Unfair Opponent?- War single hero team

Hi,
Unfortunately, our opponents do not understand the meaning of the game in this * war, or is it funny to position your team so that the opponent can not hold a fair fight?

!
Thanks for read… :blush:

1 Like

Easy win for you if you ignore Trap teams for juicier strong teams:

2 Likes

Unfair for them if they’re really ignorant enough to use 1 hero defense teams lol…

You should be killing any alliance that does that. They’re giving you a free win!

3 Likes

Being an easy victory doesn’t make it fun. If you’re playing a pickup basketball game and a bunch of 13 year olds show up and you cream them 11-0, was it fun?

5 Likes

Probably kinda fun… but it could be more fun…

4 Likes

Totally globetrotters time :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

If they did that with all of their teams, then it’s any easy win even if it’s not fun. I suspect that it’s only a couple like that in the entire alliance, in which case those poeple probably have weak teams and the alliance wants to spread the points to stronger ones.

Also - how many times are we going to discuss this exact same thing? My guess is every war until the new regulations come into play requiring 5 member defense teams.

2 Likes

I believe this is a purposeful strategy that needs to be addressed. If they only place one hero, there should be a point penalty or rather reward for the opponent.

ie: Only 1 defender in war - +20pt completion bonus (in addition to the current 5/5 points)
2 defenders +15points etc…

By only placing one hero, alliances with weak defensive players can limit the points possible to gain from war and only place full teams for the top 10 members… making it difficult to win unless you do the same or have an alliance with roughly equal members.

Our alliance is currently up against an alliance ( CCCP* ) that does the same thing, and has 7 teams that are only worth 6points or less.

More and more alliances will continue to do so until they are penalized if they choose to place only a few defenders.

1 Like

The penalty comes when a smarter or better coordinated alliance hands them a whuppin’

4 Likes

Focus your attacks on their stronger teams, since that’s where the points are. Use your weakest teams to finish off stragglers

3 Likes

This is being addressed in the next major (1.12) update, both w.r.t. AW defense team size and bonus points.

6 Likes

No, placing a 1 hero defense DOES NOT limit the amount of points you can get from that alliance. Why do people still believe this? I’m seriously baffled… yes those 7 teams are worth 6 points, but the other full teams are worth MORE points.

2 Likes

Thank you for your helpful feedback … well let’s see what happens next … have a nice day all of you :blush:

Yes, that was fun. Nothing more fun than that. A question of taste, though.

1 Like

Yes… I get that the overall points are the same… but makes it more difficult for our mid-level players to enjoy war. And near impossible if mixed 3*/4* teams have only 5* team options to face. Leaves them with a few single healer teams worth 4 - 6 points. Our matches have been getting better and better as far as level of players, but when they choose to skirt the idea of war by exploiting single hero defense for all their alliance members who are lower, it drains the fun.

Your point is 100% correct. I still think it should be changed for the reasons above.

Just out of Curiosity, are you an old D.A.O.C. player?

1 Like

points available are the same regardless of how a team is set up. if some drop to one hero then others have to absorb their points. however the defense teams are set up the amount of points available between the alliance is the same for both teams

1 Like

Well, I see how it could be a bigger issue for the more mixed alliances. And yes, I did play Dark Age of Camelot, for 8 long years…

2 Likes

Man I miss that game. Had 3 accounts. :slight_smile: Had so much fun there… mostly before Atlantis… but kept playing through all the changes and downspiral of consolidations, etc … finally threw in the towel in 05 Just before starting Dental School as I knew I couldn’t do both. :slight_smile:

< Sorry to hijack thread for nostalgic random tangent >

1 Like

the only thing unfair is that you miss out of an exciting war. The opposing team is surrendering to you. With opponents like that, you’ve won- it’s not at all a favorable strategy for them. Maybe if winning a war provided a more favorable reward, fewer people would do it. Maybe they are ignorant and believe they would win, but that really can’t be helped- people will play poorly no matter what rules are in place.

However, this is the least of matchmaking problems. There are active teams that play that simply cannot be matched against teams that would make a close fight. The algorithm is being updated and hopefully this will be addressed, but I fear that there will be no perfect way to ensure this.

Cookie Settings