Upcoming Q&A with Game Designers - Spring 2021 Edition (Questions)

Will non-S1 4* heroes be availabe at Hero Academy level 8?

6 Likes

Dear developers,

when do you plan if ever, implement features/events which would enrich game from the standpoint of activating more heroes at once? Currently, 80% of heroes we own, sit on the bench and are almost never used…

I created few ideas/events, where your whole roster of heroes can find a role to help your kingdom while staying true to SG gameplay. These ideas would not only prolong E&P game ‘‘shelf life’’ but also attract many new players, while keeping core players engaged.

These features add so much needed life in different ways, its too long of description, so I would humbly ask you to read each topic separately:

Heroes equipment - #8 by Cerevan_the_Omni PLAYER BASE approved solution to limit breakers.

Thank you for taking time to answer!

8 Likes

Just one question for me.

Here you can find a previous AmA with our dear long gone @Kerridoc (notice the date, March 2019).

Here below, i will copy one single question-answer session from that long interview:

3. Do you think Summoning is the best possible game design approach to acquiring heroes, or would you consider other approaches like converting existing heroes into a new one, collecting shards for a hero, or earning increased or guaranteed odds for a good hero?

Summoning has covered a lot of the bases so far, but let’s again go to the massive building upgrades.

The TC might actually do something like this; can’t really go into specific but for example converting existing heroes into new heroes. That might be part of the new Training Camp. The new TC will be in beta in a couple of months, and just at the moment the last option is converting, or having a chance of converting, heroes.

So my question is: we can expect the same kind of trustworthy answers from this AmA too?

9 Likes

Hello S&G Staff,

I think this is great to get feedback from players and hopefully it’s done in a constructive manner to help make the game we all enjoy a little bit better. I have a few questions below.

1. Have you thought about a reset coin to get mats back on a hero? It would be an awesome add and could easily be done as say a once a year gift. Something you can’t win or buy. I think players would really appreciate that small guesture.

2.As many have stated any plan to allow more teams for better organization? With more and more hero’s coming out it would nice to be able to separate them better .

1. I would love to see a way to combine 3 star mats into something in the Alcamey lab. Has this been talked about? As a long time player I like others have orbs and compasses etc just sitting there. It would be nice to be able to convert them to anything. I think it’s as big an issues as the 5 dupes just not as talked about.

2. Raiding teammates great addition, small flaw. Is there a way to add the war game feature to these raids? It would really allow players to then truly test their defences and see what’s happening.

3. Has there been any thought to adding a rare quest where you could choose your ascension item? There hasnt been much change to the rare quests and it would be a fun add to see something new even if it was in the rotation in a limited amount.

4. Lastly are there any new ways to play more with your alliance mates being worked on? I think this is mainly why we all stay is because of the friendships we have made through the game. War is fun as we can cheer each other on. MT was a good add, however imo,there needs to more levels of rewards in the team aspect.

Than you so much hoping a few of my questions will get answered!

7 Likes

Hello and thanks for the opportunity.

I only have one question.

How likely is it, for something that is not primarily revenue driven, to actually get on your to-do list?

I know this might look like a malicious question but the answer to it is key when we, the community of players, try to come up with something good for the game: we need to know if cash considerations are needed, essential, important or marginal to factor them in our observations/requests/ideas.

5 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Upcoming Q&A with Game Designers - Spring 2021 Edition (Discussion)

How about allowing fully levelled Hero’s to be fully un-levelled back to base stats and all MATs returned, so we can reuse previously earned resources on new Hero’s sitting at 3/70?

Obviously only allow once per Hero, but this will allow us to truly experiment with what we have.

4 Likes

Yes, good question.
And maybe as we have Season 4 here now the Season 2 heroes can be added with a low chance to Training Camp / summon portals to reduce Season 1 hero odds.

Also I would prefer Valhalla coin drops by the special enemies during Valhalla Forever instead of crafting items as during Valhalla I can get very low number of coins. (Maybe 4-6 months need to accumulate enough for 1 free pull, while during Atlantis I can get at lease 1 free pull every month)
Or if this is unchanged, then do SG considering a special quest during Atlantis Rises / Valhalla Forever, which gives enough coins for 1-2 free pulls ?

8 Likes

Thanks for this opportunity.
I see a growing problem in the gap between the ability for new players to catch up due to the extensive content and the long-term motivation for older players. E&P won’t be the first game with this problem. Do you see this different? How do you intend to solve this or will the game die sooner or later? PC has already started …

3 Likes

What is your response that your RNG is not a true RNG?
Have you ever altered OR fixed the results of said RNG?
Does your supposed RNG treat every player in the game the same?
What input (seed, physical event) starts the RNG?

2 Likes

Is it possible to streamline the process of transmutation by adding capabilities of making multiples at once, or at least reducing the number of taps for a single transmutation? Three taps per action takes up a lot of time and patience.

1 Like

Can we have something useful to do with all the duplicate 5* heroes we have? I mean HA10 exists but it doesn’t really do much of anything if we’re being honest. There are a lot of 5* 3/70 heroes a lot of people have forever sitting on the shelf, stifling the amount of experimentation the community can do because of a lack of final ascension mats.

Suggestion: add some building feature that lets you trade a 5* hero for an final ascension mat of the relevant color. E.g. you can trade a Leonidas for Darts or a Quintus for a Tabard, that sort of thing. That way the legions of dupe 5* heroes become useful, an incentive to want more 5* is created, and 5* heroes stuck in 3/70 purgatory can finally be played with. It’s unfortunate that a lot of high level players like myself don’t even want anymore 5* heroes because it’s pointless with lack of mats. If an exchange like that existed, it would incentivize me to roll or use my TC20 for the first time again in ages

12 Likes

So true. In April I got more than 100 coins but in May I only got around 10 coins…

Will there be a review of this system? I prefer solely coins like in AR. I already have bunch of useless food and iron box in my inventory.

3 Likes

Three questions from me,

1. Will we be getting a better option to train or trade our duplicate heroes? The hero academy isn’t that great to be honest, I understand money is your priority, at least give us unlimited space for all our horded heroes :smile:

2. A replay button in the watch tower is sorely needed, I would like to be able to see how my defense is attacked and how it holds. Not only will this help us tweek our defense but get a better understanding of our heroes.
    As of now, we have to leave your game to look elsewhere.

3. in game invites, we can see the top players and top alliances, why not add a list of players that aren’t part of any alliance and an invite button, again we have to leave your game to do this.

5 Likes

Why is there a color imbalance in a player’s roster? I have lots of 5 star heroes in three of the five colors. Checking with other alliance members they see the same issue.

Does tile generation use the same seed for each tile?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Upcoming Q&A with Game Designers - Spring 2021 Edition (Discussion)

1. Why not any guaranteed 5* heroes in summons like in other games? For example “each 50 pulls you will get 5* hero randomly”. Are the prices in the game not high enough for this? For getting any 5* hero (duplicates too) in most of cases you must make TENS and HUNDREDS of pulls that equal to HUNDREDS and THOUSANDS of $$$. It’s OK? Getting a 5 star hero in this game is too hard to enjoy the fact that you can just use it to level up some other hero or retrain it to another useless S1 hero (one per WEEK). Few emblems or AM not the solution.
  2. Why in HA there are no non-S1 3* and 4* heroes?
4 Likes

Please extend the raid flags capacity so we can sleep 8-9 hours, not 6.
Just fix that and I’ll be fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the opportunity.
Here are my questions:

1. Are there any plans to “refresh” the game and update it’s different aspects?
    The game feels very outdated when it comes to unfriendly chat system, daily quests that are good only for beginners, length of research and crafting some items/trainings.

2. Scarcity of ascension mats prevents many of us from further summoning. We get new heroes constantly, yet amount of materials and roster space is as plenty as in 2017… Which is yet again linked to game being outdated in its core.
    We really need some boost of 4* materials in chests, especially in elemental and war ones. They should be guaranteed as rewards for effort and playing daily. Would you consider increasing the odds of 4* ascension mats in loot?
    (Please note that 4* mats are scarce even in paid offers so buying them all still doesn’t help the players)

3. Grading feels completely irrelevant when it comes to titan loot - could you please please please start rewarding players scoring A? It is very discouraging to see lower scorers receiving amazing loot while some people are not getting anything good from titan for weeks.

4. Very repeated topic here - problem of duplicates. I just want a clear answer whether you will provide any solution or should I just feed away all of my duplicate hotms gathered over months. No, HA10 is not a solution, thank you.

5. Why there is such a distance recently between community and developers? There are topics unanswered for years now, misinformation from staff, very very poor PR cases like hamgate, nerfgate, and so forth.
    We understand that some questions are difficult to answer but it’s better to just admit that you are NOT working on some ideas or improvements instead of keeping silent. Many players feel like staff if completely unaware of existing problems within the game and not listening to feedback.

6. What are often asked improvements that you simply can’t (not won’t) implement and what is the reason behind it?

7. in 99% of mobile online games, there is a loyalty reward system (logging in, year anniversaries, reaching certain achievements).
    Is there a plan or was it at least considered to implement it in EnP? If no, why not?

8. Guaranteed legendary after certain amount of pulls - why it’s missing from the game?
    Would certainly help with discouraged players who stopped summoning/buying offers.

9. Why prices in the game are not adjusted to countries’ economy but feels like they are all based on American system?
    10$ in US is nothing, meanwhile in other countries this is a day/week of average pay.
    I’m sure that international players would boost revenue if gem prices were appropriate to their economic level of life.

Thanks for your interest.

16 Likes

Do the designers take up such suggestions? Do you contact the members who are making this effort? Or do you only use your own designs?

1 Like