Update war scoring / fight discord "cheating"

Frankly, I don’t view such behavior as ‘cheating’ in any way.

Same way you could claim that football teams are cheating when they are studying the previous matches of their opponents to come up with the best strategy against them instead of “being fair” by going in blind.

If a group of people invest so much time and effort into getting better results - let them be. That’s literally hard working their way to win - it’s the essence of teamwork that alliances were created for.

In the end, it’s the same board, same rng dependency etc. No unfair advantage.

I’d personally never do it - I can’t see myself caring about this game that much to throw away my individual fun to become one with a hive mind.

9 Likes

lmao why are they cowards? Working together has nothing to do with integrity or bravery. It’s called “alliance war” so what’s the harm in working with your alliance in all aspects? If you doing something and your friend is better at it, what’s the harm in asking them for help? Multiple minds are better than one.

And tbh, if you are a good player, then you shouldn’t care about this because you probably already make the most optimal moves in your war hits. You’re basically asking the opponent to make more mistakes and you’re upset that they aren’t b/c they have a good strategy to cover for each other. This just sounds like a salty azz post lol :salt: :salt: :salt:

9 Likes

Taking help and suggestions is ok but whats point in giving all ur rights to play in someone else hand and letting them decide how to play what to play what enemy to choose for attack and what team to hit them with !!

Then its bettter to creat 30 different ids by that same person and let that alone master mind play the game as an alliance lol…

Do people do it? Yes! Is it cheating? That’s debatable. War is a team activity. Personally I can’t stand the micromanaging aspect of this, and I’d never do it, but I don’t see it as cheating. People play with friends all the time. If an alliance wants to do this, and a player allows it, then that’s up to them. But… incentivizing quicker hits is definitely NOT the way to go. This penalizes those with less deep benches who don’t have the fancy heroes and work to grind out a win. Some of my flags are long. No one is telling me what to do. And to lose points after working hard to grind out a win would be devastating. Let people play the game as they see fit. If they agree to this, then it’s their game and that’s how they want to play. It gives me an idea! Hey @coconutz wanna help me do my war hits? :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Boooooooo hoooooooo.

Seems like 90% of the topics on this forum are garbage like this.

4 Likes

I do my best war hits when I take my time. I don’t like the idea of scoring based on time. Honestly I don’t see any reasonable way to “fix” or stop people from discord hits. When I brought the topic up on YouTube, I was just trying to make it clear that The Ⓐvengers do NOT do our hits like that. It had been subtly accused in our opponents banner and I felt obligated to set the record straight.

I personally love playing in a top alliance. The competition is tough. We face fully maxed, emblemed, and now limit broke defenses. Literally the best of the best. If someone is relying on others to tell them what tiles to move, they won’t last long. I’ve always been interested in helping others the best I can. Moving people’s tiles for them doesn’t help in my opinion. It also takes away from the fun of the game.

Wrong or right, I’m sure everyone has their own opinion and frankly anyone can probably do it. I just wanted to set the record straight that my alliance doesn’t.

17 Likes

Speaking of how it relate to football, I remember that at the final of Euro 2016, CR7 got injured and have to be subtituted early. Even from the sidelines, he still gave instructions for his teammates on the field. I don’t remember any French player call it as cheating and ask the referre to stop it.

4 Likes

No one is doing that. The account ownes is still the one who use his hand and make the final decision.

1 Like

I have heard of alliances that have ppl on headsets for war and help them make moves … but I don’t see how this is a problem other then completely a waste you might as well send your phone to the leader and get a new hobby :joy::joy::joy::woman_shrugging:t2::panda_face:

2 Likes

Beautiful! 20pandas​:panda_face::heart:

I love when I raised this I got like 5 “meh, who cares” responses…:joy::joy:

Anyhoo…

The only person this can in anyway help is the “all the gear, no idea” player. Which even at the very top levels I’m sure there’s a few.

But if you are that desperate for the players roster and you are basically happy to play it for them then all power to you.

3 Likes

2 words… WHO CARES
Ppl have been finding angles forever. Is it cheating to have guidance? That’s what a family is for!! If ppl wanna micromanage that hard so be it. They will burn out eventually and the problem will solve itself.

I am a top 100 house also and personally this would annoy the *** out of me. I don’t even listen to my husband, why tf would I listen to a teammate tell me how to play?

Live and let live. There’s bigger issues that need a fixing.

Btw… I go slow and overthink war hits so that’s a hard no for me on incentives for being fast and sloppy cuz that will hurt the team and punish ppl who enjoy strategic attacks.

That’s my 2 cents :popcorn: :beer:

10 Likes

Then you are not aware of that at all !! I wish someone provide evidence about it but its obvious that one who is doing will never reveal this

I understand there can be a " war captain" who coordinate attacks and provide instructions to optimize rosters in wars.

But live streaming 180 attacks by 5’ per flag used would be 900’ = 15 hours. Who the hell has the spare time to watch this each war?

It would be annoying for me If I had someone telling me to do each war hit.

It´s ok to rewatch any bad attack or hero selection to improve.

2 Likes

Hey, they do it via stream, so they still use their own hand. It means it is still up to the account owner to move the puzzle. To follow the advice or not is their own decision. It is not like the alliance took the phone from the owner’s hand so they can’t have a saying.

They are not like me who sometimes use my hand to play with brother’s account to do the attacks.

4 Likes

I commend your jab. We have been fighting at 29 to avoid the likes of 7DD, Avengers, Kobyer, and Aggressive. We did this last war at 30 with the mythic titan in town and drew Avengers.

Beating them for the first time was very satisfying… and not a single one of us uses discord. It was won on the individual merit of each person on our crew.

1 Like

It was great warring with you!.. and yes… your group is just great. At any given time there could be 0 to 5 or 6 of your guys hitting at any given time. Clearly not using discord. I appreciate the sportsmanship that you play with and I like your videos too.

Also… Finally pulled Elizabeth & got Xnolphod to this morning :slight_smile:

1 Like

First, my alliance does not do it, but I wont call it cheating , I would call it teamwork. For some wars and discussing strategy , team composition and such things with their Alliance mates is the main reason they are still playing.

There is already a time limit in wars, so they cant discuss everything. I Would say its not cheating its teamwork or teambuilding.

Happy gaming

5 Likes

Man I’m so tired right now I can’t keep my eyes open… Spent the last 24 hours doing 180 flags worth of hits…

16 Likes

It is not against the rules.

I don’t think it can be directly policed or stopped.

In directly a timer on moves or reward for speed but is this a war or something new?

Is war meant to be fair?

Others could make suggestions about having spending as limitation, team limit on its power, etc.

In some ways its a compliment about how good some teams are.

It is a great way for inexperienced teams to learn collectively.

There has been 100 years war in real life and a 7 day war… so real life has similar huge variations.

1 Like