Unfair raids, stacking colors and no tiles

Check out my war boards :grin::grin::grin:. No fairy tale for me, I lost both fare and square. Undoubtful the worst war I ever had…

Screenshot_20200319-024740_Empires

1 Like

I was using one of my mono red teams to finish a damaged team and my opening board had literally 0 red tiles. I thought the opening board had to have at least 1?

1 Like

In almost every war this happens to me 2-3 times

I had thought that the board generation algorithm made it so there was a minimum of 1 tile per element with an opening board (from what I had read), but I guess not

Bad opening boards make it very difficult to win but not impossible:

You can start with absolutely zero tiles of your color but sometimes, if you stick with it, you catch lucky and things turn out just fine:

2 Likes

One definition of skill is to be able to manipulate an unfavorable starting board to minimize the damage and bring in some more favorable tiles

1 Like

That was the first time I had that happen in over 2yrs, and wasn’t sure if it was a bug, but I guess not based on it happening to others as well. I have always had at least 1 tile of an element, must have been lucky not to have it happen prior.

I do read a decent amount of these threads and had thought every starting board had to have at least 1 element tile.

I want trying to come across as complaining, sorry if that’s how it did.

1 Like

It happened the same with me. I keep capture the screens then I found this post. I’m not the only one. I hope the V28 will bring us better luck.

No worries. I never heard that bit about tile requirements but I didn’t take your post as complaining.

I’ve seen others complain though and just took the opportunity to post proof of potential success. I wish that I would have recorded it but at least I grabbed the opening screenshot.

Good luck!

1 Like

yea, my defenses are pretty good. i’ll let that slide that the other teams got lucky. however, when i am attacking, it doesn’t matter what troops i am stacked with and whatnot, if i am not getting any useful tiles, there’s no point. Right now, blue seems to be the stickler. If i don’t have a blue hero, the majority of the tiles will be blue. if i add a blue hero in a rematch, i won’t get any usable blue tiles. this game is ridiculous.

How about just not fun raids instead of saying unfair. Due to the lack of red hitters, unless you have heavy emblemed 5’s you are almost literally forced to stack to take out teams with telluria, ursena, or kunchen.

I understand about hero links and the lot but making your own game go against it’s own fundamentals by pushing players into forms of battle that they will not be comfortable with unless they have certain heroes is by far killing the game slowly. U have to have teams full of +10 or more emblems just to try to hang with the highest level +18 across teams and the matches are almost open and shut. I used to have battles go to the timers in great defensive stands, now that is so rare you can almost believe it never happened.

There is nothing wrong with changing a meta, it is something wrong when the meta has color emphasis and players who were not playing with certain heroes were realeased are at way worse of a disadvantage than before emblems.

The power creep is one thing but with the amount of hero skills avaiable for use and the limitations of the vanilla heroes it just simply NOT FUN and that phrase will kill this game when it should have been going in the opposite direction.

You released a very good hero with two few counters and a whole new emphasis on dots and minions with very little that beginning players can do about these things. The game and seasons are totally playable with season one heroes all the way through the bosses and most of the events can be strategized through, but I have to plan way more as 5 extra levels and 1 more day is a lot for people to try to finish.

Raiding used to e my favorite part of the game besides wars. After running 2 months of extensive tests, unless you have regular +12 and above enblemed heroes to go with a few +20 4’s as soon as those emblems are +18 across, unless you stacking heavy, you can almost hang it up. All bad boards are punished in a fashion that makes a person not even wanna try and that is just not working out.

There was a quiet time where complaints had somewhat died down but ever since the Francois travesty, it’s just not the same in the forums or in the game. SG is shooting themselves in the foot just as the world is trying to burn itself down…irony at its finest.a

1 Like