Upcoming Balance Changes - Announcement Discussion (May, 2020)

Considering those are both pre-release beta changes you can’t use them as “nerf arguments”

If Beta was closed group testing y’all would never know about those changes…

3 Likes

Rigs, I may have bought a summon and not a hero. But I paid for summon upon summon until I got the hero I wanted. In fact, that’s another good point. If they let us just purchase a hero and not have to summon for them, then I could see a justification to only refund us just the money we paid for the hero and give us our ascension mats back. But because we have to pay for summon upon summon, it becomes much more costly to get the hero we want. So yeah, I will be in the class action lawsuit. They are changing the game in a significant way and I for one will want my money back.

1 Like

I think that changes made to Heroes after release and after people have put a ton of time and resources into should warrant a full reset token. Other games like Hearthstone do rebalancing on heroes and give players a window of time to either accept the changes or allow them to get their resources back. This choice would appease both sides of the Tell argument, the ones who didn’t think she needed a nerf and the ones that did. It would allow the transition to another tank to be less painful if they choose to and soften the blow to people who spent money chasing Tell. This option should be given on any other heroes that might get what would be considered a negative change. On the flip side people who have held onto all 5* heroes and paid for hero capacity upgrades can benefit from any heroes that gained a buff while waiting for the fabled Hero Academy.

14 Likes

I disagree with this completely once a hero leaves beta they should not get nerfed. I spent alot of money to get multiple of her along with Vela and GM during last AR. If she could nerfed too bad I might end up quitting the game and along with that being said my spending on the game will decrease after this nerf. But at the end of the day The complainers win and she is going to get nerfed hopefully not to bad.

3 Likes

But you’re not getting a miata

You’re not getting anything you didn’t already pay for

What the playerbase is getting is an altered piece of the gameplay that nobody(except SG…) actually outright bought or owns

Probly better luck with a department of transportation analogy

Hello, dear game developers. Thank you so much for creating interesting projects and heroes.
Thank you so much for creating such an interesting hero as Telluria. I believe that this hero does not need to change the balance. Since playing with her in this form is more interesting. You can defeat any center, you just need to choose the right attack team.
A lot of changes have happened in the game since its inception. Quests, events have become more complicated. At first it was very difficult to play, but then you gradually get used to it, and you correctly select the team and weapons for victory. This is called tactics; each has its own.
I beg you, do not change Telluria, it is like a breath of fresh air in the game. It makes you think, not mechanically move the stones.
The game already has an imbalanced hero - this is the Gravemaker. He is a unique damager of the game. But there are heroes who help him defeat. Do the same with Telluria - create new heroes who will help her defeat without changing Telluria itself.

12 Likes

Oh y this info so late , I used by fully leveled margaret as feeder some days before :frowning: not nice I’m sad

@Petri Gravemaker is overpowered as well. Nerf GraveMaker as well please.

3 Likes

Yup all drunk. Completely forgot to go to SGG HQ and steal control of their game to prevent their developers from releasing heroes…

No, it’s because SGG make decisions. beta make suggestions.

9 Likes

You have beta to test heroes before you release them. When you are releasing a hero it’s stupid to nerf it after some time. It’s like I am selling guitars and you buy one from me. I get your money and few days later I am coming to your house telling you, that the sound of the guitar is better than it should. Give me back the guitar to make her sound not as good as it is. You released a hero that everyone liked and used as a Tank. We build our teams around Telluria, using our ascention items to heroes that have good synergy with her. Using our Emblems on those heroes. And now you tell us, forget what you know. We will change all that. Who is going to give me back the time I spent to work with those heroes? who is going to give me back my ascention items? Who is going to give me back the hams and resources I used to emblem them and maxing them? This is absolutely stupid and unacceptable. You can release new heroes that will ballance the effect of Telluria. But nerfing her is unacceptable. I feel 100% deceived. The day you will nerf Telluria or any other already released hero, will be the day I will laugh out loud in your face and will say goodbye to this game. Maybe another game respects me more as a costumer and the money I spend on it.

7 Likes

Changes were suggested

SG ignored.

They touched the minions, the damage, and i think the healing but none of it was significant enough and they never touched the -34% mana

4 Likes

feel free to take Small giant to court then I first doubt you can win,
possibly could win based on lord dennings red hand in the UK if the changes were deemed to be crucial and the changes were deemed to by substantial and it was deemed the terms warning about this were not sufficiently highlighted.
I am not a Lawyer I am not a legal expert please do not take legal advice based on my post I am not qualified to give it just speculating based on a tiny law module i did as part of a degree a long time ago. not even a law degree an accounting degree and it was a single module in the first year. I am not qualified to give legal advice.

either way it would cost to much to sue small giant anyway.

Though can someone please let me know when this update changes will come into effect I am on the verge of the final ascention of Killhare and would like to know if she is significantly nerfed or buffed before I make the decision to Ascend her as I only have 8 tabards and if she wont be worth it I do not want to waste the Tabards on ascending her please please someone let me know when this update will come into effect.

Semantics. I applaud and very much enjoy the beta threads…and I don’t wish for them to go away. Because they exist, however, the player base now has full knowledge of the testing cycles, and the stats associated with them. Regardless of disclaimers, people get excited when they see what stats/skills the beta heroes have. When they get “adjusted” to something down, then the playerbase will consider that a nerf as opposed to a balance change.

Without knowledge of the original JF and Clarissa stats, we wouldn’t have the large threads on them that we have now.

Telluria needed a balance. compared to other tanks like Vivica or Kunchen, she’s average speed. compared to tanks like Guinevere and Ursena, her attack does too many things. Telluria either needs : one less ability, or only affect caster and nearby, or be slow speed.

1 Like

Nerfing Telluria would be another slap in the face of the players.

CONTEXT: There is a lot of time and money invested in this game by players. TIme is consumed in repetitive boring tasks like farming the same levels or battling teams controled by stupid AI (as opposed to battling other players). Money consumed in a lottery mechanism with really low odds and high costs. There are few really interesting developments in the game (sometimes looks like a team of one or two programmers only) given the massive spending and profits. And now, after people invest in getting a hero and support heroes, the company says: well, we’re gonna take back some of its functionality. We don’t really care about your money and time spent, we make the rules.

Tell me please some examples of other stuff you buy where the producer decides to “nerf” it and you’re ok. Your car, smartphone, TV set, real estate? Services you agreed upon?

They don’t. I have little against a new car or smartphone on the market several months after I got mine, it won’t make mine worse. But remember when Apple slowed intentionally older phones, what a ruckus and lost trials with consumers.

So, SG, come with new ideas to make the game more competitive. Make some new challenges. Make the game less grind and more fun. But don’t take back what we paid for, or me and probably others will feel a little angry because we are taken for fools.

I will personally not spend another dime in the game if that happens. Probably erase it, also.

6 Likes

Well start laughing because this isn’t the first time…

Who said anything about bragging? They are large cross sections of people in generally higher end alliances. Who all have varying opinions on the topic with no clear majority as you are announcing within a much smaller cross section of alliances. More data > less data. At least last I checked. I perfectly understand why you wouldn’t want to be in those groups. It’s talked about at least once a week. Funny stuff tbh

1 Like

after balancing Telluria. perhaps Vela and JF dont need a change. however Finley is still too strong.

So its the game developers fault then ? Maybe they need to give all the people that ascended tell all their mats bback plus a refund for those that arent happy if they ignored all the beta testers.

Sounds like the game developers fault then.

1 Like

neerfing Telluria correctly and she will still see play as Tank. but just wont be the only choice

2 Likes