Undispellable defense buff & debuff

I was going to post this on bugs forum, but instead I decided to mention it here, since I’m not sure if it is intended or not. also if this isn’t intended our mod friends would simply move this to the place it should be.

imagine White Rabbit against Krampus (non costume), if you hit Krampus before he casts his special, White Rabbit’s undispellable defense down debuff should stay untouched even after Krampus casts his special. and if you’re late, Krampus would cast his undispellable defense up buff and Rabbit’s defense down wouldn’t be effective.

but this doesn’t seem to work. Krampus overrides the defense debuff and casts his undispellable defense up buff. and if you attack with Rabbit after Krampus shields up, now Rabbit overrides with defense down.

a similar but easy to absorb behaviour was Zircon’s shield with dispel protection being overridden by any defense down. but I convinced myself that it wasn’t a dispel, it was a new effect that is overriding the old one. so the rule back then for the defense buff/debuff was if it is dispellable, it can be overridden with opposite effect.

should undispellable defense status effects be easily overridden by their opposite effects?

I think this new behaviour surfaced after a couple update ago, that brings undispellable buffs would refresh their duration if they are recast before active buff decays.

what’s your opinion?

1 Like

20 chars and shades of a(greey)

1 Like

See thread I made in bugs prevoiusly

This change is annoying to me, but it is what it is. I’ve just started using Rabbit after Krampus :rabbit:

4 Likes

Should? I feel like no, but that is at least partially conditioned by how it used to work.

Agree it is a side effect of renewing undispellables.

My opinion in the end is that it best to accept it and to use it to our advantage, casting the undispellable downs over the undispellable ups, at least until it changes again

1 Like

i’m pretty sure the first part is a bug. whichever uncleansable ailment/ undispellable buff wins the race should be the one that persists, even against attempt to overwrite it by the opposing undispellable buff/ uncleansable ailment.

the second part is intended AFAIK. dispel immunity is not the same thing as ailment protection, so Zircon, C. Belith, and Brynhild won’t protect against the opposing ailment. it’s partially why i use Mist against Brynhild in a lot of 4* tournaments.

2 Likes

apparently I don’t know how to search the forums. I am unable to find anything I’m looking for :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: bad keywords I guess

2 Likes

I’m ok with it. if they won’t change the behaviour again. :+1:

1 Like

an eternal struggle :laughing:

1 Like

yea i came to terms with the second scenario and it makes sense.

but undispellable defense being overridden with defense down still doesn’t sink in

If that’s the case, it makes Guan yu even worse. Was never impressed by his skill and I thought he has at least a niche to counter krampus’s undispellable defence

1 Like

FYI
We now have Staff clarification on the subject

2 Likes

White rabbits def down is uncleansable not undespellable so krampus def up will override it.

1 Like