Unofficial 2019 Player Satisfaction Survey

As another year of E&P gets ready to wrap up, I thought it would be a good time to look back on the year that was and find out what the community thinks of the games progress. Keep in mind, the intent of this post is to give Small Giant the best possible snapshot of the customer satisfaction rating of their current player base. Please keep all forum rules in mind when responding.

Starting with the Sneak Peek posted at the beginning of last year, here’s what Small Giant told us we could expect to see added in 2019.

• Hero Classes
  • Weekly Raid Challenges (which became Weekly Raid Tournaments)
  • 5th Challenge Event (Riddles of Wonderland)
  • New Buidlings (the Alchemy Lab and Hero Academy were specifically mentioned)
  • Costumes

With the exception of the Hero Academy, which may have been intended to be released this year before they decided to push back its release, all new features were delivered and then some. Kudos to the development team for giving this game so much new content. It may not all have been good, but it certainly wasn’t all bad either. That’s what we’ll try to find out with this post. Where does the customer satisfaction rating currently stand.

Looking back at the News & Updates section, here was the roll out of the new features following the Sneak Peek…

Hero Classes

This feature introduced 10 new classes that current and future heroes would fall under. All maxed heroes could be further upgraded by collecting emblems and using them to add talent nodes to their heroes, which increased their base stats as well as gave them a new ability specific to their class. This also included the addition of Class Quests, which are one of the many avenues to obtain emblems, including being able to purchases them occasionally through the Shop and through Special Offers.

On a scale of 1-5, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest, what are your thoughts on the current state of this feature?

0 voters

Riddles of Wonderland

The 5th installment in the line of monthly events, Riddles of Wonderland introduced us to several new heroes.

• 5-star heroes: Queen of Hearts, Mad Hatter, Alice, Jabberwock, White Rabbit
  • 4-star heroes: Captain of Diamonds, Cheshire Cat
  • 3-star heroes: Shrubbear

On a scale of 1-5, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest, what are your thoughts on the current state of this feature?

0 voters

Weekly Raid Tournaments

This feature intended to find new use for some long-forgotten heroes by introducing the styles of gameplay and restrictions. While it was promised to be a “significant source of emblems” for top performers, the loot received was later dropped and not returned back to its former glory. Although the first few dozen tournaments were strictly of the 3-, 4- and 5-star variety, SG later rolled out a 2-star version and promised a 1-star tournament in the future, but both were recently taken out of the tournament rotation.

0 voters

Hero Changes

During the same update as the introduction of raid tournaments, several heroes were re-balanced to make them more competitive. Although most were minor, Aegir received a significant buff thanks in large part to outcry by the community. There are still however several other heroes that the community has provided feedback on that have not been re-balanced (notably: Margaret, Atomos, Mok-Arr)

0 voters

Atlantis Rises

This feature made several changes to the status quo of Season 2, including increased loot, decreased world energy costs and an additional way to obtain Atlantis Coins through unique enemies. These changes weren’t permanent, however, as they only appeared for a few days per month similar to a Challenge Event. The amount of the days Atlantis Rises was later reduced to allow time for other features to be introduced during each month.

0 voters

Stronghold 21 and the Hunter’s Lodge

After years of being capped at Stronghold Level 20, players were given new buildings to start adding/upgrading in their towns. Upgrading to SH21 unlocked several new advanced building, which allowed for greater storage and production of their counterparts, and added a new one: the Hunter’s Lodge. The Lodge allowed the crafting of Harpoons, which are used in titan battles to secure Titan Parts based on the amount of Harpoons using over the duration of each titan. These Titan Parts could be used to craft new Battle Items specifically intended for helping take down stronger titans. In all, ten new items were available.

0 voters

Stronghold 22/23 and the Alchemy Lab

Along with more advanced buildings, this feature also introduced the Alchemy Lab. The premise of this new building is to turn unused crafting materials and battle items into better ones, while also collecting Alkashards turning the transmutation process. In exchange for several lesser items, players could receive a single better one in return. Of course, this came at a cost of resources (including gems for some). But for each transmutation that was completed, players would earn Alkashards dependent on how extravagant the process was. Once enough Alkashards were collected, they could be turned in for valuable ascension materials, emblems and other high-value items. Based on current rates and times though, it would take several months of running the lab non-stop to obtain enough Alkashards for just one combination.

0 voters

Costumes

Much like emblems, this feature sought to improve stats and ability of current Season 1 heroes to help close the power gap between them and newer heroes. It also introduced new Costume Quests, which awards keys that could be used in the new Costume Portal. Only a select few S1 heroes currently have a costume, and keys are hard to come by as the quests only appear once a month. Keys have been made for purchase as well though. Although this feature is in its infancy, it was recently taken offline to re-balance and will be back sometime after the new year.

0 voters

Again, quite a lot of new content provided throughout the year, but what do you think about the overall state of the game and its improvements? Please take time to consider all the major features (as well as minor ones that helped clean up the game as well) to help you answer the questions…

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, what are your thoughts on the current state of this year’s updates?

0 voters

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, what is your current satisfaction level with Small Giant?

0 voters

Please feel free to provide any further feedback in the comments below. I look forward to hearing from the entire community on this!

34 Likes

Classes and tournaments were totally a five :+1: whereas the new buildings aren’t really worth it.

Costume thing wasn’t necessary either.

But overall I still am addicted to that simple mobile game. So it worked. :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

This

I’d feel a bit disingenuous slating all the content if I still enjoy playing every day.

Although there are niggles with communication, balancing and a lingering suspicion of profiteering, this is a game I’ve played almost every day for two years. If I don’t rate it highly, then more fool me for wasting my life on a product I think is rubbish.

Also, nice poll @nitrus

20 Likes

Not a fan of the extra 5 stages added to events. It’s so expensive in items and mats to get a decent score and finish loot tier 3. It was easier to get top100 with 10 stages than it is now to get top500 with 15 stages. If somebody is trying to win the event it got that much more expensive. Emblems are dog ■■■■. Just making the game more and more luck oriented. Alchemy lab such a waste of time most people didn’t even make one. I’m a huge fan of raid tournaments, but the bitter taste of the first raid tourney loot handouts hasn’t left my mouth yet. My body temperature rises when I think of people getting 100 emblems and multiple 4* ascension items because they got a higher loot tier than me from a worse performance. The costumes are stupid, just another money grab. Customer satisfaction is like 3 out of 10 for me. I like the game, but I don’t like the customer service. The rating would be much higher if they cared about their customers. I would easily give 8/10 stars if they weren’t so greedy. It really shows how little they care about their fan base with some of these changes. Matlantis is the only thing that gets a glowing review from me. That was a great implementation.

12 Likes

After the last bugs in the game - first the reward for watching ads missing, then impossibility to enter the game, now is the time to evaluate it.

How to evaluate costumes? we saw them only for two days - that’s too little information to make conclusions.

Hunter’s lodge gives new 4 * combat items, but they can’t be used at the legend event, this is very sad

1 Like

Hi,
Been playing since February 19, and still like most of the features.
The costumes, i don’t quite see the point. Most of my heroes are fine the way they are, imo.
Tournaments are fun, unbalanced but still enjoyable. Raids not so much.
Classes, emblems are a good feature.
The events are fine, not having played the non upgraded ones i can’t compare.
AR is really great, but i can see where at some point it wouldn’t be all that exciting.
Overall, it is a good game, with some annoying parts, but everything has some annoying features in life.:grin:
Have a merry and happy.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Feel the game is in a good place but i think some things could have done better of course but I’ve already been pretty expressive of that in other threads but I’ll summarize

Costumes:
Not sure i like the way classes transfer but i can live with it. Biggest improvement to be made: more possibilities of getting keys from other loot than just the costume quest. Right now they don’t really fit the mold. Treated like an event but without the rewards and competition. Cost the same as epic summons but really just summoning hero specific troops

Tournaments:
More variety in special rules
Better matchmaking
Increase the %s of the rewards
Extend strikes to 5 instead of 4

Events:
I actually have no complaints here. Feel the 4* mat thresholds are much easier to hit. Not as big of a draw on flasks or gems to do so and the low energy levels make perfect for event coin farming for f2p/c2p

Alchemy lab:
Train wreck
Would need completely reworked to be usable. Never should have been released from beta until it was improved

Hunters lodge:
Useless until bigger titans are released

Other new buildings:
Too expensive for the returns

SG communication has improved to the general public and their value of general population feedback has been shown more than in past years

All in all, I’m pretty content with 2019 E&P

27 Likes

I think costumes are a buff to s1 heroes to bridge the power creep gap before s3 and future hotm are released

9 Likes

@zephyr1 @rook

This is basically the type of “recap” i had in mind but wasnt sure how to do it

@nitrus

Thanks for putting this together in a simple format that still leaves the door open for discussion. Perfect.

15 Likes

Hi,
Still at the stage I’m at, the heroes that i ascent, is done because their abilities are what i need or want.
Changing their classe and ability is not my cup of tea.
Maybe once i start duplicates, then I’ll have to see if it fits into my plans.
Have a merry and happy.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Costumes fail because:

1. They are meant to buff the S1 heroes, which is fine, but they are priced beyond the rach of the players who regularly rely on S1 heroes.

2. Those that CAN afford to get the costumes are those less likely to need them as they already have the HOTM and event heroes that costumes were introduced to combat the power creep of.

I have no issue with the spenders getting the costumes. I do have an issue with them not being more readily available for players like me. 1.2 draws a month is not helping me much. Increasing the availablility of the keys would be a step int he right direction.

8 Likes

I would say after about 12 to 18 months in the game, the costumes will make much more sense

3 Likes

I disagree

1 big complaint of spenders is more heroes than 4* mats

Some of the costume buffs allow spenders to spend 4* mats on other heroes

A costumed +20 rigard for example allows me to spend 6 tabbards on seshat or another purple instead of kunchern or allows someone focused on titans to spend tabbards on someone else besides khiona etc etc

Situations like that are quite common for spenders, not to mention spenders are more likely to face stronger defenses in wars than non spenders

Though i do agree the keys need to be easier to obtain and the gem price is too high

4 Likes

I am a non spender and this is also my complaint.

Currently I have zero hidden blades even.

2 Likes

I have 3* mats up to my eyeballs

I’ll never have a satisfactory amount of tabbards or scopes though. So any 4* hero that can help that is welcomed in my roster. Maxed costume of 3 rigards, 1 melendor, and looking forward to seeing more costumes released(have a feeling kiril costume will have me regret maxing aegir)

Anyways I’m derailing the thread so be back soon

2 Likes

I’ve been playing since late January 2019 so I have no reference point to earlier. However, as Jonah and Rigs both stated, I too play daily and enjoy the experience overall.

Events are all good with me. The Challenge Events were hard when I was learning but at 15 levels, they feel fine. Just enough to make me feel like I need to put out extra effort to score well.

Emblems and Classes are a nice twist but I will always lag those who came before. There is a power curve that, even as a spender, I don’t believe I will be able to meet compared to the higher level players.

Wonderland is perfect. Possibly my favorite heroes from a design standpoint and all are very playable.

The advanced buildings, while being necessary to keep stronghold improvement as an ongoing concern, have room for improvement. Hunters lodge is fine but I doubt that I will bother with Alchemy Lab and get Hero Academy moving forward crying out loud.

Can’t remember the rest of the new content but wars are cool and raiding is hot and cold. I look forward to Season 3 despite still working on Season 2 Hard. Looking forward to more costumes. Despite not liking them at first, Gunnar has changed my mind.

How about an advanced TC that allows cooking Atlantis heroes or even older HOTMs of a certain age? Keep the event heroes locked to their events but cooking Season 2 or 2017 HOTM would be huge in helping the player base.

3 Likes

The 1% Whales are always satisfied. The rest of us have to grind it out to get ahead.

Talk about class warfare!

1 Like

This is what this game is about: grinding.

2 Likes

Positive things in my opinion

1- Clases
2- Atlantis Rising
3- Re-balancing some heroes

Positive but no so good implemented:

1- Tournaments

I think they should last less than they usually do.
That you cannot change your oponent.
Fighting a 3 star tournament against a full emblemed guy is not funny.

The rewards are not good .

2- Events like wonderland
Really poor odds even for non 5 stars heroes
really bad rewards besides the completition ones

3- Not good

Costumes. I think that costumes adds an extra life to forgotten heroes or those who dont see very much play.
However there are some things that are tedious.
1- leveling a costume from 0 . Leveling a costume for each hero you want to put It on. Why you need a ascencion mat to max the costume ? Its not practical
2- They should cost less gems
3- Keys are really hard to get rellying only in costume day quest . You should add them to everyday missions (chest , titan etc)
Its not funny to waste the same quantity of gems to pull x5 Bane . Fix the gems , odds or something.

1- Tournaments

Lol we really wanna make this about you being too cheap to spend money on something you enjoy?

1 Like