“Undo” for heroes to return ascension mats / “Reset Token” for ascension mats that would work like a Reset Emblem does for emblems

I would really like a feature that allows me to “undo” the ascension of a hero. … have you ever spent (lots of) time, effort, precious materials and whatnot to ascend an hero telling yourself “he needs to be higher before he can really shine”… only to find out he/she just never will?
I would like the opportunity to just demote him/her and recover my precious materials.
Maybe lock the hero for a long time or even forever after the demotion so you cannot “play games” and shuffle one set of materials around as needed. But PLEASE give me a chance for redemption when I realize I totally screwed up (all allusions to guardian owl are purely accidental)

This is a feature I’ve thought about a few times, admittedly due to my own reckless stupidity. Sometimes I forget to favorite certain 3* heroes (and once or twice it has been a 4* and 5*) and they end up being spinach for my in-progress heroes. And then I realize what I’ve done. And I sulk in shame for a few hours. I understand that an undo feature might be a little much, but I’d be okay if it came with a penalty for using it—perhaps maybe a small amount of gems to undo your most recent level up.

With very very limited 4* ascension materials and you will never know what 5* heroes you get in the future, I hope there is an option to revert back ascended hero to his/her former stage and get the ascension materials back so we can use them for the new heroes.

5 Likes

I like it… imagine how hard it would be to hit the “undo” button on a fully leveled 5* thinking about the hams and feeder heroes needed to get the 173,484 needed experience to go to level 80. But I would do it to swap Sartana 4/80 to 3/70 to get a Panther from 3/70 to 4/80!

5 Likes

Yes the undo or revert back option will cost players dearly but a good price to pay when given other much better hero. Though i would not trade 4/80 sartana for 4/01 panther tempting as it is lol. I love my sartana and will wait for panther. What i am torn now is between toth amun and aeron. I wish i could try it out first which one will be better!

3 Likes

I am surprised that this idea did not get more traction… well i suppose that it is time to un-vote so I can turn my attention elsewhere.

Well they have the undo for talents… so why not!

2 Likes

@zephyr1 @Rook et al possible merge here? Ability to reverse/undo an accidental feeding of a hero

@LadyAnesthesia These appear to be two related but notably different suggestions.

This one is requesting the ability to undo an ascension and get back mats. The other one you linked is asking to be able to undo accidental feedings to recover the hero used for feeding.

I think they’re different enough to leave separate. :slight_smile:

But I’m going to edit the titles to make it clearer.

3 Likes

thanks for taking a look @zephyr1! got to keep you busy in your new moderator role :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m actually surprised that a “reset and return mats” token hasn’t been introduced into the game yet. SGG could even offer them for sale to the extent they’d ever worry about lost income due to “already” purchased ascension mats being recycled. But the fact remains, until G. Owl gets a huge buff, everyone who’s fed him orbs is going to regret it!

3 Likes

I think it’s been suggested elsewhere, but the equivalent of a Reset Emblem would be great. Make them very rare drops, with each account gifted one reset.

While the reset would return the ascenion materials to your inventory, it would not return the food or training heroes used, so it would not be a costless reset.

14 Likes

It was actually requested as a present from Santa

7 Likes

Since we have a reset option for class emblems, how about a single level ascention roll back token?
You lose all the food and heroes used to lvl, but gain the ascension materials back.

How many of us have finalled a hero only to get a better one shortly after… but have not mats for…?

Can sell the tokens in the shop for x gems. So money possibilty there for sg…

Yeah i support this, loosing all the food, recruits and training heroes used seem like a good compromise.
You could even make the card implode after you get the AMs, so you wouldn’t have that hero anymore as a penalty [even if it is kinda extreme :scream:].

5 Likes

Good day ,
I did look around but didn’t see any topics like this, but if there is, mods kindly merge if appropriate.
I know a new alchemy building and other buildings are rolling out later this year but is there a recycling building? :office:

It works this way:
Chose a hero one doesn’t want that is leveled /ascended ( cough Azlar cough). Put them in the recycling building, it destroys the hero, but gives back the Ascension materials ONLY. :arrows_counterclockwise:

If he was only ascended 3* - gloves given , hidden blades given back
If he was on final ascension,- rings , etc given

Just because 5* ascension materials are far and in-between ( unless you buy em on IGP) and we’ve all made mistakes on ascension of heroes of choice … or at least I have.

That is all. :memo:

5 Likes

Hi there
It occurred to me it would be cool to have a way to get back your AM in the case when you max a 5* hero but later regret it.
Something similar to the reset emblem for class emblems.
At least getting back the 4* AM (scopes, tabards…maybe blades and tomes…)
For example, I maxed Kunchen recently, I did that out of excitement of getting him…but now I realize he‘s not really fitting my gameplay and mostly seats on my bench.
I‘d love to get a way to rollback this move and give the tabards to someone else…

1 Like

Trade in Ascension Mats like you can for Emblems

If you get better heroes later in the game, please allow ascension materials to be removed from the hero it is on.

The penalty would be that the hero will lose all the levels attained along with the food used for ascension.

For example, if you have a Thorne maxed at tier 4/80.
Remove the 6 telescopes, 4 capes, 1 tome of tactics and 1 Damascus blade and put back into your inventory.
Thorne would lose all the levels attained so he would be at tier 3/70.

This will allow people to experiment and try out heroes instead of hoarding materials sometimes for months and never fully utilize some of their heroes.

My situation is I’m sitting on 5 rings and undecided between Marjana (been sitting on 3/70 for 3 months) and QoH. Also have Mitsuko and there’s always the hope for GM.

I’d like to be able to ascend QoH to tier 4 once I get the 6th ring, try her with some of my other heroes and leave her ascended or remove the materials to try on another red hero.

4 Likes

This belongs in the ideas section @Kerridoc

But if they did, I would be fine with 5 items, 3 items, and the tome and blade back… that penalty would be pretty cheap but significant

4 Likes

Basically a Reset Emblem for ascension mats. I’m on board. There’s a big cost of dropping a hero from 4/80 to 3/70: a huge pile of hams and feeders. Skimming off one of the color-specific mats plus all those hams/feeders would be penalty enough.

6 Likes