Unreasonable Emblem Odds [Developer Response in Post 100]

Updated again May 2 2019 becaise @zephyr1 linked to this post and iy is not 100% accurate.

TL;DR - current data indicates 18 months to collect 15000 emblems (enough to max 10 5* heroes if averages hold). Emblem rewards from raid tourney are mediocre at best and seasonal events (spring, summer, autumn, and winter) do not have emblem rewards for some reason.

Personal speculation thinks that SG will continue to add and adjust emblem rewards to bring the 18 month mark closer to 12 months but that is based on literally nothing except my “good feeling”.

UPDATED MATH TO REFLECT CURRENT DATA AND ADJUSTED FOR CLASS QUESTS

I have received 125 (not counting the 250 emblems given as a gift from the devs) emblems in relatively 7 days. I have killed killed a 12* titan every day (1 rare), pushed chests as often as possible with only 1 elemental chest (speed up the timer), opened 2 titan chests, and opened 1 war chest. Without analyzing the amounts of emblems from where etc (this post is ONLY to determine if the odds are reasonable) - i think it is fair to say that this method allows for as many emblem drops as possible. That being said - With this math of 18 ish emblems per day (whcih includes the 72 per week from the quests) - needing 15,000 emblems to max 10 5* heroes (1 from each class @1500 each); that means 125 emblems a week (give or take). 125 x52= 6500 emblems a year. It will take 15000Ă·= 2.3 years to max a full set of heroes (10 - 1 from each class). To that I am optimistic.

The devs have responded saying many things but one of the most relevant to this topic is that “there are more sources of emblems yet to be released”

My personal opinion is that the emblem drop rate is low but not unreasonable however, it appears that there will be more sources available so it’s ok with me.

This data is from a single character not multiple

This post is from stormy lady (for those of you familiar with the joke on line)

Cheers!

23 Likes

Cool, so I will have to leave my account to my offspring in my will in order to max out a 5* in each class…:joy::joy::joy:

24 Likes

I’ve collected 14 emblems through various chests in the same time frame. This drop rate (< 10 / day among all loot sources) has been consistent with my experience in beta. BTW, you should really be accelerating raid chests instead of monster chests. Much better loot in raid chests if you are in diamond arena.

3 Likes

Replace emblems with 4* ascension materials in your post. 0 4* ascension materials in the last 2 days. Clearly you would never be able to ever a ascend a single 5* hero… right? Oh wait, that’s just what happens when we ignore all the best sources of emblems and ascension items…

Sorry if that sounds rude, maybe you’re simply not aware that there will be quests twice a week with guaranteed emblems? Not to mention that, just like with 4* ascension materials, it is very rare to get any from most sources (standard titans, standard chests, etc.). Rare quests, events, elemental chests and rare titans are where most of them come from.

You may end up being right that they’re too hard to obtain… but it’s way too soon to tell. Take a breath and give it some time so we see how frequent they actually are.

10 Likes

Elemental chests drop a lot of class tokens, and the regular quests will be another good opportunity. I’m looking forward to the grind, I think it’ll add longevity to the game beyond getting a rainbow 5* team and taking down full titans.

3 Likes

Same here opening regularly chest and Titan loot. Only gotten 4 total since classes went live. Let’s hope it starts raining emblems and elemental chest start appearing more.

1 Like

it was enough to make 10 classes but tokens valid for all … each one raised the particularities that he wanted … do you want a sorcerer? do you want barbarian? perfect … use the tokens but they are all the same !!! 1500 getton to hero? geneva last stage of 250 tokens … we are at science fiction!

1 Like

Discobot is right.

2 Likes

Yea a lot…I got 3 from my dark chest today. Whoopee. Can ya hear that sarcasm? Said in my next Clinton Eastwood voice.

1 Like

You guys know there will be 2 challenges each week that will give 36 emblems each? That’s 72 emblems a week just from challenges

2 Likes

You’re supposed to get most of your emblems from the trials, not from random loot drop

1 Like

So I won’t claim to be the best at math but if this is the correct formula that puts you at about 374 emblems per class a year.

72 emblems per week X 52 weeks per year = 3,774 emblems per year from Trials.
3,774 emblems \ 10 classes = 374 emblems per class.

My math may be completely off but I feel trials should include enough to guarantee at least 1 5* per class per year :thinking:

3 Likes

Your Math is right and it does seem kinda odd! Someone who did beta calculated it was possible to get 1 5* of each class maxed each year, but I don’t know how it gets there.

2 Likes

If the game survives that long…:rofl:

Might as well just enjoy the game as it was pre-emblem rather than worry about accumulating enough to max out one of each class, regardless of whether you are working on 3, 4, or 5*s.

Accelerated raid a couple of times today just to see what the odds were and how many emblems would be given, and got 1 emblem from each raid chest. 40 gems for acceleration plus 300 gems for flags so total of 340 gems for 3 emblems from 3 chest.

Mu luck might be on the poor side today, but the above sounds about right for a business model that intends to rake in the $$$…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m guessing class quests will even the odds?

Perhaps. Perhaps not. At 20WE (apparently) they better be worth something

2 Likes

15000 emblems to max a set and “someone on beta” said it takes a year to max a 5*. So this means that we magically get 15000 emblems a year and it takes a year to max 10 heroes…10 heroes a year…10 - per year…jesus.

2 Likes

I’m curious to see how accurate the 3500 and 4000 expected HP teams needed to win the class quests.

I’m sitting on a max of 4100 team but when I can only use from 2 of the 10 classes I may find myself struggling to win even the 3500 lvl after ruling out on average 80% of my heroes.

2 Likes

The whole reason for the classes is to power up our heroes enough to fight 13 * and 14 * Titans. This is gonna be long and fun and hard lmao. That’s what she said.

3 Likes

You have to seriously learn how to farm chests. I’ve been opening 4 - 5 chests per day for 4 months now (2 monster, 3 raid). For the last two months I’ve been tracking all my gems earned and spent from loots (titans, chests, MV, etc.) I collect an average of about 1000 gems per month and spend about 1150 skipping the wait times on raid chests for a net expense of about 150 gems per month. I’m also on VIP so I know I’m still adding to my gem balance over time.

I collected 13 non-farmable asc mats from chests in December and 7 so far this month. So for a net expense of 150 gems a month, this is a fairly good deal. It’s not as good as my titan loots but it does pay off. All you have to do is open a raid chest when you get a full set of flags and win 24 raids per day. When you fall short of that goal, it’ll eventually become a day when you only open 2 raid chests instead of 3. The gem cost should be around 10 gems when the cool down timer reaches 6 hours.

5 Likes

Here’s my tutorial on completing the Hero Class Trial quests. I have yet to confirm whether a change that was made late in the beta was fixed to make these quests beatable by lower powered teams. We’ll see when the first quest comes out.

2 Likes