Valhalla coins already replaced

I don’t understand why this is a bad thing. Time to move on.

1 Like

The reason it being a bad thing is that basically f2p players cannot make Valhalla pulls anymore. Not to mention Atlantis. I still dont get how it would hurt the company to provide all coins in loot.

8 Likes

Cmon SG dont be so greedy
you should keep giving players Atanlantis & valhalla in addition to S4 coins
its not like we are getting lot of coins we are talking about 1-5 coins for a rare titan / wanted missions
i usually need 2 months if not more to collect 100 coins

giving players 5 atlantis+5 valhalla+ 5 S4 coins for a rare titans or a war chest isnt a big loss for you

4 Likes

Nope. That’s pretty much exactly what I said before.

My complaint is communication and how awful VF is. I didn’t object to the change in coins — but I did think it was worth mentioning.

And as a former software developer, yes, I expect them to communicate changes. They had at least 3 different announcements they could have put this in (various S4 ones or the v36 change log).

4 Likes

:rage:

Yeah, cool. What, you got 50 Underwild coins? Nice! Switcheroo, now we’re on Season 5.

Don’t worry, you can still get Underwild coins from buying the Underwear Pack, or by farming for Skidmarks in the Wildly provinces. You have a 1% chance of a 10% chance of them appearing in normal mods, and when they appear, you have a 2.5% chance to get Underroo coins from them.

2 Likes

Sounds like an opportune time to plug my idea! :laughing:

More seriously, the issue was easily anticipated but not something many people seem to care for. Still trying to get this noticed!

4 Likes

TGW,. I am not surprised you and Zathrus are singing from the same Hymn sheet. That’s okay. What’s not okay is your aggressive tone towards people who don’t share your view. I am very happy with the new set up and pulled Lepiota with my first 100 coins.

Again, where are you getting any indication of displeasure at “the setup” from me? I said they should have communicated.

That you think I’m complaining about it is entirely on you.

I’d rather appreciate getting 5-10 s4 coins than singular s2 and s3 coins… Buff their amount !

Sorry but “reward” of one or two coins in chests and so forth when 100 is needed for a pull is outrageous. If pulls cost 10 that would be fair and appreciated but they don’t.
Last time in AR i managed to do a SINGLE pull.

At this point I’m leaving previous seasons behind. I always had back luck with them anyway.

That explains a lot.
Someone who has gotten heroes from season 2, 3 and now 4 (so fast) is unlikely to empathize with those who were not so lucky.

Believe me, playing season 4 with Heroes of season 1 is still not so much fun.

Knowing that you no longer have a chance of getting heroes from season 2 and 3 is not fun.

The problem is the low probability of getting coins together with the low probability of getting heroes. The game progresses to season 4 and no matter how long you play, you will always play with the Heroes of season 1.

SG should make a single coin for all Season 2 and 3 coins, events and costumes.

2 Likes

You cant realistically complain about bad loot and then not complete the season, which is rewarded with free pulls and rare ascension items! Get grinding, it’s only your own fault if the pulls are less relevant by the time you’ve got around to them

Why would anyone want Valhalla coins instead of Underwild? (of course, a roll for both would be awesome, but heartily unrealistic)

So you missed out on some heroes you wanted? That miracle 100-coin Alfrike freebie was just around the corner…? Now rejoice…you can obtain the very same level of disappointment believing your new shiny trinkets will get you Elizabeth…
Huzzahhhhh!!!

Lower your expectations people, love the ones you’re with; embrace the dawn of season 4 and the terrible frustrations within.

3 Likes

I for one would want Valhalla coins :slight_smile: still missing 6/10 of the Valhalla 4*s and also Grevle. Would like a few more tries at them - if I don’t get them, fine. If I do, great.

There was a bigger gap between Atlantis and Valhalla, which I appreciated - gave me a few more tries, got me Danzaburo. Would have been nice to have the same number of chances in Valhalla.

1 Like

I hear you, but we’re on Zynga time now… chooo choooooooo!

1 Like

Pot meet kettle.

/conversation

6 Likes

OK! I am getting more than 2xcoins, but that is beside the point. The coin drops and the sea dragons would have got me to 100 coins faster…gnomes drop so few coins that without the reward coins Valhalla is now dead for me without paid pulls. So I get 1 free Atlantis pull a month and tge rest will be season 4.

Btw opinions of the new season, the non-communication and speed in the coin drop change are actually unrelated.

It is possible to like one and hate the other. I respectfully suggest you dial down the personal attacks/ attitude in your posts in this forum.

6 Likes

You focus too much on legendaries and forget about epics.
When i pull, knowing my chance are slim, most of all i look at the epics/rare avalaible in the portal that could improve part of my gaming experience.

Mack, Zila Lei or Tettukh could even be good heroes, but for a F2P a Proteus, Wilbur, Almur or Jott are much more useful, as they cover key roles pretty much avalaible only by much more difficult heroes to have.

Probably we will see some other good epics in the future even on S4, but for now, only legendaries are worth to pull.
All the others are good but not key heroes.

Much better to invest where you have realistically chance to get something special.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how you can surmise that I’ve focussed on 5* and forgotten about the others, when I’ve only used one flippant example to portray exaggerated expectations.

On the contrary, I see 3-4*s as an integral part of the game, especially for those who want to get the most out of tourneys and are not heavy spenders.

I’ll certainly concur with the likes of your 4*s above being excellent examples of sought-after heroes, but they are not game-breaking or success-defining. If you’ve gone through the full grind of S2 and S3, saved your tickets and energy flasks for AR and VF, and still after maximising the full potential of each portal, come up short on those 4’*s, that’s bad luck. And I mean that with sympathy.

S4 3-4*s are mostly decent, and the odds in the portal are weighted heavily in your favour of getting them. I agree that it’s better to save up for something you really want, but the odds are usually far lower, meaning that even if there was the same bad chance of Valhalla coins appearing in chests, the same bad chance of your seasonal hero popping up.

1 Like

Responding on that.
That’s why.

I would summarize it in: “Realistic expectations dictated by odds”.

So you mean Valhalla forever isn’t actually “forever”? Lol

(Insert obligatory and repetitive reference to how glad I am that I’ve left for good)

1 Like