Upcoming Q&A with Game Designers - Spring 2021 Edition (Questions)

Why is it so hard to get ascend items like mystic rings to ascend a level 5 hero? Have played daily for over 4 months and have never gotten one as a reward?

4 Likes

How do you plan to address the issues with duplicate heroes and awful summon odds? Also adding S2 heroes to TC20 etc would a much needed refresh, as many have stopped running that completely. It’s been several months since I last pulled a 5* hero so I have almost nothing to level up anymore. Plus the QoL improvements mentioned in this thread and also releasing content that thanks the player base.

1 Like

I really hope something good comes out of this open session. Here goes:

1. Please relook ham cost for emblems and levels in HA and AL, Hunter’s lodge. Ham is used in so many areas whereas iron utility is limited compared to ham. Or Is it possible to add a level in AL to convert excess Iron to Ham, using Iron (of course) as cost of transmuting?

2. Ability to transmute 3* troops to another element would be good cos troop pulling is based on RNG. I am chronically short on red and purple. Another is short on yellow. Another green. We can’t keep on pulling and pulling for the “right colours”.

Otherwise allow for cross colour feeding, like what is done for duplicate heroes or feeder heroes.

1. Please consider reducing the cost of expanding roster capacity. Since there is no solution for duplicate 5*, reducing the cost of expanding roster capacity would reduce the frustration a tad.

The rest have already been raised :point_up:

Thank you.

8 Likes

What about promised in 2020 year solution for dublicates 5* heroes?
Will new standard content be added to the game (everyday events, titans and etc)?
Any chance that odds will be increased for VIP owners?

Also I think you can make TOP 15 from Ideas and Features and comment each of them

6 Likes
  1. Why do features that nobody asked for or liked (Goblin Balloon, Limit Breakers for example) have higher priority than a feature that was promised years ago then again in summer 2020 ( the solution to the duplicate issue) ?

2. Do the Beta testers’ or feedback or the community’s opinion here on the forum have any impact on the development? Most people gave a very negative feedback on both the limit breakers and the non S1 costumes yet it seems these will be intorduced anyways. If a feedback is so overwhelmingly negative then minor changes won’t do the job, because it means that the community doesn’t want the feature at all. Is the playerbase still a factor in development decisions?

3. What are exactly the QoL improvements promised in the 2021 Sneak Peek?

4. Based on what does the development team decide which heroes should be buffed/nerfed? There are some heroes who desperately need some love (Inari, Thoth-Amun, Perseus for example) yet they are never included in any of the balance changes, why?

5. How much is the chance for the bonus item from rare titans?

6. Does anyone from the development team read the ideas section on the forum, if yes then was there ever an idea that was implemented (in any form or way) or just gave an idea for another feature thats actually in the game (can be a hero too)?

7. Has the intoduction of some sort of “pity counter” ever came up? Getting absolutely nothing in hundreds of pulls (TC, HA or portal pulls) or not getting any of the ascension materials needed in months is really discouraging and could be eased by such a feature.

Thanks guys for doing this Q&A, we havent been contacted by anyone from the development team for years and the community started to lose hope.

23 Likes

Really good to hear you are doing another of these.

• What do you feel has been the biggest mistake in the last year, and how would you deal with it now instead?

• There is a lot of talk about game life term for mobile games, with the full rollout of Puzzle Combat do you see any change in focus where you may start focusing more on that and reducing new content for e&p or are they independently handled by different teams.

• Is there any possibility of adding a food to iron or vice versa converter?

6 Likes

My Questions:

1. Could you please provide additional building space in the stronghold. It would be nice to have hunters lodge, Alchemy Lab, Heroe Academy, Barracks and at least two forges without sacrifying a farm or a mine.

2. Could you please implement Trainings for S2 Heroes in TC or Heroe Academy (not retrain 5*)

3. Could you please improve number of Teams and Heroe space without spending insane ammounts of gems.

4. Could you please improve incentives for the ascension of players beyond level 50. Think of additional teams or EHTs every 10 levels and an ETT every 5 level.

5. Could you please give alliance leaders the chance to opt out players from war forcefully.

11 Likes

Been loving the game for a while and wanted to ask about a few things about the game.

1. We have a bunch of Trials for emblems. Has it been considered of more Trials being added?

2. With the new rollout of Challenge events being added in, and Heroes like Finley and Guardian Gazelle having been added in roughly over 2 years ago, will we see them in Hero Academy Legendary Retraining at some point? Also, why was the Seasonal Heroes left out of the Hero Academy Retraining?

3. More Stronghold levels. After nearly maxing out the Stronghold, i can see 2 Iron Storages that cannot be converted into an Advanced Iron Storage. Is there a possibility of more levels to come?

4. What season was the hardest to create and why was that particular theme chosen?

5. Emblem Conversion. I have a bunch of emblems and would like to convert them from one class to another. Has this been brought up before?

6. Last question. I loved the Global Beta for Raid Formations. Will we see more Global Beta down the road? Would like to see more come up in the future.

5 Likes

I can get behind some of those. But I have another:

We should have the ability to look at every person’s scores on the Mythic Titan and get a running log of everyone’s final scores and individual hits at the end of the event. End of story. Especially for an event that affects everyone in the alliance. The lack of this is creating a huge amount of leadership workload.

6 Likes

Facetious question: How do you feel that reaching out and directly communicating with the community generates significantly less interest (measured by number of posts) than things like RNG, hamgate, or gravemaker costume?

Follow up: how do you read through the forum knowing so many people are just venting and trolling rather than trying to engage in a dialogue (again evidenced by what I’d consider a lack of interest from the community in this much requested dialogue/communication)?

5 Likes

I can’t speak for the devs but i can give you my answer. I dont even remember when was the last q&a with the devs which means that the community was absolutely neglected for years. Why do you think that it should be suddenly cooperative and interested in a conversation?

15 Likes

Hello thanks for doing these…

Is there ever going to be a real solution for duplicate 5 star heroes? HA10 takes too long, is too expensive, too unrewarding and locked behind like 2 years of base building. I have it don’t even run it despite having 6 copies of Grazul for example. It’s simply not a solution to the problem in its current form. Just halving the time and food would be a massive QoL improvement.

Do the people making the creative decisions actually play the game even at a moderately high level? How much creative freedom is given vs mandates from higher ups to increase revenue?

We have tens of thousands of useless or near useless items. Many games handle this by allowing trade it of nearly everything to faction or alternatively a merchant that periodically visits for rewards. Are the plans to do anything like this in the future? particularly for non farmable 3 star ascension materials. The alchemy lab solves only a very very small portion of this.

Are there plans to change/improve troop leveling? I know you guys know based on changes implemented in the other game, it takes kind of a long time lol.

Outside of challenge events, the incentives for doing well are very small. 1.5 years straight of top 1% or 5% in tournaments, 1 tabard. Finished ninja tower every time including some good ranks. No 4 star mats. 1% single and total all mythic titans, no 4 star mats. Climbing the raid leaderboard gives no additional prizes of any kind. Are there any future plans to actually incentivize players for doing well? I would honestly summon more if I had more mats.

I would argue there isn’t a PvE endgame activity for long term players. Players can beat tavern and ninja tower easily some with just level 70s, one color etc. are there any plans to create such an activity? Easy solutions exist like making tavern or tower repeatable.

Do you internally acknowledge that limit breakers are a wildly unpopular idea that will hurt war, raids and tournaments for a long time and further hurt variety and variation of team selection. Internally is it acknowledged they are not required for any current or announced content? Like wise is it acknowledged that it likely will cause a mass exit of long term players? If so why is this feature in testing again and what internal or external things are forcing it? When 80-90% of the player base is against an idea what makes the development team still devote time and resources to it particularly at the expense of potential QoL changes? The answer given previously on this topic is frankly not sufficient.

It may not seem like it based on this post, but I do enjoy the game and look forward to some (hopefully) straight honest answers to the community.

14 Likes

With new heroes being introduced every month, what are the plans to give us additional heroes space?

When are we able to see our defence replay in war and tournaments?

When will S2 and S3 heroes be added to the portal?

6 Likes

Thank you for doing a Q&A. There’s certainly a lot of great questions, but I’d like to know what is being done to improve quality assurance in your releases?

As a developer, I know software has bugs, but a number of recent bugs have been directly caused by changes made, and appear to have no testing for side effects. In particular, the loot ticket change that led to Atlantis issues and the Alfrike fix that broke chaining and Malosi.

6 Likes

I was wondering how the number of points per Tournament attack was determined, once you reach the highest tier of battles.

For example, in a 3* tournament that took place May 25-29, 2020, I won all 25 attacks and I scored the following number of points in each of my attacks.

Monday - 517, 524, 526, 524, 523
Tuesday - 526, 526, 521, 519, 519
Wednesday - 521, 523, 518, 519, 518
Thursday - 523, 523, 518, 517, 519
Friday - 517, 517, 517, 517, 517

I understand that when you start at the top opponent difficulty of a tournamemt, your first attack is usually a little less, your 2nd attack is then worth 7 or so points more typically. After that … it seems like the next … 5 or so? attacks are worth increased points? After that is it all random based on matchmaking is just up to luck? Just wondering what the rhyme or reason is for the number of points awarded per attack. There’s a lot of competition at the top of some of these 3* and 4* tournaments now, so we’re ending up with a lot of ties broken by what seems to be random point rewards.

2 Likes

I’d like to ask two (edit, let’s make it four) questions:

1. What are your long-term plans for E&P? That is to say, do you see the game having a finite ending (particularly as the final Zynga purchase tranche completes at the end of 2021), or do you envisage a “generic new content” stagnation a la Candy Crush? For how long do you plan to provide quality new content, improvements and community support?

2. From a general staff point of view, are your feelings towards the game (and the community) different from the early days when the game was just starting to be a big success? If so, how and why?

3. When things go wrong in E&P, a word we hear a lot from the devs is “fairness”. What are your views regarding a small number of players who are online near-permanent 24/7 at the top of the leaderboard? Do you plan to limit the use of platforms such as Bluestacks which enable this? A mobile game by design is something always accessible but did you intend the game to be permanently enabled and what do you think the consequences of this are?

4. What have you done with @JonahTheBard?

15 Likes

With the current game meta being what it is with Bera and Freya dominating the raid tanks, the continual release of great new S4 heroes, some of the crazy new heroes being released in next months new event, etc. Is there any possibility for Telluria and Vela to be de-nerfed since they wouldn’t be as OP in the current meta? These were two great heroes that are barely mediocre now and I know I’m not alone in feeling swindled by the multiple nerfs.

Or is that just a pipe dream and we all need to give up hope and move on?

2 Likes

With Hero Academy an admittedly insufficient solution to duplicate heroes (specifically 5*s), what is the solution to the growing glut of duplicates on everyone’s roster?

8 Likes

If Epic Games wins the Epic Games vs Apple case, allowing in game offers to be purchased out of game at a cheaper price; will you follow suit?

Will you start supporting your decisions with issues that have occurred (hamgate) with better explanation; other than “won’t upset economy of the game”.

It seems that beta testers are consistently saying that “this” or “that” wasn’t what we talked about or what we played; will you go under a contract of sort to Listen to beta testers or give a reason why you changed it.

Thanks for Q&A

10 Likes

This is very encouraging. Thank you in advance for the time and consideration to listen to our questions.

Is it possible for your team to identify the Top 2 or 3 questions raised by the player base on a quarterly basis and give a response. Just an ongoing and continual dialogue that lets the players know that they are being heard and respected would go a long way.

P.S. 5* Duplicate Solution would be a fantastic question to start with. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Cookie Settings