V26 blocked players in chat. Answered in post 4, 41 by staff

And exactly how many of those players exist??
So far we’ve heard from 1 out of millions or however many players there are these days

It’s not that it’s 1 person or a million who posted on the forum, it’s that it’s weird and creepy that someone can track you. You don’t know how many reports they received of this issue anyway.

3 Likes

I do think alliance leaders should be able to perma-ban somebody. And I don’t think you should be able to stalk players on your block list. So I think this was a good change, they can now just add a permanent-remove function so leaders can kick somebody and never worry about them again.

7 Likes

Idk

Think too many outside voices pipin up that just don’t get it

I’m probly one of em since i don’t track blocked players(think only players i block are in AR to weed out the stupidity lol)

Anyways I’ll bow out of the thread, you guys have fun

Would say I’d like to not see anyone thinkin this is a good idea ever be in Saders

But good ol devs have done away with that pipedream…

2 Likes

Every person I’ve blocked has successfully ceased to annoy me. Unfortunately I don’t have the crayons or the time to draw you a picture showing you why the ability to stalk players on your block list was a bad feature in the first place.

2 Likes

You and crew are family you kinda pick yah soldiers! Some people ain’t as lucky! I’m all for if someone being a knob jockey yah get the boot! Simple!
If they are problem from the start it’s got to send alarm bells off! Just kick them!

Okay. We are starting to veer into the uncivil area. Please remain civil, on topic, and within forum rules.

5 Likes

My question is why does block mean track? You block someone so you don’t see comments you don’t want to see. Let that be the end of it. This whole thing seems way overblown.

I’ve been in dozens of alliances because that is what make me happy, and I have never heard people complain about people coming in with different names to terrorize the rest of the alliance.

It might happen periodically but reading some of these posts about tracking people so you can disparage them in your alliance and possibly other alliances seems way off the mark. I am more inclined to agree with the devs after hearing how people demonize other players and track them because they feel wronged by that player.

9 Likes

What if you did nothing wrong you leave the ally on good terms then before you know it there is a smear cam about you?

1 Like

Surley if you blokc a player from an alliance it should be based on their account number, not name?

Kicked player would have to start a new account and rank up to meet alliance entry requirements before they could re-enter. Keep your alliance requirements high to minimise.

No need for that

If they don’t like what they read or what someone says about them in front of anyone they might know, they can just block and problem solved right?

If they can’t read what is said then it can’t do any harm, i mean isn’t that where they stand on this debate?

A player that has harassed me in game and has been banned from a ton of alliances for abusive behavior that was tracked with the block method (due to many name changes to get back into alliances) is now bragging he can change his name and fool us all. I do not feel safe because he can literally change his name and apply anywhere now to abuse more players. Why are people like this allowed to be in the game?

4 Likes

In a situation like this, you should contact SGG and have them handle it. However, if the harassment is on a third party app, like Facebook or WhatsApp, staff from those apps should be contacted.

1 Like

If that actually worked, you wouldn’t see people using the block tool the way they were

Common sense says that was their 1st step before just blocking and keepin tabs

Automated “thanks for your report, we’re looking into it” messages really don’t help anyone with anything. Period. Customer support has always been subpar in this game regardless of what the concern is

Now unlike you, that couldn’t give any quotes or links of anyone that had issue with the previous way the block system worked

I’m positive i can find numerous links and quotes to directly show flaws in the report feature and the customer service in this game(believe entire threads have been devoted to it actually)

4 Likes

So how does your “boss” do this if the player has changed their name but they can’t see that, or what the new name is?

If I cause drama in my alliance and leave. The leader may block me and say “don’t let Cupcake back in”. But if I change my name to Frank, I can send a request and it’s very likely that I’ll be accepted back. Frank is not on the ‘no fly’ list.

Previously, the leader could say, ‘Cupcake changed her name to Frank. Don’t let either of them in.’

Much like Rigs said though, I don’t see the point of this change. The previous feature wasn’t causing enough problems to be well known. The response to this change has many folks explaining how the change will cause problems.

5 Likes

By “block you,” I assume you mean using the in game tools and not a self maintained list.

Whomever has you blocked would not see the request. From that point, you wouldn’t be able to let the person in. That said, I agree, it is likely that someone would let them in. At which point, you still wouldn’t see their posts. This should raise a flag and action could be done.

People were talking about tracking where these people went. Let’s not get into whether or not that in itself is stalking or harassing (someone did note the peculiarities of the behavior - but I did it too :innocent:).

But let’s look at it the opposite. What if someone blocks someone to stalk and/or harass them. This person couldn’t get away. They’d change their name, leave alliances, and the person still follows them.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a perfect system. And people who want to cause problems will find a way.

As I said earlier, I do see both sides. There are valid arguments to be made on both sides. I do think this current approach does work however. And would encourage anyone observing harassment to contact SGG (or appropriate third party app if happening elsewhere).

3 Likes

I do ‘hear’ what you’re saying. If someone is actually being followed and harassed, this is a huge issue. I simply don’t see that happening with any frequency (maybe I’m just fortunate). And if it does happen, this is definitely worth reporting to Support, and likely to generate a response beyond an auto generated message. I don’t believe that reporting someone for repeated name changes and causing drama would get more than a canned answer.

Sure, I’ve blocked folks just to see where they end up. If someone I enjoyed leaves but doesn’t use an external app, I’m curious. If a player leaves because they are “retiring”, I may want to see if the returned. I really don’t see that as a breach of privacy, or stalking. I’m simply curious. I’m not going to follow them. In the absence of in game messages, or player lookup. It was a way to answer “whatever happened to…?”

My position remains that this was a pointless change that is causing more issues than it ‘solved’. :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

For the reason of “what happened to” curiosity they should implement a friends list of some sorts, then at least you have two consenting parties to it.

3 Likes

This thread…I mean seriously if you are a casual alliance you home have casual players come and go some good some bad. Once you guys start to get rather serious you shouldnswiych yo invite only. Someone comes in your alliance being a tool they should be gone. Dont need to block them we are set to invite only. See ya around. Following someone is stalking doesn’t material what they did to you first you are now being a predator to them which makes you just as bad as them. People come and go focus on the good ones let the bad ones go you will fill up eventually if you really care to or move to somwhere larger since yall cant seem to learn enough to fill your own place to prevent this from even being an issue. Stalking a stalker is stalking if you didnt know

3 Likes

i think scenarios like this could be prevented by an alliance block. for example leader blocks someone from alliance and that person cannot join or apply again but you still can’t see his/her info.

2 Likes