[SOLVED - V28 UPDATE] Onatel -- Cleric Manashield can trigger under Onatel ailment, Poseidon buff resists existing Onatel ailment

Is it a bug or will it always be like this now?

4 Likes

If the talent activate which is the case I think yes… Working as intended…
If the talent isn’t active no they shouldn’t that’s how I think it’s suppose to work.

I have noticed this too…

I’ve moved your thread to #bugs-issues to seek some clarification.

@Petri or @KiraSG?

2 Likes

Essentially what is happening now is that a cleric affected by Onatel’s special, the cleric is now able to “mana-shield” the mana steal from Onatel…

Not just the initial cast but each tile that strikes the cleric now has the chance of triggering the “mana-shield”

2 Likes

20200221_121740
The talent has activated which prevents status effects that prevent mana generation. Working perfectly

It didn’t use to do this.

It used to only have the chance of triggering on initial cast.

Now it has the chance to trigger on every opportunity that the cleric has to gain mana… Every tile. Every turn etc…

It’s not working the same as before… It’s definitely changed since V27.

1 Like

That’s the way I think it work’s.
Onatel ailment works on mana steal so each time she has a chance to steal mana theres a chance for mana shield activate from class description itself.

Again, it never used to be like that…

It’s changed since V27 update.

3 Likes

Well I don’t have Onatel wasn’t aware of that.
Imo she now works as intended.
But release notes said nothing.
SG should clarify this.

1 Like

For clarification.

Previously:
Mana-shield only had a chance for triggering on INITIAL cast

Now:
Mana-shield has the chance to trigger not just on initial cast but also on every single mana generation point. Every tile has the chance. End of each turn has the chance. Alberich or misandra special has the chance to trigger…

3 Likes

has the chance to trigger… What?

If the enemy team has an alberich or misandra their special includes a passive mana generation for their team… Normally Onatel would insta steal some/ all of this but since the update a cleric can mana-shield to prevent that too.

Ok. Is it official now? Goodbye Onatel… :sneezing_face: :sneezing_face: :sneezing_face:

No I’m still waiting for clarification of it its intended or not haha.

Just was highlighting what is happening now.

Edit: would you seriously ditch Onatel purely cause ONE class has a CHANCE of it blocking a SINGLE mana steal…?

2 Likes

It’s a joke, but in this class there are resuscitators and doctors and its benefits are greatly reduced!

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

At what node of the emblem tree would this cleric be? I suppose the higher up, the higher the chance, but shouldn’t just trigger quite often at the lower nodes.

He took revenge, it worked 2 of 4 at Elkanen :frowning_face:

1 Like

Well, I suppose we should seek and get good clarifications on this before drawing any wrong conclusion.

Well at that emblem level, cleric has 14% chance to proc mana shield…