Ursena Black Knight defence team

Regular Viv is the cleanser. They flipped the cleanse/def+ buff for dispel/def- debuff for the costume.

1 Like

I know you didn’t ask, but I strongly recommend you reconsider rainbow attack teams. You don’t have to go mono - start with a 3/2 approach, or even a 2/2/1 stack will give you better results on average than a rainbow attack.

I’ve been running a 4/1 stack against the tank lately and it’s working wonderfully. Usually bring a healer as the 1 in those stacks.

1 Like

Fallacy of defense healers?

Once you get to a high enough cup rank (~2000+), having a healer on your defense can often hurt more than help. The only way for your defense to really win a high level raid is for them to kill the other team faster than they can kill yours. Healers take up a slot that could be used to increase your potential damage. There are exceptions, of course - Kunchen is a good example - but this holds true for the most part.

1 Like

what about everybody on top of the leaderboard who uses a healer?

right now all top 6 people global have a healer on their defense team.

Like I said, there are certainly exceptions. The great thing about raid defence is that it really doesn’t matter if you lose cups. Give it a shot and see if it works for you.

1 Like

I have been running this defense, I wish I could see footage of it being attacked. I am curious if Grazul heals fast enough to keep Isarnia alive (and free of debuffs).

Conventionally wisdom on this forum is that Grazul doesn’t belong on defense but when I go up against her every now and then, I find her to be really annoying.

tough to use her on D because her effect only lasts for 2 rounds… I can’t imagine she’s able to keep Isarina alive. you might consider tanking with Drake - that would likely be a better win rate - just swap Isa and Drake

1 Like

you would be surprised, I have tried both ways, and my steel cannon Isarnia level sets me at the highest trophy floor every morning. I do use Drake for alliance war defense, so he gets his action too I suppose.

I suspect Isarnia does better than drake because only heavy spenders have quality green stacks for their offense and even though I sit north of 2550 trophies, not everybody who raids me has an Eve, Kingston and Lianna ready to go.

OK. First, fallacy is a strong word. Commonly held belief?

I had Ares tank on my defence team for ages, and when I was told to drop him, I argued " but he’s my only 5* healer". Then they said, you don’t need a healer on your def team, you need something to hit back with. Preferably fast mana. So true, I was already there in 4* land, had lost my way.

Offensively, instinctively I feel I already knew that as every time I see a healer tank I smile. They’re no more than a tile repository, healing the already healthy while I’m busy charging my guys.

Wing healers are bad as well.

You have Grazul, one of the exceptions, a real pain to verse. Kunchen is a well known mega-tank, Delilah is annoying but Aegir is squishy. Viv is strong, but beatable, Guin I’d rather not face…

Out of those, yes, Kunchen and Grazul get my vote, I don’t have Kunchen, can’t wait to upgrade my Grazul

No, Grazul is amazing!! Totally belongs on your defence team!

The only weak spot I’d say is your Isarnia tank. But her awesome team mates carry her, so…

I think she has really good tank stats. Post-emblem Isarnia and pre-emblem Isarnia are two very different heroes.

Hmmmm, I’ll try. I’ll be brave and stack! I already do but just not when it “counts”, heavy raids and especially war I get squeamish…

Titans always 3 stack + attack multiplyer. Challenges of course… Just not war

Sure. I’m not dissing lovely Isa! I have her costumed, quite an investment. The emblems sadly belong to Zeline.

It’s just her slow mana makes her in my view not the best tank, she might even be a good wing man like Azlar, killing everybody when you least expect it.

My favourite use of Isarnia is in combination with Wu plus Wilbur, but that’s an attack move. Sparks fly!

One more thing… I probably wouldn’t attack you, that’s just too many emblems! :grin:

you should attack me and video record it… all 3 times :stuck_out_tongue:

I really want to see it in action.

I do think a fast Isarnia would be cool. Slow Isarnia at tank means when she goes off, Drake is very likely to go off within a turn or two before the attacking team has charged up to cure their debuff status ailment (hopefully).

Wing Isarnia is cool too, if I get a Tellluria (close to 30 summons and no luck), I would test out Isarnia at flank and wing to see what happens.

1 Like

Hahaha, this could go on…

My idea would be to avoid your Drake like the plague, be prepared to take a hit from Isa while praying for red tiles so Blacky can out-mana her and absorb the damage (of the snipers as well), by which time my fast guys are charged and ready.

This happens a lot…

Hopefully we will meet! That would be hilarious!

Interesting, it would be nice if I had a fast dispeller on my team to try mitigating your approach. Still stacking red and not green or blue against my team means I’ve won the first stage of the battle and the outcome is entirely up to the board ;). If I had 3 Eves, I would just attack my team with 3 Eves, 1 Grazul and 1 Marj.

I’m not stacking. I rarely stack. I go for ability and power.

Good game…

you don’t stack? Do your tiles do any damage?

It’s late but… If I was attacking you I wouldn’t stack. Certainly not green, you have 2 reds in there. Don’t have enough green fire power anyway.

I have an unbalanced team… For example I don’t have a single red 5* attacker. I have a pretty unleveled Azlar and a Khagan at 1/1. These guys will probably never make it into any of my main teams. Too slow. Ok, maybe Azlar. And I don’t trust the tiles.

What I don’t want, especially in war, is a crystal the wrong colour at the wrong time. Something good turns bad. Cascades playing into the hands of the enemy.

There’s also synergy. I like my attack team to be balanced, their abilities/specials to work together.

Recent favourite move (with my 4* alt account) - Wilbur, Merlin hits AoE, tile attack AoE, they take out their entire team in one hit. Tested on Colen…