šŸ¤ŗ Using Hero Academy as a Troop Training Camp

Thanks @zephyr1 , appreciating you sharing your analysis/recommendations, and helping us all try to make the most of a lackluster new feature.

I had to pause after reading the word YEARS.

okay, I think now Iā€™m brave enough to continueā€¦

11 Likes

Sorry to hear that, Iā€™ve enjoyed reading your posts here. Wishing you all the best with your new game!

1 Like

@zephyr1 let me add something to the mix @_all feel free to share it

Iā€™ll probably gonna go with:

• lvl4 for 2* troops to push my last 2 troops to lvl23
    and others to lvl 5-7-11
  • lvl10 for old hotm chance or good tc20 heroes

keep up the good work!

15 Likes

Is this typo or _ is intentional?

intentional, all seems to be taken by a user

Oh ok Iā€™m a little slow, thanks for the info

Yup, current version of HA is actually an insult. It took them more than 1.5 years just to repeat the AL-desaster. With a lot of luck and plenty of complaints we may see it getting fixed maybe in a year or so.

The usabality of HA7 seems not be any better. Regarding beta test runs that show an appearence rate of more than 50% for 1*, less than 10% for 3* and even less than 1% for a 4* troop.

HA10 seems to have at least a use for those who are still lacking some S1 heroes.

Letā€™s not even talk about the other levels.

As expected, SG didnā€™t fail in disappointing the player community againā€¦

@zephyr1 Is there also a master thread for fixing HA in preparation that will be launched when HA goes live? It will be neededā€¦

3 Likes

Lolā€¦ While grinding away in the HA, player earns Bachelorā€™s Degree, Masterā€™s Degree, Doctoral Degree, and Medical Degree. :smiley:

5 Likes

I think you meant Troops, right?

Season 1 4* Heroes can be Trained in Hero Academy.

4* Troops cannot.

You asked what this is for:

Itā€™s stating how long it would take to produce enough Troop feeders from Hero Academy to be able to level up a 4* Troop from Level 1 to Level 30.

Youā€™d need to get the 4* Troop from the Epic Troop Summons, though, using an Epic Troop Token or gems.

Thereā€™s currently nowhere else in the game to get 4* Troops.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think one exists yet, but I agree itā€™s an inevitability.

3 Likes

There is Epic Troop Summon who P2W usually utilize.

Of course F2P can also use them though unlikely as most of them save the gems for hero summon.

But that is my F2P experience on raising troops to level 23 in 1.5 years by never using the gems for Epic Troop Summon, solely based on ETT and farming.

3 Likes

Well, aside from being able to help train troops instead of always relying on map drops or EHT, this would be a welcoming addition. The not discussed part (of where a 4* troop can be retrained into other type) would be useful for me in one instance, maybe I could finally get myself the missing 4* Green Crit I am still searching for while I seem to have a number of dupes of the other 9 types. Of course, if RNGesus has anything to say, it will probably make that RNG with a catch too. And of course, after getting said troop (if that happens), this feature will become kind of useless to me too.

3 Likes

Sorry, I meant troops, yes.

Aaaah now I get it. Thanks.

3 Likes

I never said iā€™m happy. I expressed my feeling on beta topic.
Just looking for the value of the building to choose if i will build it or not. Clearly not what i was hoping but i canā€™t do more.

Perhaps, the building should be renamed ā€œTroops Academyā€.

Level 2 and level 4 are so similar that if we couldnā€™t launch 2 queues at the time, i wouldnā€™t see the value of the value of having this 2 levels :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh why thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I plan to keep my eyes around since I could not delete the account anyway. I should say I am kinda curious to know whatā€™s going to happen next.

Well thank you!! As I said above I should still follow and post here and there during the HA discussion. I (almost not anymore) believe the more voices screaming here, the better.

5 Likes

@zephyr1 did those numbers take into account that troops can only eat their given color and with RnG thereā€™s no telling how far apart you may get which color and what not

1 Like

No, theyā€™re based on average distribution, so there will be some unevenness.

But obviously over a large number of Trainings, that would be expected to even out, like with Training Camps.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve stopped using this word in reference to this gameā€¦

Thanks Z for compiling this data while testing the futility that is HA.

3 Likes

But obviously weā€™ll see exceptions as we do with the training camps and summons when people come to the forum to complain about either/or

If they wanna go this route, think Iā€™d rather change the feed system to allow rainbow feeding for troops at the current xp rates and double xp rates for same color feedingā€¦

5 Likes

My initial reaction was that this building (like all other +SH20 buildingsā€¦) is purely
Supplementalā€¦
to mechanisms which are already in place!

Such as troops for example: for players like me
that longā€¦exhausting bridge from lvl 23 to 30
now has one of these:image

Secondly I feel that E&Pā€™s ladder to maxā€™d gameplay has previously received some unhealthy extensions. Such as emblemsā€¦

Meaning that older players have lost mobility
And new players (up to a year) may quickly feel so far behind the starting gun, that joining the grind is too perilous and expensive to bother.
So why botherā€¦?

For players who already have 90% of the game content and level 30 troops. Shall we deliver further advantage so they can own 100% game content?
I believe the science behind gaming addiction is that once completionist reach fulfillment they tend to find other games anyway.

Butā€¦ the resource costsā€¦and the wait times!
This doesnā€™t really help new players either.
By the time they position themselves
on that walkwayā€¦
Is it really just this instead?image

Just like all the other +SH20 buildings. Iā€™ll divert resources when they begin to bottleneck. They will receive no further priority from me for now.
I meanā€¦

Every other base aspect simply has greater value

for nowā€¦

9 Likes