V26 blocked players in chat. Answered in post 4, 41 by staff

I don’t think, opening a support request for players who repeatedly join an alliance to leave war flags is appropriate, but be it so :thinking: there’s nothing support can do in this case, I guess.

Name change tracking should do it to be aware. Or an alliance block list.

1 Like

Petri, numerous people have said they report and nothing is done. So that’s a non solution.

As a middle ground, the block list should track name changes at least. Although then it probably needs to show both the original name and the current name. (Unfortunately, a larger change than just tracking the name).

Just not seeing chat messages isn’t enough to know if there’s a problem person in your alliance.

6 Likes

Sorry but I have to agree that this change isn’t good. I have been on the receiving end of harassment in alliance chat, it was reported by myself (co-lead in the alliance) AND by the leader. Nothing was done. Literally watched the player go from alliance to alliance in an hour.

**Player wanted my personal cell # on their second chat message in game.

There has to be some middle ground so that we can track abusive players and keep them at arms length as SG support, from my interaction with them, isn’t doing it.

4 Likes

Anyone else have an issue with this?
I have had a player in the game harass me and is blocked from joining a lot of alliances. He changes his game name frequently to join alliances and we kept up with him trying to come back by having him blocked. He’s been reported several times and is still in the game. With the new update, we can’t do this anymore so now we risk having him come back under another name. Please consider changing this to protect players from people like this.

6 Likes
  • It is no longer possible to view player information in the BlockedPlayer list to prevent abuse.

Am I the only one who doesn’t see the abuse risk, and finds this annoying?

I’ve used this feature for ages to track gatecrashers who change their name after bouncing. I can then tell my leadership team not to accept a join request from player “so & so”.

Imo this isn’t an improvement.

9 Likes

Quotes and links plz

If the new complaints outnumber the old ones, i think that should be enough to change it back since that would mean new change is causing more problems and concerns than the old one did

3 Likes

Don’t screw people over
Then they have no reason to care where you go…

2 Likes

I am sorry but what can anyone do by stalking you? You can always block/report whomever is harassing you (they have to chat with you in some way).

1 Like

This is incorrect. If I block a player named “Jane”, the blocked player list will show “Jane”. Previously, I could tap on their name and see the change. This option is removed. There is now no way to see the new name.

2 Likes

Nothing to do with screwing people over. It was a girl who wouldn’t leave me alone and followed me to two other alliances. Glad to know what kind of person you are though…

Lol wait…

You got bullied by a girl?

Eh irrelevant

Anyways, if she blocked u and u blocked her where is the issue there?

1 Like

That would suck and I appreciate why you like the change. That said, this would be the more appropriate reportable situation. I think this behaviour would be easier for SG to address than the multiple scenarios outlined above that the previous function helped players manage.

1 Like

Again… I can see what type of person you are… not bullied… infatuated… I don’t need that crap or your ridiculousness in a game.

Like I said… the button says block. Not track forever. Petition for a track player button if that is what you want.

Poor guy

Well I’m sorry that girl was mean to you

But i don’t think 1 case vs multiple others in the above scenarios should be enough to keep the change

Again if u blocked her then who cares if she knows where you are? Unless you’re following her and didn’t like her knowing who you are?

Just not makin sense

3 Likes

Suddenly have a lot less empathy for your situation. Why would I petition for a new feature when they can simply restore the previous functionality.

You had the ability to deal with your situation by reporting the player, and still would.

2 Likes

So do you… I have blocked this thread. Good luck with your endeavor.

1 Like

Thanks

Much appreciated

:roll_eyes:

Aaaaanywho… I hope that the SG team will consider the feedback above and reverse this change.

3 Likes

If people repeteadly join your alliance and harass you, why do you keep the alliance doors open?

1 Like