Unique Heroes

If you don’t bother about this, doesn’t mean others are fine too.
What about all the people who actually likes their hero for their secondary skill, and you suddently change them? What about they? You sure they found the new ability better?
And they are copycats, ok, so who change? Boril or Cyprian? Gormek or Grimm? Renfeld or Graymane? Kailani or Gunnar? And why one and not the other?

You don’t have to think if it is better or not, you have to think how many people find it unfair.

I build my team looking of the sinergy between my heroes, and many has do the same.
If you don’t take in consideration this, only thinking “more skills more fun” you play it wrong.

They can use the duplicate.
The ability could be worked on, but at least be unique of that level category.
Either one could be changed.

No matter what changes you bring to this game there will always be people that complain, but I believe most people would like this change.

If the Devs came up with abilities for the duplicated heroes in their respective category, in a thread poll to have people vote if whether or not they want a change I would be willing to bet you 2800 gems that most people would vote yes.

• If they don’t have the duplicate? That skill is simply gone for that people.
  • If you change the skill for the worst, that people complain. If you change for the best, the other people (who has the copycat hero) will complain. No matter how i look at it, someone will complain.
  • I don’t see people who complain about copycat heroes. I see people who propose (like you) to change their skills, but is not a really complain. On the other way, with this change you will see many people literally angry or even who leaves the game for this.

So, is it better have more people a little disappoint or much less very happy?

The game is always been like that and people get used on copycat heroes.
If you don’t change, nothing more or less change. If you do change, i don’t see good stuff to happen.

They can use the same hero duplicate the only thing is it’s the same color.

Like I said before, no matter what people will complain.

I’m only suggesting to change those heroes who are boring and who are basically the same thing just color difference, and make them unique in their specific category. People are generally frustrated because they invest a lot and they are unlucky with the draws.

There might be people disappoint but it might get more people excited.

The thing is - it’s not. There are skills that fulfill a specific niche and that’s why they’re desired. People invest to lower the defense of the enemy and it doesn’t matter if lowering the attack instead would give a bigger % or if the damage would be higher or whatever else. They NEED and WANT that hero to lower the defense. That’s why they have it, that’s why the invested in it. That’s why they often paid money for it.

If you buy a TV you want a TV not a microwave. Sure the food from the microwave might taste better than done in your current oven, but you needed a TV to watch stuff on. Not a food maker.

And no, people cannot use the same heroe’s duplicate. To ascend a hero to final level takes a lot of time and resources. If someone invested in blue hero with X skill they want their blue hero with X skill. Not have to roll for another color and dump another pile of resources into it.

I don’t understand why you can’t see our points and only say “it’s just your opinion”. We’re not giving just opinions - we’re also giving reasons. Many of them.

SG makes new heroes to get people excited. They will NOT demolish old compositions and heroes to make a few people who don’t care about synergy/don’t have the heroes happier at the cost of all of those who do. And that’s a good thing.

Back to the TV metaphor - you can’t just go into your customers house, take away their TV, give them a microwave (but it’s worth 100$ more! be happy!) and leave. Now they have a microwave 100$ more expensive than TV (that they cannot even sell) and no TV. How does that sound?

Feh.

2 Likes

This is really all it boils down to. I’ve invested a lot in the game, pushed my way up to 3rd in the world, but of course didn’t stay there long. I tried to see what I could rank up to on Wednesday and pushed my way to 5th. I have most of the 5* heroes in the game, but there are some that I still didn’t use (I’ve fed 2 Horghall’s to my Lianna, lol) but there are still 4* heroes that I’ve either never gotten, or haven’t leveled.

While a poll of all players will get mixed results, I promise you that a poll of the top few hundred players would get nearly zero votes for your idea, and given that these are the people spending the most money, that’s who SG is going to listen to.

Read my original post again, we are talking about a small percentage of the Heroes, specifically those who have duplicate abilities under same category but different colors, NOT ALL HEROES.

90% People invest money for those 5* heroes which there’s no problem in that category

And about the metaphor, you can’t go into someone’s house take his TV and give him a microwave, but you can go and offer them a 4k TV add-on, would they take it?

Unless we have a vote poll we never know.

If you want, take a look again at my original post, I’m not talking about ALL HEROES, only about a very small percentage, and specifically those who are virtually identical under different colors, and includes only 5 heroes in the 4* category.

I really believe you would be surprised, I’m eager for that vote poll but unfortunately I don’t think it will happen.

I have read your post, don’t need to read it again.

A 4K TV Addon would mean adding say 10% more defense reduction to Grimm but not Gormek. Gormek gets more HP to make up for it.

Why should players who get Grimm have a hero that does their needed thing better than Gormek? Gormek players don’t want to have a hero with more HP. They want to have a hero that reduces the defense.

But I can see you really just don’t understand the issue here and I don’t know how else to explain this to you. I’ve made it as clear as I could’ve so I’m going to leave this now cause I’ve nothing to add. I still think this idea is really bad, the poll is unnecessary, and luckily SG will not shoot themselves in the foot this way so in the grand scheme of things it just doesn’t matter to me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yup, that’s all there is to it.

No, it’s about making the hero unique that doesn’t mean buffing or nerfing its ability, I get your point about people investing, but 90% that invest, want the best in the game and that is 5* 4* troops, what i was suggesting ain’t affecting nobody.

And besides there are only a handful of heroes that I was referring to, and that would not be such a grand issue that you’re making it seem like.

Even if your discussion was limited to Grimm, Gormek, and Tiburtus, there are no feasible changes of the nature you’re requesting that would be well received, period. shrug that’s all there is to it.

I invested a lot of my time in this game, I have Gormek, I don’t have grimm or Tiburtus. I chose to ascend Gormek over Colen, even though I like Colen better for normal levels, I chose Gormek because I wanted his special ability for the titan. If you would change his special, I would be upset. If I had chosen Grimm over ascending Kiril, I would be upset too.
I hate your idea, even though I agree that having two heroes with the same ability on your team is a bit boring, I do have both Melendor and Sabinaon my team. Sabina is my only purple 4* so far and I don’t have enough tough shields to ascend another green one yet. So I play with both and even if it is a bit boring, it still works. And I do have them both maxed out (Sabina almost), I have no idea if I would still like them if you would change 1 of them, so no thanks. :grinning:

1 Like

The bold / italicized statement: I can’t for the life of me figure out how you reached that conclusion as it is 100% backwards from every online game I’ve played in the past 20 years.

You’re right some fraction of people will always complain regardless of something gets nerfed or buffed; however, outright changing the function of a hero unless it’s one that NOBODY uses annihilates the trust of the player base in the developer.

Once that trust is gone, so is the majority player base. That is not some random opinion, has been demonstrated many times and every single successful game developer understands this.

I could go further on how we invest scarce resources into specific heroes blah blah blah, but the fact is your entire premise: that the majority of people wouldn’t throw an absolute screaming fit at Small Giant, is flawed.

2 Likes

They already are slightly different because of the different colors. Next time you have a green Titan try using Gormek drop your blue and put in another red hero. Then try Grimm in place of Gormek instead, let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

I’m not being mean or anything, unique heroes are nice but I do think your strategy now may be lacking a bit, focusing on having just one solid team. I promise you there is value in all three as they are when you start subbing things in and out and playing with color a bit more.

1 Like

That’s actually a really good point, and a critical one in team building. Fewer and fewer people are using a full rainbow team for raids and titans. I typically run two red, two blue, and a yellow in most of my raids, and swap the mixup depending on who I’m fighting.

1 Like

I, for one, like the overlapping abilitied as are.

Using Gormek and Grimm in my titan battles helps keep defende constantly suppressed, for example.

Also, against Titans a different color it helps me continue to have an effective and impactful use of a character with that ability.

You seem to say often to people in a reply that that’s just their opinion, and so the same as that this is yours. However, it seems to me that most people that have replied do not share yours.[Uploa

1 Like

I would not welcome changes to MY heroes. Heroes I have spent countless hours and quite a few ascension items on…to have them suddenly change from what I have labored on to something else. I would be furious.

Penari has given several excellent reasons why this wouldn’t be accepted by the general playing public, and I agree with her.

Your argument thus far has been, i think that X Heroes and their abilities are boring, so i think that they should be changed. It is clear even from this thread alone that there are many who disagree with you. Perhaps they have good reasons? You don’t have to agree with someone else to understand their objections.

Wait. boldtusk has a def debuff??? What kind of Russian hack is this!!! Ok. Sorry. I’ll just shut up.

Btw. Just keep spending money. Eventually you’ll get whatever you want. Pretty simple.

1 Like

I get stuff for free…what am I doing wrong? :wink:

1 Like