Using "mercenaries" in alliance war

I think it will sort itself out. Right now the wars aren’t completely rolled out yet (so I guess temp mercs from other alliances were eager to jump on board), but when they are, wars will be at the same time for every alliance, that will keep the temporary mercs from leaving their alliance, so only the truly alliance-less mercs will be left. But maybe those are more than I know (we usually are full, so don’t use mercs very often).

We can do nothing in Preparation time against our enemy… So I think the matching should be done at the end of preparation time.

6 Likes

To keep it fair without surprises , no mercs, only let members that have been in alliance for 2 weeks participate in wars , this way mercs can’t be recruited for wars being they roam and can’t stay in one location they will either stay in 1 alliance or MISS OUT ON A PORTION OF THIS GAME

1 Like

They already basically miss out on the war chest if they don’t fight with the same alliance until the chest fills. That seems like punishment enough.

1 Like

I can also guarantee that.

I tried to mercs even wars and tested rewards for 4%, 20%, 50%, 75% and 90% partecipation.

Only 90% can be interesting, but that’s so high that you rather stay there as a regular and get 100% :grin:

2 Likes

Full stop here- this was an old thread.
Can someone clearly state the timers/phases of how war is match made today?
Am I correct that once you know who your opponent is (Prep Phase, I believe), there can be NO member shuffling in or out? (OP original concern). If you do see members added and War score increase, you don’t worry because they won’t be on the Battlefield at start anyway…right?

That is correct…

1 Like

Current timeline:

• -24 hours: matching done. Only members in alliance at this moment may participate in the war
  • -23 to 0 hours: people may come and go
  • 0 to 24 hours: war, with players in matching fighting

So if you were counted in the alliance roster for matching, you can leave, rejoin, and fight.

2 Likes

So you can come and go before matchmaking is done as long as you are there during the first hour?

Yes.

:chart_with_upwards_trend:

1 Like

We recently played an Alliance and noticed 6 co-leads had only been in the Alliance for 1 dsy. They were the strongest players other than 1 other. I checked and there was another Allisnce of the same name they may have pulled from. When we played them they all attacked in concert, unlike any other natural team…l we have ever played, with Weven stronger teams than were showing,…looking and acting like Mercs. The team was Casus Belli from Russia. Immediately after War they were gone from the roster. Now a week later with another War upcoming, they suddenly have rejoined the Alliance just as prep started or coupe a day before that. What is the he advantage to the Alliance with them leaving and then returning with regard to the War score or is it just false presentation to the other oppoding team prior to War? It feels like cheating…while technicslly it may not be. I do not like the concept of Mercs. We have not used them…trying to build a team of family - like quality growing together…building together over time, dedpite the growing pains as some people ineveitanke come ?& go over time. I think the playing field is not level in these instances & something should be done to level it out…such as mentioned above…like a 2 week period of membetship in order to participate in War. & get the benefits of War winnings as well. And no multiple winning of loot. Thank you. And I hope someone can help clarify this practice…

If you join an alliance after matchmaking, you can’t participate in war. You’re set to “spectator mode”.
If you join an alliance before matchmaking, your teams are taken into account for matchmaking so there’s no cheating.
Also you lose your war chest participation if you participate in war in a different alliance. That’s bad as war chest rewards could be pretty awesome.

So I left an on going war for 1 hour. Then came back. It shows me in war as ex-member.

Anything I should be concerned about?

As long as I am present during first hours of matchmaking and dont join another alliance’s war at any point, all good?

Any penalty that I should know about?

What is the specific concern?

As far as I’m aware, if you opted into war, left the alliance, rejoin the alliance, then you can’t use any unused war flags. One of our members found this out a while back.

Thank you. That was my main concern.

So it seems like leave/join is entirely fine except two times:

1. Just before matchmaking
  2. Ongoing war with unused flag. After using all flags, it is fine.