€™ll fit better in my team then QoH currently. Plus, at low Diamond I still meet teams with either two healers, Telluria, or heavily relying on debuffs (or all of the above at once). I find sheā€™s worth taking for just one healer, and she is the perfect response against Kunchen: you heal all the team? Well, more than half of healing is mine now. Debuff defense? Nope, team resists it now. Cleanse? Well, it happens after healing, those debuffs last two turns anyway, and she is very fast to put them back in no time.

Though really, my main reason is that I used Victor in attack team ever since. Not even Clarissa could push him out. Only when I got Kage I put Victor out, and I miss his heal stealing skill. Therefore thatā€™s why Vanda. Also, those two will pair nicely.

Also, I realize that despite being very fast, sheā€™ll be still very useful in Rush Tournament. Faster heroes = more opportunities to steal healing and on defense this potentially means much bigger pressure to put off healing and thus more mana lost.

1 Like

Hereā€™s vanda +20 on defense. Personally I feel she is scarrier to face than grazul, because she can mess up ur healing timing and cast ailments timing.

10 Likes

She is also a Very Fast Sorcerer with AoE attack. That means good chance for someone getting their mana slowed down is she is fully talented, like it happened to GM. Thatā€™s worth considering.

3 Likes

Empiresāš”ļø_2020-11-01-10-13-12

3 Likes

This is my 5* fire heroesā€¦ i still have at 3/70 marjana noor and elena. You think Vanda worth my 6 rings?

1 Like

Compared to Noor, Elena and Marjana. I think yes, unless you really need red sniper (then Marj).

4 Likes