🩅 VĂ€inĂ€möinen – 5* Nature / Green from Legends of Kalevala

Don’t forget that these heroes are from a seasonal event, where you can summon them with EHT.

We all know the policy of SGG - the best heroes are in the most paywalled events.

Having said that, this guy is powerful enough for a seasonal event. If he was released in a regular event he would definitely have at least 300% hit. Blind to all at fast speed is very good perk. Better than some may think.

2 Likes

Really? Frigg is much better IMO.

1 Like

The defense down certainly helps. But that varies depending on how many green tiles are on the board. It would have helped if I had mentioned that my alliance uses green tanks, and that I sometimes use Finley on defense.

But yeah, just looking at the defense stat, Vainamoinen seems like an option.

You undererstimate him. Frigg is a good defender but not tank material.

Also there more are counters to defense down, there are no direct counters to blind especially if it becomes undispellable for 5 turns it is effectivly a dodge.

To play around this you don’t take red. Which is exactly the purpose of him.

Yea seems like it, but unfortunately since my alliance doesn’t run green tanks I wouldn’t benefit that much from his value at that position.

Yeah, wasn’t thinking tank here. This guy is probably a better tank than Frigg is
but at least Frigg is guaranteed to hit all.

Thoughts on this guy? Just got to 3/70, worth mats and LB? Who has been using him?

1 Like

He is great for his blind utility!
Works great together if you combine him with a dodge hero (C. Kadilen, Bastet, Hanitra, Margaret).

I would recommend him for mats
 Only other hit 3 greens, who would go before him, are El Nadahha and Gan-Yu, if you build around minions

Kalevala fish frog is more of a selfish hero, who could work well on his own or with fiends and Quenell is pure dmg without real utility and best used for challenge events.

Green Gandalf is very solid everywhere. Did I mention bloody battle also :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ok pulled the trigger, now for emblems. Do I go defense and make him tanky (looks like he can get over 1k on defense) or go straight up attack?

1 Like

I went attack with mine. I like him a lot.

2 Likes

Did you go attack>def>health?

1 Like

I use def health as a war tank

Yes, I did. Sorry for taking long to reply.

2 Likes

Need to LB my next green and has only been considering Quinel and Toxicandra, but this guys looks very good too
. Even Hatter?

I have Quenell broken too. She hits harder, while he has a good passive and gives miss to all. Both are great options, I suppose it depends on who do you enjoy using more.

2 Likes

Lol I still can’t decide on emblem path. Paralysis by analysis! Get D to 1000 make him tank worthy, or Attack to 950 and put him on flank. I plan to pair with Bastet (current war tank - no color requirements). Hopefully that adds up to a lot of misses.

Anyone still using him? Quite difficult to find a use for him since I already have PeriDOT, who does nearly the same at comparable speed

I still use him a lot. I guess it depends on your roster set up but I do with Ma’at and Archie. If they go off, it’s a win 98% or f the time. Depends on the defenses also which is captain obvious

Just pulled this guy. The comparison to Dr. Moreau is pretty fair, and while I use him a lot
I’m very deep in Green as opposed to Purple so I’m trying to see the value other than depth.

1 Like

I have from last year and is a staple on my 3/2 and mono teams. Like the fact he blinds all rather then just 3

2 Likes