URSENA's skill no longer reflects Guinevere's Mana Reduction

She deserves this badge.

Screenshot_20191103_140359

PetriStaff

13d

I checked this from our developers, indeed this change is intended but it was missing from the release notes. We have now updated the release notes, my apologies for the missing information!

In the thread above, Petri confirms that Ursena was nerfed to remove that reflect, but the notice was missing. Unfortunate on both counts, I just drew Ursena using 6 mos. of gems savings! :confused:

No thats not what he says, Petri says the release notes are now correct stating that Ursena is blocking mana reduction. (Wording on this is irrelevant any hero that uses a mana reduction special has zero mana so the effect of a reflect or block is the same)

In the game this isn’t what is happening though it is neither being reflected nor blocked.

My take: I think it’s clear that reflection shouldn’t happen (not that it matters). But blocking?

According to the release notes on "Elemental Barriers and similar reflecting status effects ", the mana cut should be “blocked, but not reflected back to the opponent”. (I’m pretty certain this special is a “similar reflecting status effect”.)

But in the text of the special as listed on the card, there’s no mention of blocking. (Or was none, last I saw – I don’t have her to check for myself.) Is “reflect X and Y” to be implying “blocks all but X and Y”? Seems to be reaching.

So, which is correct? The card or the release notes?

If the card is correct, just ignore the wording of the release notes.

If the release notes are correct, the special is buggy, and the card text also ought to be fixed.

1 Like

Thanks for the update - just to clarify, I meant “Ursena was nerfed to remove that mana cut reflect, 
” I agree that the damage reflect should be active.

I’d be happy if we could get a clarification of what was meant to be adjusted, and whether that change actually happened or whether the damage was nerfed as well (my tier 1 lvl 7 Ursena isn’t up to the task of testing yet, lol). @Sidhekin is right too - the blocking status should be clear as well. @Petri?

The damage reflect is still active. I tested Chao against Ursena boss in S2. She will get her mana reduced
 But Chao gets the damage refñected back.

Thank you for the further reports! We’ll investigate this here in more detail for any possible issues.

3 Likes

I know most are worried about Guin / Ursena but as a Mistuko owner I have a question that seems to fit. I maily use Mitsuko on blue to destroy them from reflecting damage like from Isarnia, Frida, KA, Alice, Magni etc. In some cases if they survive somehow say Isarnia, this would mean that my team wouldn’t have the defense down and the survivors on her team would. Is that correct?

I have seen this before when using her against Alasie and usually Alasie will be taken out from the damage but she will give the mana reduction effect back to her team mates since her skill is to reduce mana of enemy and nearby allies so it reflects and hits her and nearby. I assume same is true for Isarnia though I really haven’t paid attention I just assumed it worked and mainly I was going for the damage in that case.

So does MItsuko still reflect all the things in the secondary status effects and if so were I to use Mitsuko against Guin, I know the damage would get reflected but would the mana cut that she normally does to me be reflected back to them or would it just be blocked? I will try to test this with Mitsuko and some Guins in diamond when I get time. I just want to know if MItsuko and Ursena work the same since the skill is the same except the color is different. So if one does and the other doesn’t that would be another issue. I would hope the best for Mits since she is one of my best heroes(hey don’t laugh
) so I can’t afford a nerf.

Any info is appreciated and when I get a chance to test I will post what I find for her. I know most care about Ursena and I would too but I don’t have her. SG, is you want to let me have her I can level her right now, I have tabbards and trap tools ready and I will test the $% out of her :rofl:

Ursena reflects BACK TO ATTACKER. SO theoreticaly it reflects mana cut to Guin only, since Guin doesnt have anymore mana cos she used it for special - it cannot be cut less then 0. But Ursena under her reflect never recived mana cut from Guin. At least I never saw this happened since I used Ursena a lot against Guin.

1 Like

This is the point that had me believing from the beginning that this change to how the elemental barrier treated mana cuts (no longer blocking them) was deliberate as logically there is no difference between blocking a mana cut and reflecting it back as the only way a Holy hero can cause a mana cut is by casting a special and that by casting their special their mana will be at 0 when it would be “reflected” back at them so they have no mana to lose. All the reflect would do is block Ursena’s team losing mana.

As such with absolutely no difference between “reflecting” and “blocking” a mana cut in terms of actual game state if “blocking” a mana cut was intended then there was no real reason to change how it worked anyway as that is effectively what it did and just messing with it would just be a waste of development time. So either it is a case of someone wasting time changing something that didn’t need changing or it was an intentional nerf (and in the later case it’s a little bad to only just be making this change now many months after release when many may have spent AMs on her because of blocking Guin’s mana cut).

Though even if intended it does still beg the question about the previously received feedback of other stuff besides damage and status effects being “blocked” is exactly? Besides mana cuts and dispels (some tricky battles taking blue dispellers against Mitsuko confirmed dispels aren’t blocked) I can’t really think of much else that could potentially be in the other things are “blocked” category.

Not really sure if I get everything correct, but for me, a mana cut is either no damage or status effect. So why should this been reflected or blocked? If it has been in the past, than it has been a part of the bug 

We have indeed detected an issue with Ursena’s special skill. The mana reduction should be blocked but not reflected. We’ll be fixing this issue in the next update (version 25). My apologies for the issue and thank you again for the reports! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Have seen a lot of confusion about the technicalities of these reflect heroes you guys have released

Anyway maybe one of you guys could do a write up with some clarity? Normally the playerbase figures this stuff out but looks like there’s probably too many unwritten rules for us to know what is intent and what is bug

2 Likes

I use Ursena and never saw mana cut been reflected. How possibly it can be when Guin’s mana is emplty because she cast her special???

What about Guin allies?

1 Like

Because special says - reflects to the caster I never expected that happen to allies and never pay attention what happened with allie’s mana, But I believe it wasnt cut.

Could we maybe have an explanation why?
From my understanding, that’s no part of her special:

1 Like

Based on the card, Guin shouldn’t be blocked or even reflected. Because mana cut is not a status effect. @Petri, it is already hilarious what is happening :rofl:

Poseidon’ special blocks Guinevere’s special. Same with Grazul i think

Pretty sure Seshat is the best weopon against Guin