🗨 Upcoming SG Community Team AMA – Submit Your Questions Here! [no game design questions, please]

You could make it bigger, bold it, give it blinking letters, and make it scream the message through our speakers. It won’t matter. It will still be ignored. :rofl:

6 Likes

Hear meowt…

**ACTION FIGURES!!!**

Our most recent chat with Staff was a developer, and the time before that was the lead game designer.

This one is for variety.

5 Likes

Are they starting to update that list (cant remember the name) so we can see what is comming.

And is it possible to make some change for the summoning portal, make a higher % for the heroes you dont have in portal.

PLEASE consider adding 50 roster slots to everyone’s account. 3* used to be food once you had enough 4* and 5* heroes. With the new 2* and 1* raid tournaments added to the 3* raid tournament, and other game changes, the number of heroes we need to carry on our roster has exploded beyond anything that the current roster size can reasonably accommodate. If I want to build up at least 3 of each element in 1*, 2*, and 3* to be able to compete in the tournaments that’s 45 roster slots. To be able to use mono, that’s 75 roster slots.

5 Likes

Are you talking about this? Shortlist of Frequent Requests (Ruled Out & Considering - Please Read Before Posting!)

If so, I know they’ve been trying to update it, but haven’t gotten all of the information on design and development plans, last I heard. I can check on that again.

3 Likes

Yeah its that list…

1 Like

Recruiting is a major frustration. I’m not asking from a game-design perceptive, but from a cultural or customer-satisfaction perspective:

Would Small Giant allow players to direct message other players? So that you could reach out to others to invite them to check out your alliance and see if they might like to join?

2 Likes

An AR invitation link was cool.

I’d also like to improve ingame and board communication by personal messaging.

Ingame hyperlinks to the board and youtube were great.

Any chance?

3 Likes

Can we please be able to cook past HOTM in TC 20 or will it possible in the upcoming hero academy? Thank you

This is for the F2P.

1 Like

Moderator’s Note

There have been some great questions so far, thanks!

For people who are posting suggestions or questions about game design, please note that the Community Staff doesn’t have a role in game design, so they won’t be able to address these.

From the top post of this thread:

4 Likes

@zephyr1 you should have a word document with all the things you need to say regularly. Then just copy/paste to keep from going crazy from how many times you have to repeat yourself :rofl:

My question: I think this isn’t game design… would it be possible to get more statistics like what was posted earlier about the most successful raiding heroes? I’d like to see the most commonly used 5* in the game, for example. Those were interesting and sparked a fun thread.

4 Likes

Licensed. Hallowe’en. Costumes.

3 Likes

I have some of the most common things set with keyboard shortcuts on my phone.

The note about the Community Staff not having a role in game design might have to join them, judging by this thread so far. :laughing:

No, that’s a perfect question for the Community Staff!

2 Likes

What is being done to enhance communication between SG and the user community?

Previous release introduced a bug in the alliance chat. It was acknowledged as being a bug after numerous players indicated as such, then crickets for days. Only speculation as to what was really going on. Not even a “we are continuing to work on this, please bear with us” note. That should change.

Related to the above, support should also be included in this as my ticket on the matter was simply closed after it was opened. No communication whatsoever but they were glad to ask me to rate the service I received.

Another that sticks out was the nerfing of Raid Lottery (call it what it is as it isn’t a tournament) to “fix” the mechanism. No communication afterwards and only a teeny tiny notice in release notes that SG had somewhat boosted the loot but were basically done and it wouldn’t be returning to what it was when the feature was released.

3 Likes

Did you ever see this post?

1 Like

Thank you. I remember being very pleased surprised when they posted that picture saying the most successful defending and attacking heroes. It sparked a nice thread. I’d love to see more of that on the forum.

2 Likes
  1. Which forum post made you laugh lately?

2. Do you have someone at Small Giants who plays tricks on other? If so have you ever been a victim (or even master of mischief)?

3. Will there be more beta invitations soon? With the information public (without Screenshots) more Feedback based on actual testing could be useful.

4. How many forum posts are made daily?

5. Are there any forum posts you visit regular?

4 Likes

Staff size

Some accounts are rusty ( 3? ), but 19 staff members are currently assigned to forum

(https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/g/Staff_SGG)

A tripling if I recall correctly

Work flow

This appears to be due to legal. The AMA seems to be the way to make legal, and marketing, happy while also increasing communication.

Not much help, but humans.

Common FAQ

Related, it would be nice to have a new read only, link sub-forum to @Pois1, @Mariamne, @zephyr1 most common post and to the official generic help (https://support.smallgiantgames.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000629465-Gameplay-Help) since Discourse.org is designed to be a discussion board ( one read sticky posts ) and not a reference board.

If more mods were added, a rant sub forum for parking rant posts would also be a forum QoL.

Sorting

(https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/c/ideas-feature-requests/l/latest?order=votes)

Forum stats

Last 7 days

390 topics
10.8k posts

(https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/about)

3 Likes

I personally love the contests on the forum and on social media! Do you guys take requests from the community for contest topics and format?

The format of the current fanart contest is frustrating. At the time of this post, one person is in 1st place in two separate categories and 2nd place in one of those same categories. That’s a pretty strong monopoly. I’m fine with having multiple entries, but maybe we shouldn’t shortlist the same person more than once? The same thing happened in the Thanos challenge.

Can we get some official merchandise? T-shirts, POP! Dolls, stuffed animals (like a plushy baby dragon), knickknacks of any kind?

What kind of non-digital or irl activities could realistically be done? A couple of people have talked about convention meetups. Would SG staff ever consider making an appearance?

Do y’all have any drinking games for frequent posts, comments, which long running topic is at the top of the different categories, reaching a number of comments in a certain amount of time?

3 Likes

Cookie Settings