šŸŽ² [v2] Alchemy Lab FAQ & Discussion

Yep. Itā€™s hard slog but save all them 3* for 20+ if possible.

1 Like

I have built my AL upto and including level 6B.
At the moment I am using 3a to make backpacks over the next 8 days.
I now want to build level 7a but itā€™s not giving me the option to progress the building.
Is that normal while transmuting is taking place?
I am using HA10 to retrain a 5* and the other HA level for 3* troops.
Other than that I have VIP and one builder in work

Yes, itā€™s normal. You canā€™t upgrade the builduing while transmuting is taking place.

1 Like

Many thanks for the quick reply ā€¦ itā€™s much appreciated
But the restriction is just pants ā€¦ really pants
You need to be able to do both - perhaps as part of a QOL update

Without spending gems the best are 8-A and 8-B which produces 225Alk/3 days each. And 7-A or B gives 135Alk/2 days. I upgraded to level 10 Alchemy, so u can do 3 transmutations or 2 and one research. Saving my alk to 10000 so i will increase the odds (hope).

2 Likes

HA is the same. You canā€™t be doing something and upgrading it.

I only run the low levels but knew after I got it to 5 that running 3 would be more efficient so I just ground my teeth and took it straight to 10 from there. Went back and researched what I wanted after that pain was done.

Same as HA. I only want to run 4 & 6 presently but you need to get to 10 for that so same thingā€¦gritted teeth and took it all the way there just so it was done

1 Like

Iā€™m currently getting my Lab to 7. Once itā€™s at 10, Iā€™m gonna focus on getting ascension mats from 1* to 3* unfarmable mats.

What are the odds of a 4* AM from alkashards? I feel like I remember reading it being about 10%? Just finished my 20th+ exchange and have yet to see one. Iā€™m getting similar vibes from HA10 (27 retrains and all S1).

Similarly, other member of my alliance have seen about 2-3 4* AMs in roughly the same lapse of time as Iā€™ve been doing it.

1 Like

The correct number has never been oficially confirmed. The guess is about 5%.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I think 5% sounds about right based off of my experience. I feel these odds are just too low without a pity counter.

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome. Running AL since August 2020. I have gotten a 4ā˜† AM exactly 3 times.

1 Like

3 times in nearly 9 months??? do you run it 24/7???

you could transmutate Farmable 3* mats into 3* unfarmable with a possibility of a 4* mat. Completing that would give you 1050 shards, enough to try and get a 4* mat after combining weekly

Right now updating to 9 but usually running 24/7.yes. With 2 transformations you can cash in Alkashards every 8.5 days.

I did not track my number of cashing in but a rough estimate gives 31 to 35 timesā€¦so 3 out of 35 is an absolute average number I guess.

1 Like

Hey veterans, I maxed my Alchemy Lab. Which levels do you recommend using? :grinning:
At the moment Iā€™m running only 1B and 4B.

10A is extremely efficient, despite the gem cost. I also really like 1A (to convert useless 1* crafting mats into large bones and leather strips for little mana potions) and 2B (to convert little heal potions to axes, medium mana pots, and bear/turtle banners, all of which I use regularly).

ETA: 1A is tedious to queue though, since youā€™re going to want to use several different ingredients in each transmutation, in order to narrow down the possible outputs

2 Likes

What you short on/what do you have loads of? Food efficiency or max alkashard production

2 Likes

It all depends on what you want and what surplus of materials you have. While AL is great for farming, I figured I would get some use out of it to provide some supplies, mainly backpacks and tornadoes.
So, I run 3A for backpacks, 7B for a chance of Orichalcum Nuggets, and 8B for a chance of tornadoes.

Your needs and surpluses are probably different, so figure out what you need most of first.

Running the 3 recipes means I get 1000 alkashards every 5-6 days.

3 Likes

@gregschen @GrubbyRambler @Quinn3 Iā€™m a C2P so I prefer max alkashard production with no gem cost.
I would like to run 3 recipes and Iā€™m currently using 1B & 4B, so I need one more.
Iā€™ve also heard that storing hams on Alchemy lab is better than using training camp. Is that true?

Of course, I am no expert on the Alchemy Lab (just got it running a week ago only on 1A), but here are some thoughts:

First, if you want to use an 1 option, I think itā€™s better to choose 1A because it requires half the materials and delivers something useful. Large bones and leather stripes are usually much more needed than any ** crafting mat.

Secondly, the 1 option seems to be only good if you havenā€™t maxed your AL - for beginners in AL like myself who didnā€™t upgrade it yet. The alkashard production from it is minimal, as is from any 2 option.

The calculations are as follows:

2 Alkashards per hour for any 1 or 2 option
2.33(3) Alkashards per hour for any 3 option
2.5 Alkashards per hour for any 4 or 5 option
2.73(3) Alkashards per hour for any 6 option
2.791(6) Alkashards per hour for any 7 option
2.8125 Alkashards per hour for any 8 option
3.125 Alkashards per hour for any 9 option
6.25 Alkashards per hour for any 10 option

Which means that time-wise, options 1 and 2 are the worst when it comes to Alkashards production.

Of course, option 9 is out of the question despite the high alkashard per hour output since it requires tons of valuable 4* ingredients which will run out very fast.

From what I see in my inventory however (vc2p) unless you need some important 2* Ascension materials for something (for example Strong Rope for Hero Academy), I donā€™t see why you donā€™t try 6A for the time being. Sure, it doesnā€™t produce anything useful, but since you aim for the highest alkashard production for no gems whatsoever it seems like a great option.

The options which @Quinn3 gave you are great as well, but the ingredients for those may be scarce. So it really depends on what you have abundant in your storage. Usually for me these are 2* ascension mats, crafting mats and battle items. So any option which would allow you to turn these into something more useful + get alkashards out of it should be profitable - such as 4B and 5B.

Edit: If you manage to run 4B, 5B and 6A for a long period of time, this will give you 1000 Alkashards for approximately 130 hours, which is approximately 5 and a half days.

If you however are afraid that your 2* crafting mats and battle items may not hold out for long, you can switch the 5B option to either 1A or 1B, which will give you 1000 Alkashards for 138 hours, which is 5 and 3/4 days.

9 Likes