V46: new Starter Items

The version 46 release notes include the following line

Starter Items

• Limited testing of new single-use items designed for first-time players

What are these new items?
Before they’re released, what do you think they’ll be?
Does this make any of you want to create an alt to see these new items in action?

My guess is new folks will get some tomes to help speed up their early game. Maybe a few more EHT/gems to move them along.

6 Likes

Finally yay had another quit. Maybe this will help.

I think legendary tokens for a guaranteed 5* summon. That would speed up the new-comers.

A couple of these?

420% value!

19 Likes

What for? To have a 5* hero you are not able to use for at least 6 months?

If this are considered items, I would say something like:

• a token to speed up buildings
  • free re-rolls at PvP battles
  • endless WE for around 1-2 hours

Something that could be really useful at the beginning.

4 Likes

No. I won’t bother to create an alternate account to find out.

I hope those new players will get useful info on how to use those “newbie” boosters cos I still remember how confused I was in my early days.

It’s good that SGG has finally acknowledged this problem and is working on keeping more newbies.

It also indicates that their metrics are not as positive as they used to be. Otherwise they wouldn’t bother with this initiative.

6 Likes

I have absolutely no issues giving new starters a pile of EHT, a stronghold boost, 6 months free VIP etc etc to get them into it.

We need fresh blood and just because I did the hard slog doesn’t mean others will now if we are that far ahead to be absolutely off putting to a new player.

14 Likes

What this game needs to get rid of is the ridiculous time it takes to upgrade facilities.

Anyone starting this game now is going to get bored pretty quick because wont be able to do anything for a long time unless money keeps hitting the till.
I think it takes about a year or so to get stronghold to level 20… absolutely ridiculous.

2 Likes

I kind of disagree. The hard development we went through in year one to two is what made us stronger, better, more determined and focused players as we progressed! Easy is not as rewarding as the hard work development achieved.

I was actually helping a new player yesterday with his level 6 account and 6 hero roaster and our experienced tile selection burned through it like butter! lol

There’s a “new starter” offer in Puzzle Combat which grants a special type of “EHT” which guarantees a Legendary Hero…

I’ve confirmed with staff that it’s real and it’s only an item offered to New Players…

So maybe something like that?

12 Likes

Thx @Guvnor for the information

I especially loved the tutorial that omits every single piece of useful information and literally gives damaging advice such as “go ahead and level up this 1* hero with 5 off color feeders,” “use your special skills randomly as soon as your heroes are charged” or “this hero who hasn’t taken any damage needs healing, give him a potion!”

4 Likes

Holy Poison Spike Pit Trap

Unless an alt account ( which is not supported by TZS ), this will point newbies to leveling 5* heroes before creating a foundation of 3* / 4* heroes and finding an alliance that fits their play style

In my opinion, this is the most harmful monetization idea I have ever seen in years of freemium crap

FIN

5 Likes

Yeah a free 5* right off the bat is aimed at enticing new players to spend on mats and items to level that hero, all at the expense of creating a solid 3*/4* foundation. It could just lead to more players starting and giving up faster, like after weeks (or days) instead of months.

Plus the free 5* will be one of the S1’s.

What would help newbies is free food/iron bundles.

1 Like

Why would players starting now get bored any quicker than players starting a couple years ago?

1 Like

I suppose that if you got the right one (Marj, Vivica, Magni), you could level it to 2/60 and use it more or less like a 3* 3/50 hero, but probably not the best way to play.

Very off putting I’m sad at how many quit after 6 months of seeing they got … junk…

I’m happy for this and hope it helps them.

Too big a gap… go to a training alliance… watch them quit like crazy …

Usually around the 6month mark …… :cry:

1 Like

New players should stay away from this money pit. There are many games out there that’ll give you exponentially more satisfaction per dollar spent.

2 Likes

I second that. Playing one now. Minimal spend (compared to this game) => a decent enough roster with 2x 5*.