V26 blocked players in chat. Answered in post 4, 41 by staff

Not in this thread! :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of reports either in indonesian global chat room or in an E&P group.
That there was one account that had cost several alliances. It’s been happening for a long time, but nobody knows how to fix it.

The player joins from one alliance to another. He then asks the leader of the alliance to be a co-leader, or a leader, and once he has it, he kicked all members of the alliance and change the name of alliance into his name.

After that he moved back to another alliance.
I got this report based on the fact that so much complaint goes to the facebook group E&P Indonesia

And now we can detect where his account to inform the leader to kick him before he kicked the member of new alliance

1 Like

Well. Will add my few cents here:

1. from my experience - support almost useless whatever reason is

2. lots of issues can’t be resolving by support (like dominating toxic behaviour, when person pressure everyone else with orders and what they must to do, and there are lot of other examples).

3. personally used block list to make sure toxic people not near or not in alliance of people I know. And I agree it’s sorta stalking and from this point I agree about not being able to see where anyone even if it is toxic people.

4. currently block list have limit. I am blocking or reporting ones who post alliance ads every minute in recruitment chat (flooding it with their ads absolutely). And found that after some time I started to see same toxic people again because blocked list full and most old ones are fell out of it. So you definitely must do block list unlimited.

5. since I agree that ability to see block list players is stalking formally whatever the reason is - alliance block list is absolutely necessary. I run my alliance for a 600 days and this way I can be sure that at least toxic people can’t join again (or war jumpers) without any stalking. This way no help for friends alliance but at least my alliance will be more secured from repetitive abuse (and yes I saw not once it happened).

6. alliance block list must have option to import blocked players from personal block lists of leader and co-leaders.

Edit:
P.S. not to say not being able to see block list not perfect solution to keep from abuser because that way you also must change your name and left alliance you like to play with, because without alliance block - victims are pressured to left alliance they like and waste money on name change. So there is must be much better tool not just this “improvement” which can’t do much difference except makes it harder, without any additional actions like alliance block list (which really can help).

EditN2:
And ability to block ones who left. Often people write nothing in chat and war jumping. Also often they write nothing in game chat while abusing others in Line. So necessary to have option to kick&block. Not only kick.

EditN3: and finally add option to report inappropriate names and alliance names - there are huge lot of ones who absolutely behind the edge.

2 Likes

This I don’t understand. The Alliance Recruitment Room is FOR posting alliance ads…perhaps not every minute, but folks are prohibited from posting ads in literally every other venue. Where are they supposed to post it?

2 Likes

What is it then?
A dog?

1 Like

Obviously it’s for posting ads, but not every minute so when look on screen and you see 5 ads (each sent in same minute) from one person, that’s clearly a flooding. I don’t said I am blocking ones who post ads there at all - only big flooders.

On other hand often people turn AR chat in their chit-chatting room which have nothing to do with recruitment - while they have a lot rooms for that (especially that 20+ room). And obviously we may say that they search for people for future free spots (if they full) or showing how communicative they are to attract recruits and other justify reason, but often that clearly absolutely not connected to recruitment at all. And personally I am not reporting that behaviour, but as recruiter who use that only one chat for recruitment actually and see that someone again and again and again just chit chatting there - blocking without report.

2 Likes

I can understand both of those. Thanks for explaining what you meant. :+1:

1 Like

I see cow there…

20 blocked characters

Put this back the way it was please.

Permanently ban the folks who are causing the problems that lead to the cure being worse than the disease. Thats’s why there is a report button.

1 Like

I would think this would be the last person to promote.

5 Likes

It gets really tough to help people or hear their voices when half the problems are poor judgement which SG has nothing to do with.

@Petri is there anything written that can show us, the clients, what is ban worthy? Otherwise it just seems so random and sometimes not even appropriate for a ban. SG has so much in the way of how things are done that this very important piece of information that is lacking would help many know what is reportable and what is really just someone using report button to be petty. This would in turn make the block something useful instead of it currently being a wasted code space. You may block them but they can still see you and that is part of the problem this “feature” has.

Please note that the forum rules prohibit discussion on disciplinary actions. See below.

Note though that you can probably find an answer by reading the #forum-rules category. If you’re within these guidelines, I’d imagine you’d be fine.

1 Like

What I am asking is not discussion of discipline actions but what we should expect to lead to those actions. Am I being clear?

But what I am asking about are rules in the game that i have not.found to show what is and is not ban or.block worthy. I post rules for my alliance that show exactly this so we know what to expect from each other. Members know what is expected of them and also what they can expect from their leadership. This is what I am asking of SG. We call it Acknowledgment of Expectations. That way we are each accountable to the others and know both our place and the place of others and how things are expected to work. Very often we of the E&P community feel left in the dark when these bans or blocks happen. Just would like transparency.

Did you look at the #forum-rules category? This post is there. :wink:

Here is another link from SGG’s website.

Raising gem after changing name gradually increase with numorous gem and cause them must pay $$$$$ ( crazy amount that can make SG rich and give us bonus) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Sorry this maybe OOT but it can’t stop player change their names again and again.
This can have negative effects to one who want chance there name but if we choose our name carefully , we won’t change it frequently right?

Not sure you were responding to my message =)

I wasn’t suggesting anything related to name change cost.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

No Im not responding to yours, I just add with my own suggestions, lol

Cookie Settings