šŸ—Ø Upcoming SG Community Team AMA ā€“ Submit Your Questions Here! [no game design questions, please]

Follow the money ā€¦ !

Does @Petri really look like Derrick?

2 Likes

He actually does! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

How would you guys describe your job? What does your day-to-day workflow look like?
How frequently do you read forum? What kind of topics interest you most?
Are you active in other e&p social groups like subreddit or Facebook?

1 Like

I am pretty new on this forum and Iā€™m curious about the itinerary of community feedback. I noticed @Petri is also very active; in fact, he is the only staffer I saw, who is involved day after day. So the feedback starts from him? He takes it further to the devs? But most importantā€¦ I donā€™t think @Petri or any other member of the staff, will consider every single idea and feature request, among hundreds or thousands. Some are ridiculous. So Iā€™m curious, how many votes should have a thread, such that be discussed further? After all, a very requested idea represents the community voice. The one pays the salary for each developer and staffer. I ask this because are threads with hundreds votes, some of them 2 years old, but is like the community speaks to deaf ears. So how important is the feedback and how much this matter at all?

1 Like

Iā€™ve at the very least skimmed every post in this thread, and itā€™s clear, the only questions with any real meat to them (who CARES what their favorite song is??) are design questions, but we arenā€™t talking to design folks and the folks offered up to usā€”almost sacrificially it seemsā€”canā€™t or wonā€™t comment on design. So I guess that leaves a single question:

Why does SG so enjoy ignoring the voices of its fan base?

Itā€™s one of the reasons I stopped posting on hereā€”whatā€™s the point, when SG never listens anyway?

Oh, and I thought of a second question: who judged the art contest? A gorgeous woman dressed and posed EXACTLY like Zeline gets third behind 2 obviously 3D printed and unpainted figures? Absurd.

Not to be an ā– ā– ā– , it if we canā€™t get feedback on game design questions, then what is the point of having this AMAā€¦which isnā€™t really AMA if you canā€™t ask game design questions??

2 Likes

Given the size of the active player base (1M+ participating in the weekly RTā€™s as a conservative baseline) compared to the much smaller number of participants here on the forum, this canā€™t be the only place that you are gathering feedback from. What other platforms do you use to account for playersā€™ reactions to revisions, new content, etc? How do you weigh those different sources of input (knowing that this is probably one of the more vocal forums) to put together an idea of what your player base thinks of the state of the game?

2 Likes

Read the rules - the forum voted on them.

What does her being gorgeous have to do with her ranking as art? Unless weā€™re judging her parents as the artists for the competitionā€¦

First place was obviously a real person dressed up as Rana. The fact that it fooled you is just testament to the quality of the cosplay, given that she is meant to look like sheā€™s made of sand (i.e. 3-D printed), so you just justified her ranking. And even if the figurine were 3-D printed, which I donā€™t believe it is, the artist had to develop the model.

4 Likes

Would it be possible to ask a question about getting this entire thread updated, both overall, and on a regular, recurring basis? Or a possible question (and I apologize if itā€™s already been asked in another form) would be how do they handle communicating ideas from the player base to the development team, and how are decisions made about whether or not to implement those ideas?

1 Like

Weā€™ve actually been asking for that for a while, theyā€™ve been working on getting answers from the relevant game designers.

3 Likes

I just want to say: Keep the good work going. The new heroes, the atlantis rises, the balance of the power (which is the most hard one I think) and other new things are well thought and enjoyable features.

2 Likes

Is there moderator in game language.
If yes is it only in main language?

1 Like

Do you have unofficial account to post in the forum?

2 Likes

The communication between the development team and beta program volunteers is very limited. To the point that it is mostly one-way communication and only in the form of messages from the players to the beta forum an SG email address. What is the rationale behind this and how can it be improved?

2 Likes

Hello here.
@zephyr1

How do you become a member of the beta? I have been a player for more than 2 years, and I would really like to participate in the ā€œdevelopmentā€ of the game.
I currently run a French alliance.

Thanks in advance

@GianniMK1 Small Giant periodically opens applications for new Beta members, hereā€™s some information from another time someone asked recently:

2 Likes

thanks zephyr1

I hope so SG go to open a new session for this as soon

1 Like

Do you play the game regularly? If so,
-Whoā€™s your favorite hero?
-Which hero do you dislike the most?
-What are your alliances and account names ? :slightly_smiling_face:
-Have you ever done 6x10 rage-pulls trying desperately to get Miki but only ended up with 60 three star feeders?

1 Like

What is their personal opinion on loot boxes? Do they think E&P should take some effort to move away from loot boxes?

4 Likes