Unreasonable Emblem Odds [Developer Response in Post 100]

I suggest to just get rid of the emblem altogether. It makes war less fun, more grinding and add nothing to the gameplay. It’s a net negative for players.

1 Like

I am not opposed to the emblem system but would not be sad to see it go. However there is irrefutable evidence that the current drop rates are an abomination.

Thank you for your support on this. I adjusted the original topic to show “proven” numbers but I like you projected chest numbers even though I feel them to be a bit high. I have been compiling data from a larger sample since I posted and the average across the board is LOW.

5 Likes

They need to increase the drop rate from every chest, and titan, war, etc. Loot…as of right now, I haven’t gotten more than 1 emblem from all my Diamond raid chests, monster chests, and titan loots…so it pretty much is useless…like the 4* mats…these items are elusive

2 Likes

On the plus side they have given me a nostalgic feeling from when the mat drops were a big issue in E&P 2017 lol

3 Likes

12 we for 9 gems… 20 we for 16 emblems… From that ‘god knowa where offer’ 12 gems/ emblem…

Total 24 we / 18 gems and 36 we / 2x18 emblems

I am not able to comprehend…

2 Likes

A WE refill is 100 gems. So those gem quests have always been cost-inefficient for the resource investment. You shouldn’t use them as a benchmark.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree @Eddard. Getting < 10 emblems in 3 days from grinding (not counting in 36 emblems from the quest using a lot of WE) is absolutely ridiculous, when it takes 65 emblems for one node on a 5*.
I am not in to rushing the enhancements of a lot of heroes, but at this speed this big new change to the game will hardly be noticeable at all for a very long time (years? :joy:)
At least I guess we will not see 13* or 14* titans for a very long if the plan is for them to be attacked with stronger heroes

2 Likes

@madmarv - you claimed to have found 14 emblems in the first 48 hrs (7 per day); have those odds been holding up for you now that it is 17+ hrs later? Did you receive another 7 emblems (not counting the 36 from the quest)?

I have a much easier approach! Instead of increasing emblem drop rate we DECREASE the emblems needed to max out our 3* 4* and 5* heroes? Im sure it would be easier on their side and everyone is happy.

7 Likes

I’m tracking the emblems acquired from loots, not purchases or quest acquisitions. I’m sitting at a total of 15 right now. The last 3 chests I’ve opened have only had a total of 1 emblem in them.

2 Likes

Can’t include SGG in that blanket statement :stuck_out_tongue: . They want this to be a grind for players for a long time.

1 Like

I am of the opinion that you should be able to max out one 5 hero once a month if you are a consistent, but non-hardcore player.

To accomplish this, it is not the droprates that would need to change, but the costs per talent.

Assumptions: 10 quests where one class is eligible for two quests total (18 each) every 5 weeks. 1 raid (2) & 1 hero chest (2) per day, 1 titan chest (5) per week, 5 titan kills (0) per week.

If such is the case then you would earn a total of … 42 emblems for any given class in a 30 day period.

Seriously. This is assuming that you’re killing every titan and filling both chests every single day… in doing so, after one month, you still won’t have enough emblems to even activate a single talent of a 5* hero.

The cost of talents needs to be reduced 8-fold, basically. Rather than costing 1,500 to max a 5*, it needs to cost 250. A 4* hero would then be what… 175? A 3* 100?

Even at that rate of acquisition, it’d be a pathetic system to engage in if the droprate remains as has been reported. :slightly_frowning_face:

EDIT: this needs to be considered on a PER-CLASS basis. Everyone’s talking about total numbers of emblems… but total number doesn’t matter nearly so much as number per class.

2 Likes

8x drops is a lot to ask, but it seems reasonable if 5 heroes could be maxed in 3-4 months.
I have 50 4* and 5* heroes maxed, so even with that drop rate it will take years to build up all my full leveled heroes.

2 Likes

I think a lot of this is premature, as many have mentioned above. I also think the devs may have plans to help balance out the low drops with the buildings proposed. I’m not a beta and play casually mostly every day, but just from the working titles I envision the academy as a means to take low-star heroes and turn them into corresponding emblems and the lab to either change regular loot into emblems or change one class’s emblems into another.

Just my 2c

2 Likes

Since grinding is probably half of the gameplay, I’m choosing to look at this more as “more gameplay” and less as “making it harder to max out”. It’s the journey rather than the destination, as they say. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I am with you
20 head nods

2 Likes

the last monster chest I’ve got has 0 emblems.
Wonder why I no longer recommend this game to anyone

1 Like

Woah. You should file a bug report. How dare they not give you emblems on your last chest? Monster chests are supposed to not only guarantee emblems but also gems, ascension materials, atlantis coins and the occasional pony. After all, they are extremely difficult to complete.

3 Likes

Ok enough. This $.*t needs to stop now. Ive spend 3 months to build fortres and you guys expect to use an endgame talents buffs on day 1? Shut up, all of you, really. This game is made to take forever, that is why i started to play it. I think its going to taste waaaay better if all of us would have to spend time and show some efford to use endgame talents. If you think different, stop having se.x on a first date.
Blind.

4 Likes