V26 blocked players in chat. Answered in post 4, 41 by staff

You can no longer view the blocked player’s information (defence team and current alliance) from the block list, is this intentional or a bug?

(This wasn’t mentioned in the release notes or discussed in any beta release)

3 Likes

Linky link:

2 Likes

Thank you! Mods feel free to merge.

Yes, this was intentional change to prevent any abuse of this function (such as possible player harassment or stalking).

It seems to be indeed missing from the Release Notes, I’ll look into adding it there. My apologies for this!

13 Likes

I agree with this change 110%.

7 Likes

But it also works the other way round of course! I already missed this function, most innocent reason is players who don’t leave allies very nicely, for example during war and then change names so they can do this over and over again, but also adult players who we keep an eye on because they try to come in contact with minor players and chat with them inappropriately.

5 Likes

I used this function to track a player who was harassing me. He changes his name often and has snuck into my alliance. I don’t want him there, and I’m disappointed that you’ve taken this feature away from us.

18 Likes

That’s exactly what I mean!!
So in this case the harasser is protected in stead of the one who is being harassed

8 Likes

@Moonowl I would have thought with examples such as these it would be better to make use of the ‘report’ function rather than take matters into one’s own hands. Then it is SG’s job, and I’d have thought they would have access to much more data regarding any inappropriate use of the game functions than we players do.

3 Likes

Don’t you think that was the first thing that’s been done? But there’s nothing they can do about it is the answer.
So than you have to look out and protect the minors yourself for as far you can indeed.

5 Likes

This is so wrong.
Not being able to track certain toxic players is a big mistake. How can I protect my alliance from someone who can just change their name and join again and do damage again.
And yes there are players out there that have no problems spending gems upon gems to do that.

12 Likes

Not a good change…the reasons are mentioned above.

2 Likes

Hmm, I didnt think about this scenario. It certainly makes it harder to keep trolls out.

6 Likes

This ability to track players intent on causing harm to an alliance is important. Please do not take this away from us. At a minimum please allow an option to both track and prevent the person from attempting to rejoin the alliance. Of course that does not allow other alliances to prevent the first contact but at least it could prevent repeated contact. However in my opinion allowing the tracking option the way it has been is a better solution. Maybe just adding an inability for the tracker to contact the one being tracked would be a better solution than to fully remove the tracking but would still prevent the possibility of harrassment from the tracker?

7 Likes

For those saying that this change makes it harder to track unwanted players, keep in mind that it also makes it harder for harassers to track their victims too. For example, in this situation:

The ability to permaban a player from an alliance could be a change that would address this new problem, but that’s probably a topic for a separate thread.

5 Likes

So important to be able to track simply bc the game is not the only avenue gamers use. The game is the start and flows to other apps like Line and discord that SG has nothing to do with and when brought up in the past we have been told this exactly. For example there is one player who has changed their name no less then 25 times. Each time causing problems for each alliance. We know who it is and can track. Or could. Now there is no protection. Rarely have I seen this function used by the perpetrator. Not knowing a toxic player is trying to reenter because they name changed is harmful to players and will cause many to leave if they can’t know the same person gets kicked but comes back and does the same stuff. This will cause alliances to have even harder time to grow if they have had problem players.

6 Likes

Guys, you may have exposed yourself to a potential legal claim based on the comments read. I would hate to see that happen, but as one who has worked in compliance and exposure mitigation, you may want to second think the change…

Excuse me if I’m wrong, but I think there may be a bit of an over reaction here.

The change says you cannot track a blocked player. It does not say the player is no longer blocked if they change their name.

For example, in @Datootfary’s case, if someone she blocks changes a name and tries to enter her alliance, she won’t see messages from them as they are blocked. She may not know who this person is / was, but they are still blocked. That would prevent her from the harassing text and allow for a kick.

Just my thoughts. Nothing is perfect, but I don’t see any major concern here.

2 Likes

That’s true, but in my case this person also joined the alliances of friends of mine in order to stay “close” to me without being in my alliance. I was able to tell them who he was and they knew not to respond to his questions about me. He is a good player, and everyone deserves a home, but I also deserve peace of mind as do others like me.

6 Likes

Ok , but if a player is blocked, and he, or she, changes their name. Arent they still blocked? The blocker, should also get a name change notice, I mean you dont block someone lightly!!

2 Likes

Cookie Settings