Unfair treatment in the Path of Valor re defeating TITANs

Thanks :slight_smile: It doesnt say in the first post how many summons that are needed by the way, it only mention how many titans that are needed to be defeated.

Have a look at the main Path of Valor thread rather than this one for that information.

This thread = complaint & discussion thread

Full PoV discussion thread:

2 Likes

I donā€™t really care much about PoV.

Iā€™m not going to complain at all about getting extra free loot for doing stuff I would normally do anyway.

Iā€™m not going to complain about how people who pay for the premium path get a lot more stuff than those who donā€™t.

I wonā€™t waste time complaining about how the PoV quests try to ā€œcompelā€ me to take part in things I donā€™t want to take part in, to craft battle items I donā€™t need, to use battle items that I do need but have been saving them for when I actually need to use them vs. throwing them away on some random quest just to complete a PoV daily, to waste WE flags completing quests and province stages that I would otherwise have no legitimate reason to complete, etc. etc.

There are a lot of things about PoV that I think are stupid and pointless, but some people seem to like it and think the rewards are worth it, so thatā€™s cool. More power to them. I weigh the options, cost vs. reward, if I donā€™t feel itā€™s worth it? I donā€™t do it. Simple as that.

Yeah so Iā€™ll never finish it. Donā€™t really care. The rewards arenā€™t really worth the effort for me anyway.

ā€¦ now that my general Valor rant is over, Iā€™m going to address the particular complaint point in this thread specifically.

Those of you who know me, probably already know that Iā€™m prone to posting controversial opinions, some of which might appear to contradict my other opinions.

Ordinarily, Iā€™d say that ā€œyes, PoV is unfair, needs to be adjusted,ā€ blah blah blah. And yeah, that would be my overall opinion on it. But regarding this particular complaintā€¦ Iā€™m very sorry to say this, itā€™s not that Iā€™m unsympathetic to your concerns, butā€¦

If someone is only in your alliance for the loot, and theyā€™re willing to leave over something as stupid as a shiny PoV reward, you should be thankful that they left, not complaining about it. Because theyā€™re obviously only looking out for themselves, and selfish players make for horrible teammates anyway.

42f3c297041f68df59c1a3643da43f85

5 Likes

Thanks for that :slight_smile: I did see another thread where it was mentioned how many summons that were needed, and some other information, but i didnt see the thread that you linked to.

I just wanted to reply to the guy earlier to say that the first post in this thread didnt have the information, and thats why i asked to begin with :slight_smile:

It is possible to sayā€¦ Yes PoV titans needs to be adjusted AND agree totally with your last paragraphā€¦ which I do!

Thereā€™s a lot of things about PoV that should probably be adjusted. But I stand firmly by my last point.

I guess it all comes down to why youā€™re forming and/or joining an alliance in the first place. If itā€™s all about the loot? Fine, go ahead and tryhard and set increasingly high expectations of all your members. Kick out those who ā€œarenā€™t carrying their weightā€. You can go full-on hardcore competition if thatā€™s what youā€™re into. Many people play games for that reason alone. But if thatā€™s the entire raison dā€™etre for your alliance? Donā€™t be surprised when your members leave at the first sign of opportunity elsewhere.

I donā€™t care for that ideology personally, so I donā€™t run my alliance that way. Of course there is a fine line between being too lenient vs. too demanding, and thatā€™s a line that every leader must set for their own alliance, and hope that the majority of their alliance is on the same page (otherwise risk mutiny or a mass exodus). But when you see the way most people on here describe their alliances in recruiting and suchā€¦ they call themselves family.

Do you abandon your own family because some other family has better loot? Do you kick a member out of your family because they failed to hit a titan?

Either Alliance = Family or it doesnā€™t. Family means love, comradery, loyalty, and oftentimes, it means having to forgive each othersā€™ flaws.

No, my alliance canā€™t now, nor will we probably ever be able to kill 14* titans or make it onto the top alliance leaderboards. But I donā€™t care about those things nearly as much as I care about them. Being in the company of people I like and respect and get along with is far more important than any amount of game loot will ever be.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s the 30-day update, and we are?..

Exactly where I predicted my alliance to be at this point. 12 titans defeated in 15 days. 85% health and 20 1/2 hours remain on our current 7* titan, so by my calculation, the remaining 11 titans to finish the Defeat Titans Challenge should fall with about 6 days remaining in Path of Valor I.

1 Like

This is the scary part. Having 16 days to kill 9 titans, we mainly do 11* and usually canā€™t kill 12* unless we have some big hits. This means with about 15 more titans we can miss 6. Currently we have a 11* green titan, shouldnā€™t be a problem, but I know we will get bumped soon to 12*

1 Like

So plan to let one go so you can drop back down. Youā€™re at the point where you really only need to kill 2/3.

1 Like

You are currently fighting an 11*, which you assume you can kill. After killing that titan you will get 16 more, and you only need to kill 8 of them.

2 Likes

My issue is that it forces you to depend on others to complete this path. Iā€™m an active player and sometimes not everyone participates and it screws us over with higher Titans. I rather have the challenges geared towards personal achievements and not reliant on team ones.

2 Likes