Ursena is OP (IMO)

My favorite team to use against her is Onatel, Poseidon, Jackal (4-70-20). Then I’ll stack a healer and dispeller in the flanks off color (so Caedmon, Sabina, Sonya, Melendor depending on flanks). I assess my board when I come in and decide right away if I’m trying to kill Ursena or trying to dispel her reflect.

Nothing too fancy, but I’ve got a better record against Ursena than I do against several other premier tanks.

It seems that we play different games. What you do when just 2-3 yellows are on the board?)

Ursena
I love her the most
And I hate her the most
:blush:

4 Likes

Use the off color of my 3-2 or get out of that board. If I can’t do either than I lose. Can’t win em all, but I probably roll about 90% win rate against Ursena tanks which is slightly higher than my average–which is a hair above 80% against mid-level diamond competition.

But that’s a bit of conjecture. Be fun to throw a spreadsheet together some day with win percentage against different tanks.

(OMG I just said spreadsheet and fun in the same sentence)

1 Like

I have Ursena at +9, and Kunchen +9. My trophy count-raid wins don’t reflect that either one is OP. She’s a bit like guin, she punishes a bad board at tank and is not that great on offense.

At mana speed slow she would be useless and at fast she would definitely be OP. IMO E&P balanced her fairly well.

2 Likes

Just for fun I went against her in a group of alby, misandra, guin, ursena, gm. They had emblems and were about 4300 tp. I tried a new approach and used tiburtus, Domitia, melendor, proteus and Peters (4.50). Took out guin by getting a nice start with a 10 combo so she fired. Killed my skills but next turn I took her out with tiles and loaded tib and Dom. Fired them at ursena side with gm. Got her weak finished her with tiles. Went after alby next then one by one finished. I was only 3700 tp vs 4300 to and won. Board helped but so did the Peters proteus combo. I did lose Peters and he’s not max yet but should be by today. I just got him last pirates. Huge skill when added with proteus. The pp brothers…lol.

1 Like

I’ve been using mono purple vs her lately and my win rate is way up.

Rigard+18, Seshat, Khiona+11, Sartana+9, Sabina+19

Here’s the best strategy if ur up against Ursena as the tank - Hope for a favorable board.

3 Likes

I do not think she is OP, but in fact a good hero. I have more problems with other tanks, namely Guin or emblemed Santa can be a pain as well.
I go with three yellows against her, with one being Jackal. In most cases it works (indeed, if board is too bad, you get in trouble, but that holds also true in may other cases).

1 Like

I bring Jackal up against Ursena too.

It’s a fun gambit that works most the time - whoever casts first gets the kill, even at emblem-20, Jackal is a glass cannon.

I dont think.ursena is op but I dont think she should be average and boss wolf and owl are at very slow

1 Like

Well maybe they’ll get over priced costumes at ridiculous odds in 2020

1 Like

I agree that she is a little too strong. The enemy team will often be at greater than half health the first time she fires, meaning she is hitting harder than Quintus at average speed. Her def and atk are both high, and she is much stronger against her natural counter (holy heroes). Overall she is a monster. Of course there are ways to deal with her, as there are with all heroes. That doesn’t mean she isn’t at or near the top of the curve.

I strongly disagree with Anchor’s B rating for her (especially on defense). But then I disagree with a lot of his ratings.

4 Likes

Anyone ran into an electric quintus with 29 mana troops yet?

He only charges 1 tile slower than her so curious how the comparison would be

If they make Ursena weaker, make Guinevere, Kunchen, and Aegir weaker too. I personally have teams to destroy any tank. I dont win all the time but im ok with losses due to unlucky boards.
If any hero should should be OP it should be Ursena. She is the Titan Boss for season 2. Whoever the boss for season 3 is will be “OP” as well.

3 Likes

Reading this topic, and thinking that lots of summons from last Atlantis were 3* But got Ursena makes me think and happy, that I hot her. She looks like quite a good hero after all. :blush:

1 Like

Having her at tank keeps me at 2500 cups. She’s great! Guinevere’s kryptonite. Max her asap.

I actually find her rather weak against Guin. She shines against joon or drake with the reflection, assuming you time it right. At average, I often don’t get charged in time. But she is great as a defensive tank.

Seshat is the guin killer with her resistance to the mana effect.

5 Likes

I don’t think realistically they can weaken heroes. There would be too much pushback (understandably) from people who invested time and money in acquiring and leveling them based on their power at the time. I’m not advocating that Ursena (or Guin, Kunc, et. al.) be nerfed. I’m just agreeing with the OP that she is very strong. Some power creep is inevitable in these styles of game though, and (like it or not) it is sound business practice. I think the trick for SG is to keep new heroes attractive enough to encourage spending, but not so above the prior curve that older heroes become unviable. So far they’ve done an okay job.

Ursena is no joke though. I guess if any hero was going to be a little “OP” it would be the season 2 big bad.

2 Likes

I agree that Ursena is OP. She should be very slow. Half of all times, as of now with all emblems she as a tank removes the half life of the whole team before another hero special can mitigate her mega super special. Becomes very frustrating and boring.

3 Likes