Upcoming AMA chat with SGG team - Submit questions here

1. What is your plans with the game when all of season two has been released?
  2. How long do you guys expect the game to ‘‘live’’
  3. Is it possible to have a more open line of communication between the players and creators in the future?
  4. With the extreme amount of popularity this game has gained. Are SGG looking to hire more people to help out on a day to day basis?
  5. Can we expect more games than Empires and puzzles being released by Sgg?
  6. Is there plans for what you’re going to do with Empires and puzzles in the long run
  7. Have it been a lot of stress with the making of Empires or has it been mainly fun?
    8.Not really a question, Would just like to say that i have truly enjoyed your game and would like to see it live on as long as possible :slight_smile:
13 Likes

Something that I have wondered about since Zynga is now majority shareholder/owner…I read that SGG will remain as an independent entity under the Zynga umbrella………But do you now have to have Zynga approval for any changes made to the game, or for any offers that you may consider?

Does Zynga have final say, or veto power, or are you able to continue developing the game according to your own visions for the future of E & P?

Have there been talk of any sort of collaboration with Zynga as far as other games you may develop?

17 Likes

Are there plans to provide detailed announcements about new content earlier than a week or two ahead of the content’s release?

Teasers are nice, but players make difficult decisions in terms of allocating resources based on specific information about upcoming heroes and events. While this information is leaked out of beta, the stream of unofficial information acts to sow discord about the decisions that were made/are being made. Instead of dealing with that toxicity, promote your good work! Get people excited ahead of time instead of them having the feeling “darn, I wish I knew this earlier, I wouldn’t have spent those scopes on so-and-so”.

10 Likes
  1. The concept of having an entire game mode (Challenge Raids) locked behind a paywall is disturbing as it’s contrary to the F2P model. Can you promise that such a thing will not happen? If not, then what has changed to make this acceptable in your eyes (since no other mode IS locked as such)?

2. Challenge and Seasonal Events have a very sharp difficulty increase on the very final stage, after a lot of world energy has been invested, while no real rewards have been earned. As a new player, this is extraordinarily dismaying, going from an easy stage to really hard. Are you open to rebalancing, or are there already plans to rebalance these events and smooth out the difficulty curve?

3. Did you know that at a rate of 2.5% for a 5* hero out of the Epic Hero Summon, the most efficient gem purchase would still make it cost over $80 USD to acquire one? How do you justify one hero costing more than most entire triple-A games?

…and a few questions that I also posted in the Reddit thread:

1. There are fewer Holy and Ice heroes than the rest. Are there plans in the works to remedy this imbalance?

2. There are more opportunities to win Holy ascension materials through quests than the rest. Are there plans to add new quests to remedy this imbalance? (Especially important because of having fewer holy heroes than the rest.)

3. What have you considered, and where do you stand, regarding alliance-wide participation statistics on titan and war hits?

4. Since we get unique teams for each event anyway, are y’all open to increasing the number of team slots that we have?

5. Are there plans to add heroes to TC13/TC20 (maybe Season 2 heroes once Season 3 has begun)?

31 Likes
  1. How will we be able to spend atlantis coins after all of atlantis is released and the final 3 day summon window has expired?

2. will there be a season 3?

3. If there is a season 3 can we add a 3rd or possibly 4th level of difficulty

4. will we be able to obtain atlantis heroes after the final summons window closes?

5. Can you add more reward tiers in challenge events? I find it unbalanced that it is easier to reach a higher reward tier on rare ( lower ranking) then on legendary. Legendary is harder to complete the tiers should expand downward and since rare is so easy to complete the tiers should not reach so low

9 Likes

i have 3 questions :

1. is it possible to balance challenge events ( monthly events ) on level ? like 20-30 30-40 etc… on this way also lower players finally make a change to get some nice items… mainly it are the teams with 30+ maxed 5* and can afford a full colorstacked 5* team with high level troops and a big bunch of items…

2. maybe create a building where you can make those mats or a trading market… where people can buy it actually with gems from other players… on that way some f2p get a chance to get gems too ( amounts will be stated by devs and cant get higher then that ) or allow trading between alliances with items from same * value like telescopes with rings… those little things will help f2p alot and also other players what bring more competive value in the game also and more people will like it and probably spend more…

3. isnt it time to get a vip system for people that actual pay ? some games working with it and its motivates people… rewards can be everything, hero, mats, previous hotm or something…

4 Likes

Sorry if my question was asked before, but…

Why the game is getting away of the Lore I think it had a year ago?

This game is about a magical war between humans (knights, wizards, hunters…) and beasts (orcs, vampires, zombies…)

5 Likes

I would like to know if we will be seeing any additional ads. I like how the only ad is the daily mystic vison. I quit the original Words with Friends because the ads became too cumbersome and detracted from the game experience.

3 Likes
  1. There is broad community concern that the game is becoming more P2W. Can you address this concern in general and in specific:
  • Content/activities that have traditionally been free now seem targeted to have a paywall.

• Emblems are now for sale in the shop. Rare ascension mats were never available in the shop, though were available through special offers. It would seem these are roughly the same things being handled two different ways.

1. Can you describe the improvements seen in AW’s since the update where the power rating on the 5 star heroes were changed? Do you see any additional major changes needed for AW to increase the odds of more even matches?

2. The new heroes evolution seems to either be more niche or more powerful than those that preceded them. This would seem to not be sustainable. Do you have other ideas on how new heroes can be introduced that are both interesting to a board base of players (ie: not niche) or increasing the distance between these heroes and the older heroes (TC20 heroes for example).

3. Any plans to add more 4 and 5 star heroes to TC’s, or to allow long time F2Per’s some way of getting more interesting heroes?

33 Likes

One question from me, and let me preface it by observing that I think SG has successfully walked a fine line in achieving the right balance in many aspects of the game, so that is has been possible for a very wide range of players from completely F2P to whales to have enjoyed this game for a remarkably long time.

But on this subject of balance, as over time many new heroes have been added from new challenge events, new seasonal events, Season 2, and a new HotM every month obviously, which in itself is a great thing… the ratio between the fixed set of “regular” heroes (available from TC20) and the ever expanding pool of non-regular ones has shifted rather considerably.

So my question is, can we look forward to some expansion of the heroes available from TC20 to restore some of this balance? Either completely new ones, or perhaps more likely some existing non-regulars are added to it (more than 1 5* healer would be awesome…). Thanks!

18 Likes

Moderator’s note: a sincere thank you for staying on topic and developing lots of great questions. Keep them coming!

4 Likes

A few quick questions/thoughts

1. I think many enjoyed the valentines special that allowed for buying yourself and your alliance gems. Is there a chance this could become a holiday special roughly once a month? It was nice to help each other out.

2. Has there been any consideration with new buildings or increased lvl cap, that ascension mats or prior Hotm can be crafted or trained? Thinking long wait times perhaps. Craft 3* mat 1 week. Craft 4* mat. 1 month? Train 5* only with chance of prioe Hotm 3 weeks?

Thank you!

14 Likes

Would it be feesable to give us all six war flags at the start of war? The way it is now constantly puts me into a tight spot because we get the second set of flags while I’m sleeping and, in the case of weekend wars, often forces me to squeeze in three hits during the hour before church. Since I usually do cleanup work that puts my whole alliance in a bit of a tight spot.

3 Likes

I thought of another question
what was the rationale behind the fact that a hero regardless of star gets the same benefit per talent level, yet the higher the star the higher the cost of emblems? I would personally think if I have to invest triple the emblems on a 5* vs a 4* then the 5* should receive more benefit from those emblems.

3 Likes

There is a definitive glitch in the software since the servers crashed and connection was lost worldwide how about upgrading for more reliable gameplay !!!

I would like in alliance practice raids to test your own defence team and get feedback how to improve it or an option to attack myself with other hero’s like a defence test button !!
It exists in other RPG games !!

Better drop rate for acsention materials for 5*
And 5* hero’s in summons !!! Make the chest something to look forward to !!!

Better loot for underachievers in big alliances that just can’t do the damage needed to get A or B Grade My sister recently left my alliance due to that !!

SSG Team. After purchasing gems on valentine’s day, my alliance friends were rewarded with gems also. This was a fantastic idea. Will this type of rewards be implemented in other events? I can see this type of reward benefiting the players and the SSG team.

4 Likes

Touching on event loot, why is there no special loot for second or third place? If you come second you might as well have finished 10th because only first place gets the bonus of having the high score. I think second and third should have a special loot tier also.

11 Likes

Are there any intentions of letting alliance members trade heroes for a gem fee?

4 Likes

I have just one question. Many have asked different versions but not my specific question. Basically what is the plan after all 27 levels of Atlantis are out. I asked this in APL and didn’t get a response. I’m especially curious as the s2 completion reward is only usable at the Atlantis gate - does this mean that people need to rush to finish Atlantis or just see items go unused?

5 Likes

What are SGG’s plans for keeping long-term, high level players engaged beyond differing versions of the same concepts?

1 Like