Unfair raids, stacking colors and no tiles

The title is a bit misleading. I have seen complaints like that and while I don’t believe it I also have some pics for those who think no tiles at start of your color is a no win. I was raiding with my rainbow team but swapped some 5s for blue. I should have recorded it but only got before and after screens. Let the comments begin…lol

5 Likes

Well, I have never seen no tiles of the main colour at the start, but as you have won the fight against a much better team, Iam pretty sure there have been a couple of blue tiles between those two screenshots…

2 Likes

Meanwhile (this morning) somewhere far far away…

https://streamable.com/2foab

4 Likes

Sometimes the board just likes to screw with people lol! :laughing:

2 Likes

Funny thing is I had a ton of diamonds in every color including blue. It was mainly to show those that think sg does it on purpose to make you buy more heroes. I replied to that idea that wouldn’t they just give you more mismatched tiles for the new heroes too. But people want to blame others instead of accepting that we all lose. I made it to 442 global and 52 local US but lost when I logged back in. There is 1 tried and true method to beat the anti stack. Use a rainbow attack you’ll get colors to match. I do it often and win. That’s how I got to 442 global. No flasks either. And wasn’t trying to get up just happened to.

1 Like

I’m getting fed up with raids, because it does basically come down to chance, and the board you are delt. There are times where I go up against a much stronger team, and sure I win (sometimes) because I was dealt a great board. But more so I go up against much weaker, or equal teams and get slaughtered because of the crappy boards I’m delt. Raids need to deal less on chance, and more on team matching.

How do you propose team matching to work? I like being able to beat stronger teams but that also means I can lose to weaker ones. Its a match 3 game so chance is central. That’s like asking candy crush to use a different mechanic for its play. The heroes are a mechanic built on top of the tiles to make it a deeper game. Heroes vs heroes does exist already. Mortal kombat, street fighter, etc. I’m guessing your fairly new but hopefully you keep playing ot gets better but you will always have chance involved. Even in diamond you can win and lose. If we didn’t have chance in it the game would end. Think about it at upper levels. Eventually everyone has same heroes like zeline, gm, guin, aegir, Seshat. What would happen when everyone had equal heroes? I could take exact team as enemy and win or lose from board. Yes there’s a little skill making diamond or dragons but otherwise its really lots of RNG. Keep playing…

1 Like

I’m not saying to remove all chance from the raids. But when you play teams that you should be able to beat fairly easy. And they out hit you 6 to 1, somethings not right. I have been playing for almost a year now, and struggling to stay in the gold tier.

To be fair, @Laughnjay any team can be beaten. I’ve been playing since January and am quite happy in diamond now.

I have set teams for the different coloured tanks I might face and will switch in different heros depending on the opposition lineup. Will I need def down? dispellers? cleansers? I don’t win all my raids, yes the tiles don’t always match my 3x2, 4x1 or 3x1x1 combination of heros, but I win more than I lose.

1 Like

5 colors and a true random board to begin with will imply that when you stack 1 out of 5 boards will be bad and 1 out of 5 will be really good. The others wil be i between. But most will not be 'n optimal board. With six raid flags you might get one good board. The key is to plan your strategy, be willing to adapt and if it does not turn out right… It is a game… Test the same strategy against similar setups until you maximize your win loose ratio.

2 Likes

One example more:

bad luck on start:

Not much better on final shot:

But in between I have been able to build three blue diamonds.

So also if your raid starts with a bad board, this doesn’t mean anything.

3 Likes

@ll2000sr In your first screenshot, I would have went for the purple diamond right away. In my experience, how your board was in that first one would have given way to an excellent cascade that would have brought up blue tiles and did a very BIG combo. Then again, the opposite can be true as well.

Last one kinda looks like the board just gave you the finger.

2 Likes

Too bad I didn’t record, I did the purple diamond and created a chain reaction with a green diamond, which both directly blowed up and cleaned the complete board.

1 Like

Post your roster and your defense, and maybe we can give you some help.

1 Like

The problema is not only the color but also the display on the board and the enemy héroes, I´m pretty sure most of us have dealt with the problem that our Green tiles are in front of a red hero and our blue in front of a Green enemy….

3 Likes

@Peazomanco lol, yes that happens too often.

i’m losing interest in the game. i am lvl 44, my vip package expires in a day or so and i haven’t been able to win any raids or tourneys for almost a week. it is so predictable, too. if i leave a colour hero off the team, my boards will be mostly that coloured tiles. if i include all the colours, i get absolutely no combos, at all. it also seems like my mana refill rates also change depending on the opponent. i’ll go against someone with the same hero at the same level and that one will be able to get at least 5 shots off before i can even get one. this isn’t an exaggeration. in one day, i lost over 400 cups to everyone that attacked me, and not a single revenge strike was a winner. and i am playing with a team of at least 3700 point power. i am losing to teams of 4100 to 3200. this is so… ugh

i get it’s supposed to be a bit difficult, but this is stupid.

1 Like

You might want to share pics of your defense team to get some advice. Strengthening your defense team will help you keep more cups in your watch tower.

Similarly, getting advice on team composition for raiding would help too. There is already a lot of advice on the forum.

Also, being part of a supportive alliance is probably the best piece of advice I’d offer.

1 Like

Not so bad as it seems, Because you have an immediate chance, on startup, to take out 3 green, and 5 purple making a diamond purple in a single move, and so having the chance to remove all purple gems (increasing Domitia mana) in two moves. Also removing purples probably would also help you to remove other greens with chains. There are even worser init, when you can do only isolated triplettes with no easy chains and color cycling, allowing you to do nothing except increasing opponent mana.

However, congratulations for your victory :+1:

1 Like

Well, almost 6 month old, but I am pretty sure the impression to post this comment was to show that the total amount of tiles on the starting board is not the only thing that matters.

1 Like