Understanding DoT (Damage over Time)

@littleKAF Thank you! Clearly I was searching for the wrong terms in the forum. This is helpful in understanding why I sometimes would see a player run with two HoTM, for example.

1 Like

I have Aruna and colen Both with same Especially if I activate Aruna and deposited COLEN accumulates the damage only after shifts ??

1 Like

Who is Aruna?
I don’t understand your question.

1 Like

this and ARUNA

2 Likes

Ah got it now. He is called Azlar in English version.

The fire damage do not add. They overwrite each other. Only the second one is active.

1 Like

We still have the classic Tumbler Digger.

I would say it’s GM =Gravemaker = escavador de túmulos in BR…
Translating escavador de túmulos to English gives you tumbler digger I guess…

1 Like

Thanks I already knew it was to take a screenshot and send it to the group , there are players who do not know and insist on saying that accumulates

1 Like

I am sorry to have to refute such an incredible post but what you say about the dot in the letter change of natalya is not correct

First the change is an error and this was done with the entry of Vlad from Marlovia in August 2017
second the troops if they affect this error and generate a change
third this error happens with heroes that have a fixed damage value and not a percentage (variable value)
Fourth, if it were not an error, this should also work in healers with dizfraz and others, which does not do so since the change of the values of healers from percentage to fixed was recently introduced and when changing the game code they did it correctly.
Still you have doubts about this I leave you a video that shows what I say

@ratabboypda - I hope this portion helps, then see the math at the end.

In watching your video, I notice you are using a level 16 critical troop. That has a +17% attack boost (see Kerb's 4* Troop leveling chart, hurray!).

30 x 1.17 = 35.1 which rounds to 35, exactly as this post states. I hope this helps you.

4 Likes

schrödinger math and why it doesn’t help

thanks for taking the time to respond
the video is an example and here I show you others
that following the path of the hit increase talent network increases the fixed damage which you wrote should not be so and I agree it should not be so !!! 1
And that is the problem

• why put on the hero’s card, that some have a value that is calculated with a variable (attack = percentage of the hero’s special power according to hero’s attack value)
    and others have a fixed value, this implies that they are different that it does not have a variable value and that its power will not be able to be modified.

However, in the case of attack heroes, the two behave exactly the same, so why the difference in the card?
Because there is a difference between a power that takes the percentage variable over the attack and another that is fixed without a variable. but does both work the same why doesn’t this apply to healers ??

because in the healers we have heroes that their special power is with the percentage variable which act in that way
and then we have the heroes who have a fixed value healing which does not matter if we give him the talent network or we put a troop that improves the values ​​this does not change
the two cards have exactly the same explanation the only variation is that one is attack and the other is healing
so why are they different?
they are doing a schrödinger math
saying that a result can be one way and following the exact same calculation the result will change because that is mathematically impossible
it is like telling a primary school child and using basic mathematics does not advance, quantum, etc.
that 2 + 2 = 4 but also 2 + 2 = 458786214 and that is correct.

1 Like

I agree that the cards could (and probably should) be more clear, but this is not something new. For many longtime players we know that all damage scales with modifiers (troops, emblems, etc) and we’ve dealt with it.

This isn’t game breaking even if it could be more clear, and in my mind there are much bigger problems for the devs to be figuring out (HA, the broken AL, better script writing, etc).

2 Likes

I find it interesting that we have proof the Devs were informed about scaling DOT with attack stat, but they never replied ( linky, linky ).

Cross posting here for future reference.

Based on the information in this thread I propose the following formula for DoT calculation:

• DoT = hero‘s DoT factor x hero‘s attack value x (1 + troop attack bonus) x defense team bonus (round down the result)

and

• DoT/turn = hero‘s DoT factor x hero‘s attack value x (1 + troop attack bonus) / DoT turns x defense team bonus (round down the result)

hero‘s DoT factor = the DoT factor of the hero
hero‘s attack value= the attack value from the hero card
troop attack bonus = the attack bonus from the hero‘s troops
DoT turns = the number of turns the DoT will be active
defense team bonus = 1.2 for the defending team, 1.0 for the attacking team

Example calculation for a maxed Azlar, no emblems, level 15 crit troops in the defending team:
DoT/turn = 0.456 x 793 Atk x (1 + 16%) / 6 turns x 1.2 = 83 damage /turn (=498 damage total)

The DoT factors then look approximately like this (sorted by DoT factor):

I found that the DoT factors are slightly lower for heroes that haven’t maxed their specials and that are not on their highest ascension level. Without those the curves look very linear (DoT/turn is used for better comparison of the various DoT heroes):

(“Azlar” data is from Azlar, Colen and Marjana; “GM” data is from Gravemaker and Jean-Francois)

4 Likes

Hiya @Zack;

This formula you propose, did you test it for validity? like does it check-out?

3 Likes

Hi Guvnor!

Yes, I did some tests. It’s now based on 160 values for the attacking team (card value or with troop during raid) and 27 values for the defending team. For each hero I have 1-16 DoT values.

For example, here’s Azlar:
grafik

Five DoT/turn values deviate by 1 point of damage, Locke’s two indicative values deviate by 0.25 and 0.5. The rest fits exactly. Here’s the comparison of actual values and calculated values, including a straight line for y=x:
grafik

As this fits so well, I went ahead with DoT factors for each of these heroes, despite having only 1 value for some of them (Jahangir, Nashgar, Hisan, Arman, Valeria, Kvasir, Cheshire Cat, Jabbar, Vlad)

I can get a little bit more data with my own Jahangir, Nashgar, Arman and Cheshire Cat, but the rest is hard to get.

Please test this formula yourself. Feedback on the performance of the DoT formula is very welcome. The DoT formula just seems too simple to be true when compared to the normal damage formula :laughing:

5 Likes

I just figured this out for myself with Boril’s special. lol.

1 Like

The formula works nearly perfectly for me. The few minimal deviations probably come from different rounding and from slight differences to the actual DoT factors.

• DoT/turn = hero‘s DoT factor x hero‘s attack value x (1 + troop attack bonus) / DoT turns x defense team bonus (round down the result)

All new data points matched well (in a few cases the DoT/turn still deviates by 1), and I adapted a few of the DOT factors due to more data points.
Sartana: from 0.426 -> 0.4255
Tyr: from 0.259 -> 0.26
Rumpelstiltskin: from 0.215 -> 0.213
Rana and Yunan: from 0.55 -> 0.549
Vlad: corrected from 0.165 / 0.315 / 0.8 -> 0.18 / 0.32 / 0.802

With the new costumes the overview looks like this

The table is now based on 335 data points.
Lady Locke: 6 attack data / 1 defense data
Natalya: 5 / 4
Morgan: 7 / 2
Yunan: 4 / 0
Rana: 8 / 1
Kelile: 11 / 0
Azlar costume: 1 / 0
Proteus: 15 / 1
Azlar: 14 / 10
Colen: 15 / 1
Marjana: 17 / 15
Sartana: 12 / 20
Cheshire Cat: 4 / 0
Domitia costume: 1 / 0
Gravemaker: 14 / 13
Jean-Francois: 11 / 4
Gafar: 3 / 0
Jabbar: 1 / 0
Jabberwock: 10 / 1
Clarissa: 12 / 2
Vela: 15 / 15
Tyr: 7 / 2
Nashgar: 3 / 0
Layla: 6 / 0
Jahangir: 4 / 0
Oberon: 5 / 0
Rumpelstiltskin: 7 / 0
Hisan: 3 / 0
Arman: 4 / 0
Balthazar costume: 1 / 0
Karil costume: 1 / 0
Kvasir: 5 / 0
Vlad: 3 / 0
Valeria: 1 / 0
Victor: 6 / 1

Was Morgan’s DoT boosted recently? Today I found that she was pushed from a DoT factor of 0.94 to 0.96. For 731 ATK her DoT went from 684 to 700. For 746 ATK her DoT went from 700 to 716.
-> Her card should indicate a DoT of 684 now for the regular maximum 4-80 (previously 672)

Can somebody please verify this?

At 3.70 I have her at 576 DoT on 602 attack, for factor of .9568

1 Like

Thank you for checking!
The 576 DoT at 602 ATK fits with a factor of 0.96 as well, so I’ll keep the 0.96 for the time being.

My guess is that Morgan was improved with the recent balancing of Telluria and other heroes, but wasn’t mentioned in the list of re-balanced heroes.

Cookie Settings