Unacceptable Game names

Unfortunately I don’t know the alliance anymore it was a few months ago.

1 Like

Hmmm… guess it’s contextual… The same four letter word is used for naming an important croatian touristic resort, the Botswana national currency and the male sexual organ in my country.

1 Like

Brazil hey. My mate had to clue me up on that :joy:

Wanna see a jack package as a name haha

I have stumbled upon some really offensive names and contacted support about it. I was told teenagers play this game too, and some degree of juvenile humor is expected. So yeah, deal with it lol

I am wondering if there is any other course of action to deal with it, like some overseeing game commissions or such? on any social media platform, those usernames will get banned right away. and with over a million players, the game can be considered as such too?

In my country, the Kataastaasan, Kagalanggalang Katipunan ng mga Anak ng Bayan (rough English Translation: Supreme and Venerable Association of the Children of the Nation), or KKK or Katipunan for short, was a secret revolutionary organization founded by Andres Bonifacio, a Philippine hero, in the latter part of the 19th century, responsible for the guerrilla warfare against the Spanish Conquistadores and the ultimate ouster of our former colonial Spanish master who held Philippines in its clutches for approx 333 years. The revolution resulted to the independence of the Philippines, being one of the first republics in Asia, but the spoils of war was later revealed to be bogus as the Philippines was ceded (I read that as bought) by Spain to the U.S. for US$2 million in the 1998 Treaty of Paris resulting to the Mock Battle of Manila Bay. This is why the Americans became our colonial master, replacing the previous one (maybe also the reason why Philippines has one of the highest population of English speakers in Asia with a more neutral accent; sorry my Indian friends, you know you have an unmistakable accent save a few).

1 Like

I’m sure they’re all just fans of Krusty’s Komedy Klassics!

3 Likes

Words are words, stop being offended by anything that moves and breathes.

Thanks for your input, you ■■■■ ■■■■■■■■■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ person!

Note for the mods: the above is for dramatic/humorous/ironic effect and should not be taken personally by anyone.

1 Like

Ι took it personally

1 Like

20x :smile: :smile: :smile_cat: :smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it neutral like that celebrity style trans Atlantic English. Filipino English is distinctly US in intonation.

1 Like

A minority, especially if that is a Filipino who was born or grew in the U.S. But for regular Filipinos in the Philippines, one often encounters what we call carabao English :sweat_smile:

I learn something new every day :slightly_smiling_face:

I do comprehend how some people might be offended when seeing or hearing a word. But like many already mentioned, in some other part of the world, it could mean something else.
An example that happened to me recently,.
As I was talking to my sister-in-law who is American, I told her that I will be right back after my douche. Which mean shower in French langage. (I’m originally from Paris & Sometimes mix words between English & French)
She was shocked that I said that front of her kids.
But to me it means nothing more then “shower”

4 Likes

Calling someone a shower bag lacks the same impact I feel…

4 Likes

You win the forum today @sft1965 :rofl:

:medal_sports:

3 Likes

Apparently, I’m named after a boy band…

Everyone has their buttons - the overly sexualized or creepy ones tick me off. Every guy has a few girls that mean the world to them, trying to be funny it’s just unnecessary. Add to that it’s an issue in gaming - period…But not all are created equal.

Racial/sexual identity/orientation isn’t much different —

some folks are more sensitive than I am, some less.

I’ve asked a couple to change their names as a prerequisite to joining an alliance, and flagged a few in the wild that were overt and often get nominated to do the honors.

shrug

It’s an area that SG are the best to handle this, have the rules, and own the platform

One thing I have always liked about E&P (except for the public chat) is the gender isn’t an issue. Who cares if she’s a girl? She’s 12,000km away. Just behave appropriately to everyone.

1 Like

Agree — 100%.

LINE can be worse; but often a wizard helps Then set some configurations that suck by default and there’s rules for add/kick.

Couple folks I know had some really creepy stuff there, was directly involved.

It’s a social game; folks talk about their lives — requires a safe space folks can trust that meets their standards :slight_smile:

In game — Some folks pick a name others don’t want to participate or respond to; I’m not shy so I seem to get asked to talk to them.

It’s always been the 500 gem cost, which we helped resolve. Never been something a conversation Couldn’t handle.

Takes a lot for something to jump out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Creeps? get rid of them with a warning. At one stage I had a girl in my alliance who was positively phobic about being outed as a girl. It’s a shame because she had skills but inhabited public chat not the forum and quit.

1 Like

Cookie Settings